1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Beta Forums for Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Bottle Opener, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bottle Opener

Bottle Opener Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just a question.

Will there be a separate, secure section in the forums that only pre-orders / beta test persons have access to use? This would be for those players to post bug reports and other items in so that devs can read / reply to them.

Edit: Or... perhaps this is already present with people alpha/ pre-beta closed testing and we just have no access yet.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Haven't heard about a whole new set of forums, but there might be some new sections regarding beta (especially for reporting bugs and other feedback). Don't know if they'll be exclusive or "secure" though.

3. Bottle Opener

Right i didn't mean an entirely new set of forums and I am modifying my post to cover that. I meant more of a secure section :)

4. Jonesy

By secure, do you mean it can only be accessed by users who have access to the beta?

5. Bottle Opener

Indeed.

6. Jonesy

I see. Well, that might be possible (especially to make the section more relevant by having only beta users in there), but its really up to the devs. I don't know what their plans are at the moment.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. Sarbinger

Sarbinger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There was a thread a while back revealing all the "secret forums" regulars didn't have access to, the ones people were most interested in were an admin forum that was vacated, the private dev-communication forum, and the private friends and family beta forum.

8. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

There is currently a private beta forum. But pretty much when the beta goes open there's not going to be a reason for a beta specific forum because we already have the regular Starbound discussion forum.

Ethenyl likes this.
  9. Bottle Opener

Gotcha. So open beta will be completely open, no more secrets.

Thank you for the quick reply.

10. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

There's no force on earth which would compel 60k people's mouths shut. :)

Royced, Fury24, SLOW_oranges and 4 others like this.
  11. irishdude

irishdude Space Spelunker

Did I miss something? Thought if you prepurchased you got access to "beta" but sounds like the beta is already underway with no invite for me...
    and the "open beta" which by definition means anyone can get into is soon to come out?

12. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

There is currently a closed beta of the game-in-development, restricted to family and close friends of the devs. It's only available through invite. Purchasing a pre-order of the game will allow you access to the 2nd stage of beta, which is open to all existing beta players, as well as everyone who has pre-ordered.

AbeLincolnstein likes this.
  13. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

But you'll still be able to pre-order, so buying game now, is a complete waste of money.

I bet that, a lot thought so, too. Devs will probably say to you: ,,You think too much.''

14. AbeLincolnstein

AbeLincolnstein Void-Bound Voyager

That's what it sounds like to me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.