WIP BETA: FarmAutomation Mods (for SMAPI 0.39.6+)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Oranisagu, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Oranisagu

Oranisagu Subatomic Cosmonaut

ok, I've released a new version of the item collection mod which hopefully should fix most of the problems introduced by 0.1.5: https://github.com/oranisagu/SDV-FarmAutomation/releases/latest

as for the console errors when trying to collect from crab pots, I will have to look into it a bit more. for now I would have to recommend not connecting crab pots. this bug shouldn't do any damage but the mod won't be able to collect from other machines once this occurs, so any machine after the crab pot will be ignored (the order is usually from top to bottom row, left to right for every row).

CURRENT STATE: thanks again for all your help in testing and bug reports. with all the bugs it may not seem like it, but I actually do test each release ;-) but unfortunately there are so many situations I can't predict or account for (like the whole 0.1.5 issue - I have a specific testfile I use, which covers most situations, but since I always restore it after testing I never used a 0.1.5 save with 0.1.6 it and thus I never saw those bugs introduced by it). I knew the mod itself would be a rather complex piece of work and it wouldn't be possible to get where we're at now without all your help. we're now about 1 week after the first release and have a lot more features and hopefully less bugs overall. I'll try to fix the known issues and any bugs that pop up, while in the meantime I'm working on a new version which adds new features (connect buildings, slime hutches and so on, better performance) and is a lot cleaner codewise (don't expect it too soon though, that might take a good week or two). once I'm confident the current version doesn't have any bugs, I'll mark it the 1.0 release (In a way, I simultaneously hope you guys don't find any more bugs and I hope you do find all bugs so I can try to fix them). I was hoping for getting there last weekend (i.e. sunday) but unfortunately the 0.1.5 change introduced a lot of new problems. I still think it was the right decision though, as it is far more future-proof (updates of the game itself I mean). so i'm a bit behind my own set schedule, but as any programmer knows schedules usually aren't kept ;-)

I want to specially thank JulesC for all the help he/she provided with testing, extensive bug reports and generally being awesome =) QA is always an instrumental part of software development and JulesC is an extremely thorough tester. without people like him/her a mod like this wouldn't be possible at all.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    • Kazekitsune23

Kazekitsune23 Void-Bound Voyager

With the latest build this the error I'm getting when starting up the mod :/ Happens when I first load the save with the new version and I have the newest release of SMAPI

Code:
      [05:11:47.884 AM] [ERROR] an error occured with the automation mod: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FarmAutomation.Common.SoundHelper' from assembly 'FarmAutomation.Common, Version=0.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
         at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.Processors.AnimalHouseProcessor.ProcessAnimalBuildings()
         at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.ItemCollectorMod.<Entry>b__5_2(Object s, EventArgsIntChanged e)
      [05:11:55.140 AM] [ERROR] an error occured with the automation mod: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FarmAutomation.Common.SoundHelper' from assembly 'FarmAutomation.Common, Version=0.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
      )

• Oranisagu

this is still an issue when using both mods: if you use the newest version of one but an older version of the other things may break. the reason being, they both have a shared DLL which contains code I want to be available for all of my mods. .NET unfortunately works this way: if it loads a DLL it will stick with it, even if, sooner or later, another piece of code requests another version of it. I'm still looking into this problem, but in the meantime, simply update both mods.

I've updated the release to contain a zip for both mods, install both (or only one, but make sure no old versions persist) and the error should not occur anymore.

• Kazekitsune23

Kazekitsune23 Void-Bound Voyager

Yay that fixed it. That's for the input :)

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

• Oranisagu

while I can't say for sure, my mod is meant to be expandable to use machines from other mods. the config file has two lists: machines to collect from and machines to consider connectors. if you want to add a new machine, simply add it's ingame name into both lists and, as long as the other mod works like the vanilla game machines, it should work. As always, I recommend backing up your savefile and see if it works as intended.

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

so I tried as you said and nothing is happening not sure I have the right names or not for the machines...they are called Mill,Tank and Vinegar Jar

• Oranisagu

I'm terribly sorry, I must have spaced out completely when writing my last answer (I've been working during the weekend, if that's any excuse): collecting from other machines is relatively simple and can be activated by changing the configuration files of my mods, but adding new machines to fill up is currently not supported. this is a feature I'm working on but apparently I started mixing up the main branch with my work in progress. in addition, even with my new version, adding new machines is not quite as simple as I wish, as you have to add the items used for it. so in short: I'm stupid, unfortunately it won't work. the best you can get is automatically collect from those new machines, but refilling them is not yet supported.

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

hey works for me for now lol that only makes me half lazy not full :) love your mod still!! keep going...wish I could understand modding to do some...I like to have more indoor and out door decor myself....

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Another "Animals aren't being petted" observation--it would appear that animals are not automatically petted on festival days. Not sure if there's a fix for that or not.

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't show the icon, nevermind

• mangosix0

mangosix0 Void-Bound Voyager

Furnace is not work... in 1.07 version

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

ummm to get the Charcoal kiln to work you have to put 20 logs in but it uses 10 at a time.... is that right?

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

If I wanted to disable everything but the auto-pet, auto-milk, auto-shear would this be the correct way?

Changes in bold.

---------------------------------------------

{
                          /* if set to true, animals will be petted each day */
                          "PetAnimals": true,
                          /* defaults to 5. the amount of friendship each animal gains when you collect milk/wool from it. */
                          "AdditionalFriendshipFromCollecting": 5,

/* check this if you want the sound to be muted when all animals get processed. if you turn this off, there will be quite a cacaphony of bleats, moos and clucks. */
                          "MuteAnimalsWhenCollecting" : true,

/* the machines from which their finished product should automatically be collected. if it's a machine you can put items in, it will also look for items to put in afterwards */
                          "MachinesToCollectFrom": "",
                          /* these items are considered a connection. if a machine is not connected to a chest (either by being adjecant or by an adjecant machine being connected) nothing will happen.
                          for example, you can add Fence and Gate if you want those to be considered for connections as well.
                          */
                          "ItemsToConsiderConnectors": "",

/* the following floor tiles are considered connector. be careful, if you have lots of these floors, your whole farm might connect to the same chest and the mod might
                          accidentally add items to your machines you'd rather keep.

by default only boardwalks are enabled (few people seem to use them). use these to connect your machines to chests or add another type of flooring of your liking by
                          adding numbers from below comma separated into the list. For example:
                          "FlooringsToConsiderConnector": { 6, 7, 8 },

Floor types:
                          Wood Floor = 0;
                          Stone Floor = 1;
                          Weathered Floor = 2;
                          Crystal Floor = 3;
                          Straw Floor = 4;
                          Gravel Path = 5;
                          Wood Path = 6;
                          Crystal Path = 7;
                          Cobblestone Path = 8;
                          Stepping Stone Path = 9;
                          */
                          "FlooringsToConsiderConnectors": [ ],

/* the names of the game locations where machines are searched for. */
                          "LocationsToSearch": "Farm, Greenhouse, FarmHouse, FarmCave",

/* should farm buildings be searched for machines as well? */
                          "AddBuildingsToLocations": true,

/* enable or disable the mod */
                          "EnableMod": true
                          }

The mod wants 20 in the chest before it attempts, but the machine now only takes 10 logs. I think 1.07 changed it from 20 to 10.

Works for me, you might have a mod conflict or need to update something.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
                          • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I'm a little curious, though I largely got my answer now from reading this thread, particularly the last page.

Are the 'recipes' for these machines coded into the mod or do they pull the recipes from the game in some way? For example, CJB Automation has recipes coded into the mod, so if a recipe gets changed (like the Charcoal Kiln mentioned above), it'll still use the old recipe and you have to wait for the mod author to push out an update, making it tedious for all parties. It also denies the use of mods that add items, machines and new 'recipes'.

Apparently, for this mod, it's... both? It has recipes coded into the mod that checks for the items it thinks it needs (eg. 20 wood for the Charcoal Kiln) but it uses the in-game recipe to use the machine (eg. it uses 10 wood for the Charcoal Kiln). Do I have that right?

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

It's indeed both based on my testing. CJB Automation is taking 20 charcoal to make 1 coal which is wrong as of 1.07, the new recipe is 10 charcoal for 1 coal. This mod on the other hand requires 20 charcoal in the chest to activate the machine, but only pulls 10 charcoal. So the "activation" seems coded into the mod, but then it uses the in-game recipe (which is why we see popups in the corners, when you don't with CJB Automation).

To me, this mod seems better than CJB Automation because it allows you to do so much more but I only just switched and haven't had time to test everything.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Isn't that exactly what I said? :confused:

EDIT: Let me clarify. It seems a bit strange to reiterate what I say to answer my question. A simple yes would've been less confusing, because if you reiterate like this it sounds like you're correcting me in some way

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I edited my post literally seconds after posting it because I didn't see your last sentence until after replying. I just woke up, so i'm sorry for attempting to help you while half asleep next time I just won't bother. :wut:

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Well, you don't need to be like that. Help is appreciated, but you should be able to take people's criticism. I don't think I was being harsh or anything.

Also, you've been active on the forums since 5 hours ago, and again since 2 hours ago, and again 1 hour ago. Either you take 30-minute cat naps that completely tire you out, or you didn't wake up just now

EDIT: And yeah, I don't think you mentioned CJB automation in your original unedited post. Hmm, so far, I will probably prefer this mod, but it seems a bit buggy, and it has some features I don't need or want

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Not that it's any of your business but 3 hours of sleeping = still a zombie after being up for 2 hours. I don't know why your claiming i'm not taking criticism, I simply stated I won't bother helping you if your going to criticize my help. Why would I?

Simple systems like 1 chest, 5 furnaces seems like it works just fine or 1 chest inside a barn with a bunch of machines turning it into cheese/cloth. I think most complaints are people linking tons of machines/chests together hoping for miracles. Also lot of the bug reports in the last couple pages or so claim X feature doesn't work, but it does for me. Probably mostly people running mods that conflict.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I'm saying that 2 hours is not "just woke up". That's quite some time ago. Also, to be so passive aggressive when I had legitimate criticism is almost disconcerting, and yes, "not going to bother anymore" when you hear the slightest form of minimal criticism that had no intention of offending or putting anyone down, that is exactly what it means to not be able to take criticism. By your logic, all help should be accepted regardless of how helpful it actually is
                                        That said, I never even said it wasn't helpful. Heck, I even said it was appreciated. What more could you want? I merely said it was confusing and that it could've been phrased much simpler and much better. You could just take that to heart and do something with it instead of passive aggressively apologizing and stating you won't bother anymore

...Now, about the mod itself. I have a question for anyone with the answer. I read about auto-petting, which is something I don't want. Which of these two mods has that functionality and can it be turned off?