WIP BETA: FarmAutomation Mods (for SMAPI 0.39.6+)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Oranisagu, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Oranisagu

Oranisagu Subatomic Cosmonaut

it should be at 6:10. I just checked and found a probable cause: if you don't have a chest in the building it skips all further processing, not only the collection of eggs, milk and so on. definitely not intended, the petting should be independent. until I fix it, you can simply place a chest in the building and it should work from the next day forward.

Bugfix should be ready in about 6 hours or so, when I get back home.

thanks very much, that is incredibly helpful. it's possible recycling machines are special like the crystalarium. all other machines simply destroy the dropped in item and place the new item in. once the time is up, the new item can be retrieved. the crystalarium worked differently and cause CTDs for me.

It's interesting though that the recycling machine works if it's not connected during the first time update. removing and placing it or any connector tiles should invalidate the cache of locations and lead to a new full search for connected items - so the first tick shouldn't be any different from any other tick after a cache reset.

a quick workaround would be to remove the Recycling machine from the configuration (ItemsToConsiderConnectors and MachinesToCollectFrom) for now.

I'm fairly confident that with your information I can reproduce it with relative ease and fix it this evening.

• dsrules

dsrules Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah okay, thank you for all your work!

• dsrules

Hmmm. I placed chests in each building and still no petz. Also, the doors don't open. I tried changing the config file as well, no luck.

• Mysteana

Mysteana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Few more things that I noticed:

Looks like the Crystalarium can cause CTDs if it's ready for collection at the 6:10 update. Not entirely sure if it's related to other issues but something to double check?
          Void Eggs are not auto-collected.

There's a bug in the current available version where the settings for the open/close barn doors are flipped. The closedoorsafter setting is the open times and vice-versa.
          The code has already been updated so the next release should have it fixed.

• Oranisagu

thanks for all the feedback guys!
            I've fixed the easier bugs: https://github.com/oranisagu/SDV-FarmAutomation/releases/latest

but no matter what I tried, I wasn't able to reproduce the crashes for recycling machines or crystalarium.
            does anyone have a savegame where this error occurs? (if the newest version doesn't crash anymore I'm still interested, I only added an additional check at a suspicious piece of code, but that case should never happen and I need to find the underlying reason)

as for the animals not getting petted: placing chests should have worked but still, try the new version, I hope it's fixed now (at least for me it works with and without chests). if you still have problems, I'd like this savegame as well.

• dsrules

So I'm kind of in a pickle. Unless I am doing something wrong, this mod won't work at all. My doors don't open and none of my animals get pet. I tried adjusting the config file to see if that would help but it didn't. I have used other automatic door openers before and they worked fine (it's now disabled because I have this mod)

I've included my save file if you are interested.

Attached Files:

• Oranisagu

if nothing happens at all, then it's most likely your SMAPI didn't pick up the mod. I've written the manifest files for the newest SMAPI version, so if you're using something a bit older (0.38.X or so) that would certainly explain it.

SMAPI should, however, at least show an error message when it can't load a mod. if you can go to %AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs and attach the latest file I can check it out.

thanks for the savefile, I found out that having multiple animal buildings of the same type and upgrade status lead to problems with the mod (also a 6:10 crash like other described). I'm working on a fix but have to leave for work now, I'll probably upload a new version today or tomorrow evening.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
                  dsrules likes this.
                • Mysteana

Mysteana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, issues with multiple animal buildings at the same upgrade level would explain a fair bit...

I'll just disable the setup in one of those buildings then.

• dsrules

Nope... everything is loadly all hunky dory. Yet no petting or collecting or doors opening. I have 2 Barns and one Coop of the same level, is that an issue?

• Oranisagu

barn doors are completely independent and it doesn't matter how many buildings you have (or what level), it just looks at the farm, goes through every building, checks if its either a barn or a coop and opens the door (if appropriate, so not in winter, rain or lightning).
                      petting animals and collecting from those place works very similar, it doesn't care how many such buildings exist, so this should definitely work as well.

so if really does sound like the mods don't get loaded at all. can you attach the newest logfile(s) from %AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs ? I do write out some stuff when initializing the mods and when opening/closing barn doors and stuff like that. I ask again about your SMAPI version, because they did make changes to the way manifests are handled which means mods are only compatible with either the newer or older versions of SMAPI.

what currently causes trouble is the whole collecting stuff from machines (which, by far, is the most complicated part of my mods). one cause is definitely from having multiple buildings of the same type/level. it was a simple fix but I want to investigate the other crashes as well before making a new version. the savegame above produces additional errors for me I never could reproduce before, so I hope I can track down that bug as well.

my current main goal is to get a stable 1.0 release by the end of next weekend or so, with the current functionality (smelter will sadly be excluded for the time being).

• dsrules

[04:16:08] Injecting New SDV Version...
                        [04:16:08] Patching SDV Graphics Profile...
                        [04:16:08] LOADING MODS
                        [04:16:08] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AdjustArtisanPrices\manifest.json
                        [04:16:09] Loading Mod DLL...
                        [04:16:09] LOADED MOD: AdjustArtisanPrices by ThatNorthernMonkey - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AdjustArtisanPrices\AdjustArtisanPrices.dll)
                        [04:16:09] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AllProfessions\manifest.json
                        [04:16:09] LOADED MOD: AllProfessions Mod by cantorsdust - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: When reaching levels 5 and 10 for skills, adds all professions to the player, instead of just the one chosen. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AllProfessions\AllProfessions.dll)
                        [04:16:09] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\chestlabel\manifest.json
                        [04:16:09] LOADED MOD: label by ThatNorthernMonkey - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\chestlabel\SMAPIChestLabelSystem.dll)
                        [04:16:09] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\ChestPooling\manifest.json
                        [04:16:09] LOADED MOD: Chest Pooling by mralbobo - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Allows depositing into all chests one operation. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\ChestPooling\ChestPooling.dll)
                        [04:16:10] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\cj\manifest.json
                        [04:16:10] Loading Mod DLL...
                        [04:16:10] LOADED MOD: cjitem by Advize - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Expands the farm by adding a new farmable location accessible from the west end of your farm. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\cj\CJBItemSpawner.dll)
                        [04:16:10] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBAutomation\manifest.json
                        [04:16:10] LOADED MOD: CJB Automation by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Automate processing of machines (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBAutomation\CJBAutomation.dll)
                        [04:16:10] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\manifest.json
                        [04:16:10] LOADED MOD: CJB Cheats Menu by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game cheats menu! (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\CJBCheatsMenu.dll)
                        [04:16:10] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\DSEXP\manifest.json
                        [04:16:10] LOADED MOD: DSEXP by DS - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Expands the farm by adding a new farmable location accessible from the west end of your farm. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\DSEXP\DSEXP.dll)
                        [04:16:10] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmAutomation.BarnDoorAutomation\manifest.json
                        [04:16:12] Loading Mod DLL...
                        [04:16:12] LOADED MOD: FarmAutomation Mod: Barn Door Automation by Oranisagu - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Automatically opens and closes animal doors at set times (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmAutomation.BarnDoorAutomation\FarmAutomation.BarnDoorAutomation.dll)
                        [04:16:12] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmAutomation.ItemCollector\manifest.json
                        [04:16:12] LOADED MOD: FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector by Oranisagu - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Collects items from animals and machines and refills machines if a nearby chest has the necessary raw materials. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmAutomation.ItemCollector\FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.dll)
                        [04:16:12] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmExtensionSMAPI\manifest.json
                        [04:16:12] LOADED MOD: Farm Expansion Mod by Advize - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Expands the farm by adding a new farmable location accessible from the west end of your farm. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmExtensionSMAPI\FarmExpansionSMAPI.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\HarvestWithScytheSMAPI\manifest.json
                        [04:16:13] Loading Mod DLL...
                        [04:16:13] LOADED MOD: HarvestWithScytheSMAPI by ThatNorthernMonkey - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\HarvestWithScytheSMAPI\HarvestWithScytheSMAPI.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\InstantGeode\manifest.json
                        [04:16:13] LOADED MOD: InstantGeode by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Instant Geodes (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\InstantGeode\InstantGeode.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\NoSoilDecay\manifest.json
                        [04:16:13] LOADED MOD: NoSoilDecay by ThatNorthernMonkey - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\NoSoilDecay\NoSoilDecay.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\smart\manifest.json
                        [04:16:13] LOADED MOD: smart by ThatNorthernMonkey - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\smart\SmartMod.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewCJB\manifest.json
                        [04:16:13] LOADED MOD: CJB Show Item Sell Price by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Show item sell price in your inventory! (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewCJB\StardewCJB.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\manifest.json
                        [04:16:13] LOADED MOD: Trainer Mod by Zoryn - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\TrainerMod.dll)
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: types
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: hide
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: show
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: save
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: load
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: exit
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: stop
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: player_setname
                        [04:16:13] Registered command: player_setmoney
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_setstamina
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_setmaxstamina
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_sethealth
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_setmaxhealth
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_setimmunity
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_setlevel
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_setspeed
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_changecolour
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_changestyle
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_additem
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_addmelee
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: player_addring
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: out_items
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: out_melee
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: out_rings
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: newitem
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: world_settime
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: world_freezetime
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: world_setday
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: world_setseason
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: world_downminelevel
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: world_setminelevel
                        [04:16:14] LOADED 17 MODS
                        [04:16:14] SDV Loaded Into Memory
                        [04:16:14] Initializing Console Input Thread...
                        [04:16:14] Registered command: help
                        [04:16:14] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
                        [04:16:14] XNA Initialize
                        [04:16:14] XNA LoadContent
                        [04:16:19] Game Loaded
                        [04:16:19] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

^^ 0.39.2

• suzannemonroe

suzannemonroe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hi i don't know if i'm doing something wrong or it conflicts with the other mods that i use but i'm only using the ItemCollecter & it doesn't work for me :( i only tried it with my furnaces but only the furnace that touches the chest gets refilled not the other ones :/ what am i doing wrong?

• Oranisagu

first of all: new release under https://github.com/oranisagu/SDV-FarmAutomation/releases/latest

this should fix a lot of crashes, most of which happened because I assumed if the game says a location (XY coordinates) is not on the current map, there can't be an object there - but apparently it can =)
                            also, animals which got outside before the mod ran for the first time didn't get petted. this should be fixed now as well. edit: they also don't get their products collected. I've fixed it but since it's rather minor I'll publish it with the next more urgent bugfixes (i.e. crashes or stuff like that).

furnace is a bit of a problem right now. refilling is as of yet not possible because it has dependencies (usually it needs coal in addition to the main item.). in fact, it shouldn't even be collected from the first one touching your chest, that's unintended (small bug, I'll fix it with the next update). but if you want to collect from them, you could add 'Furnace' it into the list of machines to collect from as well as the machines to consider connectors in the configuration file, then it should theoretically collect from all of them.

ok, SMAPI obviously finds my mods, but the log entries for their initialization are simply missing. if that doesn't appear, it's clear they are not loaded. EDIT: sent you a zip with a preview for the next build with a lot more log entries, maybe we can find the problem this way.

btw, your savefile was incredibly helpful, you have such a different setup than me (i.e. the barn with the kegs had kegs where the game didn't expect items to be placed and stuff like that).

suzannemonroe likes this.
                            • JulesC

JulesC Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there, just trying out the mod, if it works it will be a great time saver and makes especially animals worthwhile again.

Just 2 quick questions concerning floors to connect machines:

- in the config, the floors are as follows:

wood = 0;
                              stone = 1;
                              ghost = 2;
                              iceTile = 3;
                              straw = 4;
                              gravel = 5;
                              boardwalk = 6;
                              colored_cobblestone = 7;
                              cobblestone = 8;
                              steppingStone = 9;

What ingame floors are these? 4,5,7-9 I can identify (I think, 'Colored Cobblestone' is the 'Crystal Path'?), but what is e.g. "Wood"? Is it the the standard floor you can build from start ("Wood Path") or the one you bought from Robin ("Wood Floor")? It would be great if you can add a comprehensive list of what floor tiles These actually are.

- How do you actually use the floors to connect machines? Do the machines (+chest) have to stand on the floor tile and be connected, or do you use the floors as links between machines/chests? E.g.: Say you have a chest and a machine with one space between them: XOX (where X = machine, O = space). Does the floor has to be put only on 'O' or also on the two 'X's?

• Oranisagu

yeah, the whole floor tiles section is confusing for me as well, as there's nothing documented in the wiki, but thankfully one of the savegames I've received is has everything and I was able to update the list:
                                Wood Floor = 0;
                                Stone Floor = 1;
                                Weathered Floor = 2;
                                Crystal Floor = 3;
                                Straw Floor = 4;
                                Gravel Path = 5;
                                Wood Path = 6;
                                Crystal Path = 7;
                                Cobblestone Path = 8;
                                Stepping Stone Path = 9;

I've updated the config file comments and with the next release (a bit later today) this will be in.

as for how to connect: no, actually right now if you place something on the floor it will lead to a crash (will be fixed with todays upload).
                                in your example, only O needs the floor tile. generally if there is one or multiple touching floortile between a chest and a machine it will count as a connection
                                say: C =Chest, K = Keg, F = Floor, 0 = nothing:
                                0CFFFFFF0
                                0000000F0
                                0KFFFFFF0

will connect the chest and keg.
                                the idea is you can decide I don't like the look of this floor tile for anything else, so I'm gonna use it as a connector between chests and machines. I added it mainly for tree tappers (you don't want to have to place a chest or machine next to each tree) and to make stuff like Keg farms (i.e. a Barn full of Kegs) easier to use while still being able to walk around it.

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

would really like the Seed Maker added..folks just have to make sure there gold star crops are in a different chest hehe but with large crops it would be very useful

• JulesC

JulesC Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for the mod itself - ist really great for mass-production :)

What I just noticed during my playing:

- the worm bin is not working: The Worms get collected and stored in the chest, but the bin is not 'reset', i.e. it does not produce after the collection. The only way to get it producing again is to collect the bin via (pick-) axe and putting it down again.
                                    - statue of perfection, cristallarium and the 1 M Gold statue bought in the Casino are not collected

Also, there are from time to time error texts in the SNAPI console. Most of them were caused by connecting floors with machines on them (the machines did not produce while this was the case), and when I fixed this they stopped (and machines resumed production). Still, from time to time, a message about trees or something pops up - I'll try to write the exact problem down when it occurs again.

P.S: Any chance to get crab pots connected to chests with bait in them?

• Oranisagu

new release with various bugfixes and support for seed maker and furnace:
                                      https://github.com/oranisagu/SDV-FarmAutomation/releases/latest

thank you all for your feedback, it really helps pinpointing problems.

added it in =)

I'll look into the worm bin issue (probably another machine which gets handled differently than most, wouldn't be the first time, hehe).

as for the statues, I have no savegame with them so I'm hesitant to add them and hope for the best ;-) could you send me your savegame so I can test it out after adding them? they might simply work if you add them to the configuration, if you want to test it yourself, just add the name exactly as it's written in game to the 2 lists.

I hope this was the issue with machines/chests on floortiles, which I've already fixed in this release, if not, could you send me your logfiles from %AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs ?

as for crab pots. well, I'm really not sure. the problem is, there is always a tile between them and land where one could place a chest. I'm hesitant to simply make them have a longer range for finding chests. but I agree it would be nice to have them connected. I'll look into it but can't promise anything.

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

woot woot thank you so much!!!!! I got it and installing it in now!

• suzannemonroe

suzannemonroe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm using the latest update right now & i'm playing with headphones & everytime at like 6:10am all animals make their noises at the same time & this really scared me the first time it was happening because it was so loud xD