WIP BETA: FarmAutomation Mods (for SMAPI 0.39.6+)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Oranisagu, Mar 28, 2016.

1. SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Yeah its in the config file and it also show up in the SMAPI log and yes the machines are original(even though originality doesn't really matter since spawned items works in farm and other places)

Also to the OP, are you planning to do auto-harvest for crops any time soon or is there a mod for it out there already?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

From the OP:

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Lol if he say so then we might as well have fun farming :) Thanks anyway. :)

EDIT: Okay but I do have to ask: Is it possible to make a auto-harvest mod for THOSE who wanted it? I like to plant and water and harvest but when you keep on doing that for over 200 hours it kina start to get boring and I start to use farm extension maps which makes it really hard to maintain the harvest. I would be nice if there is a auto-harvest mod where I could just sit and relax and watch my farm grow and get rich without having to do much. I already carried the burden of doing all the chores for many many hours and I want to start resting now and just chill. :)

EDIT 2: I still have trouble getting machines to work on added locations mods. The animals do get petted and their products get collected but machines doesnt work there. For Example: Tego's expension cellar building as well as Advize's added map. Can anyone help? Pleaseeeeee

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
        • Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay I've scrolled back at least 6 pages and not finding the answer here i have 2 questions.
          1. Does using the autocollect in my coop or barn prevent getting large milk/eggs?
          2. I have found that crabpots in the ocean on the dock will autocollect, but I am not finding anywhere else that it will collect.
          Collects from this image: [​IMG]
          But not from around any of the rivers or lakes that I have found yet:[​IMG]

I have the chests directly next to the crabpots in both instances.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

1) I routinely get large eggs/milk from my chickens, cows, and goats, so no, it doesn't prevent it.
            2) That second location is in the mountains, right? Do you have the mountains in the list of locations for the mod to search for machines/chests in the configuration file?

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

1) I've gotten large eggs and milk. No question about it.
              2) Yeah, you're gonna have to add the Mountains to the list of locations to search. By default it's only the Farm, Greenhouse, House, Cave, and Beach. On another note, I've saturated the forest with crab pots. It's one warp away compared to the Mountains. ;)

• Faythe

I didn't change any of the locations in the config but I can see now I need to edit that. I was wondering on the Large Milk/Eggs cause my cows/goats/chickens have all been really happy the previous day and the same day and I'm not finding any large eggs or milk I usually got when they were in that mood. I've tried using the automation, and then pulling the chest out and tending them the next day both with the same results.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

There is a bug with the slime egg press. You need 100 slime to make one slime egg but it stopped when the chest have only 99 even though there are other stacks of 999 slimes in the chest.

EDIT: does the slime incubator work? I edit the config file and put the slime incubator but it doesn't work.

• Faythe

There is one thing that annoys me between the difference of this and CJBs automation. CJB's ran silently whereas this one has the noise of putting things into the machines as well as taking them out. Would be appreciated if you could make it run silently as well.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

There is an option for that in the config file. It silences all noise for 2 seconds every time, though.
                      Aside from that, due to the way this is implemented, the noise and the item popup cannot be removed 'cleanly'

• Faythe

I saw the silence option for the barnyard critters but not the general option. Just gets annoying when I'm deep in a mine and sudden hear the noise for gathering out all my wine.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Do you have the latest version of the mod? I think that was an option added not too long ago

• Tagiru

Tagiru Space Hobo

Hmmm, downloaded the latest build today.

It wont process my wood into coal despite giving it 500 pieces

• Fiore_Falinesti

Fiore_Falinesti Seal Broken

I had been using CJB Automation mod but switched because it doesn't link things with paths (which is super handy!).
                              But with CJB that notification doesn't pop up.
                              Can it not be disabled in this mod because of how the mod is coded, or because it was thought not to be possible?

• Farthead2255

Farthead2255 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey could you add that a chest can auto pick up truffle?

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

What?? the mod doesn't collect truffles?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Because of how it's coded. Earlier versions actually had similar behavior to CJB's mod, but it was abandoned in favor of this implementation, which is a lot more flexible and less prone to error

• Shabugamo

Shabugamo Void-Bound Voyager

Snarkypie, ekffie, SKKN and 2 others like this.
                                    • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Norfuer and ekffie like this.
                                    • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

I can't seem to get the newest mod to function inside the farm house even though FarmHouse is listed in the config as an area to search. I'm using the FarmHouseExtended mod, however, even after reverting to the vanilla farm house I could not get this to function. Otherwise it works as intended.

On another note, the mod seems to be compatible with CJB automation which does work inside the farm house. (I did not have CJB Automation in the folder while testing.)

Last edited: May 10, 2016