Best of Queen of Sauce

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChaosB, Jan 14, 2017.

1. ChaosB

ChaosB Astral Cartographer

After just throwing the idea out in another thread I figured I'd make a dedicated thread to the idea to increase visibility just in case CA wanders through, looking for ideas, and in case anyone else has ideas to refine or improve the concept.

The idea of a 'Best of' collection is that if you miss one of the recipes from the TV it can take a long time for them to show up again, potentially seasons or even years, and it would be nice to have a quicker way to get any missing recipes. My thought on that is that once Year Three rolls around Pierre could start stocking a 'Best of QoS: Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Edition' cookbook that upon purchase would grant you any recipes from the respective seasons that you might have missed.

Price would be 'high' in comparison to other items but not too high(it is only a cookbook after all), say in the 10K-20K range. I'm not sure yet if they should be season specific or available all at once as soon as the year rolls around, as the former would seem to be more fitting for a 'seasonal' edition of a book while the latter better fulfills the idea of gaining access to the recipes quicker.

Jerev likes this.
    • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I am missing only one recipe. It's somewhat annoying. So please implement something like the above mentioned cooking book.

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Traveling Cart could have a cookbook or single recipe as part of its random items.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Either that or the restored Community Center could have such a recipe collection in the kitchen.

Jerev likes this.
          • EnchantedFox2121

EnchantedFox2121 Orbital Explorer

I agree. There needs to be a way to get the recipes without having to rely on them showing up on the TV. Gus has a few recipes for sale, so why can we not purchase recipes from other places? Or, what if at the end of the season there's a Queen of Sauce re-run marathon where they show all the recipes for the whole season, just in case anybody missed any?

• Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

Just pop the recipes individually into Gus' s inventory every sunday ad 500 to 1500 a pop no need for different items or cookbooks for learning recipes

Maybe introduce cook books to increase food quality or effects.

• ChaosB

ChaosB Astral Cartographer

Hmm, that (somehow) gives me an idea for a little extra content.

If the tracking system for produce sold was added to the 'recipes cooked and shipped', perhaps in addition to getting an achievement/trophy for cooking one of every meal you could get a special scene if you shipped at least one of every meal, where the Queen of Sauce herself shows up in town to award you a signed cookbook as proof of your culinary mastery, perhaps in a special episode taking place in the CC kitchen with you as assistant/honorary cook, and the cookbook itself boosting the duration of the buffs from food.

On the first point that could certainly work, and would likely be easier to add to the game.

• Bpendragon

Bpendragon Void-Bound Voyager

Bit of a necro I know, but I just released a mod inspired by a post on the mod ideas github, which was in turn inspired by this thread: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7985

Defaults to being recipes show up a month after they first air and costing 3500 gold, both values are configurable. Written for 1.5.x, have some reports it works for 1.4.x, but I cannot guarantee that