Benefit of NOT finding an artifact on Day 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc5, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Marc5

Marc5 Void-Bound Voyager

When I start a new game I check out the map first to see what amount of Spring onions are available, where the forgeables are, what is in the trashcans, and if there are any worms that give up an artifact so I can turn it into Gunther for 250g. I just had a playthrough that did not have an artifact but I got some food from a trashcan that I could sell for 260g, so I used the file. I know that you cannot get an artifact in a fishing chest until you find one the ground or the mines but I had not realized the amazing benefit that this had. Since I couldn't get artifacts I was getting bait, coal and all of the ores in my chests. I ended up with 21 coal, 16 copper ore, 12 iron ore, and 9 gold ore from Day 2 and 3 fishing. It may have been luck to get that much ore but I will start delaying getting my first artifact until after the first few days of fishing just to see if I can get great results like that again.

• Marc5

Marc5 Void-Bound Voyager

OK, so maybe it was just chance. I started another playthrough with the same strategy but this time I only got coal, even on a great luck day.