1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

Usually, I make open backed covered areas so that the bees produced don't wander off. Rain just doesn't enter the equation. Same with people using well lit hive areas on their respective ships. Long sessions however do ring a bell as having been flagged before as a reason for production drop off. Not sure if Cactaur addressed that or whether it was an artifact of using Bees with incompatible mods.

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The only three mods I use are Felins, Avali, and FU (which includes Bees!). I've never run into any incompatibilities but it would make sense that if the game is choking after a several hour stint, it would be failing to update things like new crafting stations being placed and keep track of timers like apiaries. The FPS lag was getting pretty bad, lol. I have an owl clock hanging in my laboratory and it would move its eyes to the left, wait a second, move its eyes to the right, wait a second, etc. But yet my character was still moving around fine, but the world around me was going kinda slow-mo. A flying monster would swoop down on me and just pause in the air and I could still move. I'd swing at it and 3 seconds later, it'd register the hit. etc.

3. crazygreggy

As FU and Bees are dealing with the same objects but have now slightly different development lines, the chances of issues being produced are only going to increase. You only need FU if you want to use FU and Bees.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's just it, I only have FU. I don't have FU and Bees! installed separately. My apologies for any confusion. I have FU, which includes Bees.

But anyways, I've now got 7 apiaries up and and running and they're producing much better now and they seem consistent even during rain. As previously said, musta just been the extra long gaming session that broke it.

The only thing I'm not really liking is how most of the time, metal-based honeycombs give you nothing, even in the Industrial Centrifuge.... that's a bit annoying.

5. crazygreggy

Ah! Confusion indeed. I am playing with FU as well at the present and am pleasantly surprised at how Sayter has polished the mod. I have another ( archived ) game that is Bees! centered.
    I always considered the metal based bee line to be fairly superfluous UNLESS your base is your ship then they actually provide an alternative to planetfall scrounge missions.

6. Zzepish

Zzepish Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, i wanted to ask a question: is it just me, or if i put more than one frame - combs are getting slower?
    [​IMG]

7. crazygreggy

I always used as the second frame the one that makes the hive immune to varroa mites so it's never really come up for me.

8. Zzepish

can i use 1 frame in Gint apiary?

9. crazygreggy

Yes. Though there are two slots free for frames you don't need to use both. Grow some bee flowers ( you find them in Flower Bee apiaries ) and manufacture those anti-mite frames and use one as a second frame in a giant apiary.

10. Zzepish

what wiill be, if i will put twosame frames in one slot?

11. crazygreggy

There's no benefit from stacking. One frame per slot.

Zzepish likes this.
  12. Ultan

Ultan Big Damn Hero

Hey people. I know i am probably necroposting, but how to obitain golded\golden wood?

13. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

Raise Forest Bees. You can find them on Forest worlds during the daytime. Extract their combs in an extractor and you'll get Golden Wood.

14. Ultan

Ultan Big Damn Hero

Thanks. That solved a lot.

15. Ultan

Ultan Big Damn Hero

And before i went far - how to obitain amber chunks?

16. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

17. Keshire

Keshire Poptop Tamer

I didn't know Starbound mods progressed this far. Forestry bees is probably my favorite minecraft mod next to Thaumcraft.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hello!

I'm a longtime Frackin Universe user, and I discovered a potentially game-breaking bug with the Bees! mod.

If you stick a weapon into a centrifuge, it will spit out another randomized weapon of the same type and rarity. This can be gamebreaking because if you find a low-level weapon, you can dump it in a wooden centrifuge and keep dumping it in until it gives you an endgame-ish weapon.

I've personally been able to take a 1.7 damage 1H sword, throw it in, and eventually get a 7.7 damage sword back out.

I can only guess that it is because there's no "Else If" in the LUA scripts that tells the game to do nothing if the item that's placed in the centrifuge does not match any of the If statements (IE, it's not a honeycomb of any sort).

I've confirmed that it works both in Stable and Unstable versions of the Bees! mod that's shipped with Frackin'Universe.

19. Nunikid

Nunikid Big Damn Hero

Does anyone know how to pure honey?
    Kinda of a newbie

20. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

You need to build a Centrifuge. You can build a basic wooden one at the Apiary Crafting Table. Put Honeycombs in the "input" slots on the sides, and products will come out.

To get both products and extra Honey, you'll need to build a better Centrifuge and a Honey Jarrer. Place them right next to each other in your honeying area, so they touch. Make Honey Jars at the crafting station and put them anywhere in the Honey Jarrer. Then, when you purify honeycombs, you'll get Honey Jars as well.