1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

3. Gobelet

Gobelet Void-Bound Voyager

I'm always having this issue :
    Fatal Excpetion caught: (StarException) An error occured during loading: (MonsterException) Error loading monster type '/monsters/bees/forestbee.monstertype'
    Caused by:MonsterException) Repeat monster type name 'forestbee'

i've tried with an older version of bees! and i've tried to uninstall and reinstall starbound but it continue to give me this

4. KatjaREDMedic

KatjaREDMedic Tentacle Wrangler

So drones will just be hanging around flying like queens? So far I've found two queens...Nocturnal and Desert(I think it was Desert, I found it in there). I've got the planet marked, I know it spawns bees, so I can just head back, I suppose.

5. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

Sure will. It's all just a matter of catching bees until you get drones.

6. KatjaREDMedic

Funny enough, I found one not long after posting...speak of the devil, I suppose.
    Apiary's running nice and smoothly. All they need now is a little time...and probably privacy, I keep peeking at 'em.

7. KatjaREDMedic

So, with a little searching and a little time, I managed to get some flower bees. The main page said something about seeds from them. Do they produce these like combs, do I spin them out of combs, or...? So far I've got an endless supply of flower petals out of them.

8. Freezair

Unless things have changed, they should produce them like combs. You should see them in the apiary's output slots.

9. KatjaREDMedic

Okay, probably last question, where can I find some nocturnal bees? I didn't mark the planet where I found my first one. I should've...it's just at night, right?

10. Freezair

Low-threat planets at Night, yup yup. Lush and Forest are good bets.

11. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

If you've got a planet with normal Honey bees then wait for night and the nocturnal ones will come on out.

12. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Most likely Bees + FrackinUniverse since I allowed Sayter to include Bees in his mod. Any updates I've release past that point have been slight tweaks to the mod for standalone users, as well as bug fixes. They don't work together, since its a duplicate installation of Bees.

13. puffintoast

puffintoast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks again for this wonderful mod, Cactuar - it has given many hours of bee-related shenanigans to me.
    Will you be updating it once the release patch thingie happens? I cannot imagine playing Starbound without all the bees...

14. KatjaREDMedic

I'm with puffin, I'm hoping this sticks around, myself. Haha, sticky, honey, I'm not funny.

Gets you to explore more planets, too...on my quest for Volcanic and Nocturnal bees I'm combing the galaxy and finding new things. Still looking for those two...I'm sure as soon as I stop looking I'll find some.

15. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

thx for this mod ;) but i got a problem now or i went stupid, dunno.. I'm using bees along with FU because it's included and i really love to use both mods. I got the normal apiary to make combs by putting the frames to the bottom, the drones to the 1st and queens to the 2nd input slot. In the past i got the Great Apiaries working too, but since i rebuild my base i can't get the great apiaries to work. What could this be caused by??? I haven't done any changes to the mods I'm using and haven't added new ones ( but updated GardenBot & FU )

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

When's the last time you updated FU? This past Tuesday, the FU update said "Fixed Giant Apiary" in the notes.

Also, question:

I'm stuck at a quest near the beginning. The questgiver told me to "make a bed of flowers". So, I hoe'd some dirt, planted some flower seeds and... the quest won't complete. Is there a certain number of flowers? Am I supposed to use petal blocks instead? I don't really get why this quest won't complete. I know the apiary is working, because I've gotten honeycombs and golden wood out of it...

EDIT: Apparently, he wanted me to pick up some flower petals. That's kind of misleading. He says "Plant a Flower Garden" but what he really meant was "go harvest a flower", lol. I already had flower seeds on me before getting this quest, so naturally I grabbed them and planted them and the quest didn't complete.

Might want to change the item from petals to seeds for this reason.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Freezair likes this.
  17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Okay.... a new question...

Does rain have a negative impact on bee production or something? I just spent the last 5 minutes doing nothing but twiddling my thumbs and of course it ate the large chunk of an in-game day because it was raining non-stop and it took forever even for the 150+ flower drones to give me a single floral honeycomb when they usually produce much faster than that.

Also, why did you make it so that queens and drones oftentimes spawn outside the apiary? This means that I have to stand around twiddling my thumbs if I'm trying to breed a new queen... it'd be nice if she appeared inside the apiary like anything else so I can actually go do something while the bees do their thing. Forcing the player to stand around and wait is rarely a good thing to do game design...

18. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm more interested in knowing what function if any can detect weather.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I dunno, but it seems like when it rains, bee production comes to a screeching halt. No drones are produced, no bees flying around I can catch, and item production seems to be at less than half the speed.

Rain stops and everything resumes as normal. It takes about 60-90 seconds for my flower bees to make a floral honeycomb (I got like 50 drones in there with Durasteel Frame). When it rains, I can go 3, 4, 5 minutes without a single comb.

EDIT: Also there is some really weird Giant Apiary placement bugs. I don't have screenshots right now, but if you place two Giant Apiaries next to each other, the one on the left will randomly move a few pixels and if you try stacking them, the bottom one moves and the top one doesn't, about half a tile at random. Sometimes they'll be lined up perfectly, other times they won't. I eventually gave up and made platforms instead of stacking them.

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Okay so apparently this had something to do with a long session of Starbound, because one of the FrackinUniverse crafting machines refused to work even though it should have, and I was getting weird pauses and extremely low FPS. Took a break, came back to it, and now the bees are behaving normally even in the rain...