1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

And sorry, i've been making this mod for like 3 days now, and its now 224 files in size.. and I'm doing it alone. Trying not to make bugs but it takes a lot longer to test everything than you would think... I'll dedicate more time into testing from now on. :(

2. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

waspboss.jpg

Little something in the works.

What tier would everyone like to see this boss spawn at? That's just a rough version so i can script him before I take the time to improve the image.

3. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

I have a suggestion how about Red Bees and Red Honey. Also for some reason i do not have the recipies for the bug catcher or the Boring apiary showing up i have 15 boring larva combs in my steel crate. I'm not sure why this is happening and if it may be relating to this mod or the fact i have multiple mods installed.

4. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Could you explain a little bit further what you mean? Also, the boring combs are supposed to teach you the boring apiary recipe on pickup.. maybe ill just move all apiaries to default recipes.

5. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

Hahahah, a bee eater, or better, an anteater is looking inside my bee Box =P

Also, I wanna suggest a new thing!!!! Bees improving the speed of my plantations. I saw somewhere a type of growing boost, they could do the same, if possible!

upload_2014-2-15_23-31-43.png

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  6. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Hmm, how could that be done?

7. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

Bug Fix i think.

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know, maybe looking inside that mod. It was something about "fertilizer".

If you used something similar to the Survivor backpack, or that Air Generator, something like this, like an area around the bee box influencing farms.

Let's try this way, checking if a farm is near, and if yes, improve the growing speed of it. The growing speed was changed in that mod, but I can't remember what mod was, and the search for MODs in the site is pretty bad =\

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  9. Silverduke1

Explain more about what the red bees or the recipie thing?

10. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

The recipe thing shouldnt be an issue now. All the basic apiaries are known by default.

I'm going to make red bees but not just yet... i need to work on a mechanic for catching bees in different biomes. I'm just finishing off the content for tier 1 of the mod now, by giving the bee boss a drop.

11. Silverduke1

Oh neat i hope in later teirs there will be a way to raise bees in non-native biomes.

12. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

End of tier 1! Wasp Boss / loot!

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

for the Wasp Lord boss, make it a Violium-Tier item. Maybe make the drops from it be what's required to get the Cerulium upgrade, in place of the current Ferozium Tech Upgrade.
    Until the Starbound crew makes the higher-tier upgrades require further boss fights or innovations.

14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Yep, this.

15. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Only problem is I'm not artistic so ill have to find someone who can do good pixel art... :(

16. Silverduke1

Are noctornal bees supposed to be given 4 queens to 1 drone? Also Almost everytiime i open the bee catcher i get a wasp or nothing usually wasps are wasps supposed to be more common then bees and nothing?

17. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

the wasps are currently a 30% occurance, i could lower it though if thats too high.

18. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

I accidently put a > where a < should have been! Thank you... it was only 10% bee probability.

19. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

20. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Nocturnal bees given? I don't understand T.T The beetrap sometimes drops nocturnal bees due to time of day.