1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

I've got a server running, i just havent fully updated it with the mod yet, so feel free to let me know how it works out!

2. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

spawned.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm pretty close to done making the bees... im working on their immortal wasp enemies next and programming in random battles between them eventually. :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  3. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Upcoming change: Apiaries now store up to 10 combs over time.

4. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool, thanks the nocternals drop stuff now! Another suggestion: Could you make the apiaries like you can stand on them? So we could place them one on top of the other, that wpould be great, saves space and looks nice. :)

5. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

I removed that feature due to the platform spawning funky but ill fix it and put it back in

6. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

Bee mob, stacking apiaries, stored honey!

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Oh man that bee spawning is massive with multiple apiaries... incoming ninja update... the more they spawn the slower theyll spawn. Sorry!

8. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

9. iraham

iraham Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think this is great and a major improvement over what Star Booze has.

The only concern I have is, do they work together?

10. green3y3

Oh man, too many bugs . . . uhm i mean too many bees flying around in my ship now (25 apiaries), the game is getting so slow, i feel like a snail between all those flying yellow masses :confused:
    Here's a real bug, i think: you are only able to craft the boring apiary (needed to get exceptional bees?!) on the tabula rasa, not on the mods own crafting item. And (for me) the game crashed while loading, so i removed the "waspmob" folder, then it worked again.
    But hey, lovely mod, though !

11. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Oh man did i leave waspmob in there? It's a WIP object, let me fix that! Sorry!

12. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

13. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

Fixed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

The mod is good, but it gets updated insanely rapidly, it is very annoying to re-install the thing again and again and again and again.
    And the sprites are too HD for Starbound, you may want to fix that as well.

15. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

I use actually starbound items as templates for everything i make, and make them with the same dimensions. Don't know what you mean by HD.

Also, the sprites themselves get scaled up in the game.

16. Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

First off, great mod! Looking forward to taking a peek at the code (I promise not to alter it, heheh). As for the "HD Sprite" thing, I think Battle Bee means that you used a smooth gradient for shading, whereas Starbound usually uses a palette of only a few colors (somewhere around four to seven, I'd wager).

17. green3y3

Caught another bug: when you place the bugcatcher it disappears (tried on ship and on planet).

18. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Fixing that now, gonna ninja fix it, so just redownload and itll be fine. Gimme like 120 seconds.

19. green3y3

No worries, maybe it's ok for minor stuff to just sum up some bugfixes so people don't get too annoyed of frequent re-installing. :) (for me it's perfectly ok)

20. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Okay, its fixed.. just redownload the mod. Hopefully i didnt accidently include anything WIP again, i was careful this time.