Bee/Mosquito sound in Summer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sheila, Mar 23, 2016.

?

Remove buzzing ambiance in summer?

1. *LOUD BUZZING NOISES* (Yes)

2. No

3. Don't care

4. Yes, but change it for cicada noises

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Void-Bound Voyager

This is probably the most annoying thing I've run into in the game so far...
    The sound is insufferable! Probably the worst part of summer is hearing buzzing by your ears, needing to swing your hand by the side of your head to scare the annoying buggers away, except you can't do that in Stardew Valley, hehe.
    This is an excellent case of a detrimental amount of realism :cry:

You can turn off ambiance sounds to get rid of this, but it also gets rid of all the other nice ambiance that I don't necessarily want to get rid of.

Any chance this will be removed?
    At the very least, I think it should be made a LOT more subtle.

EDIT: as DatRaph said, a good idea to replace this is to use the sound of cicadas instead
    I think this would be fitting and serve the same purpose as the current track but probably a lot less grating on the ears :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
      Kartoffy likes this.
    • PerkulatorBenny

PerkulatorBenny Orbital Explorer

I'm fine with it, it doesn't really bother me.

• Mabu

Mabu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like if it was quieter. Noon comes and adfjk.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Lol you think thats annoying? try irl. THAT is insufferable... and the stings... ugh... seriously tho, the sounds are almost unnoticeable when you are running around doing things, in fact... the only times I noticed the buzzing was when I was fishing and had nothing but the water near me. Perhaps if you try to keep your mind busy and on errands as summer goes by?

• DatRaph

DatRaph Big Damn Hero

The mosquitos are quite annoying.... I would like to change it to the sound of cicadas.

Nurio, Zai Lily, Sheila and 1 other person like this.
            • Kartoffy

Kartoffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*thumbs up* :up:

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I second that!

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The sound doesn't really bother me much. I just focus on the tasks at hand that I often have to do and move on. I guess I like the atmosphere it gives, as it gives to making summer feel different than the other seasons, and being lively with the fresh sounds of insects waking up from long slumber. At least those that don't like the cold weather.

They don't seem to drown out other sounds to me, but could be at a lower volume; that much i could agree to. I can not agree to outright removal. That is how I see it. :nuruhappy:

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ooooh... that would be nice

• Sheila

I'm afraid it's not that easy to me, we don't choose what our minds focus on, it's annoying IRL and it's annoying in SW too :(

That's a great idea actually, I support this change. Hopefully we get some word on this :)

I edited my first post with that idea included!
                      I've also added the option to the poll as well as the option to change your vote, if anyone is still up for it :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
                      • Sheila

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I do hope it changes, it'll make it a little more serene, for the meantime can someone make a mod for that?

DatRaph likes this.
                        • DatRaph

DatRaph Big Damn Hero

Yes! Even if this isn't a permanent change/option in the game, a mod would be great.

• Sheila

I just don't find loud buzzing noises in my ear to be ambiental or pleasurable, but cicadas are pretty much the sound of the summer :)

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

Ikr, I'm listening to cicadas right now, outside my window, I almost want to kill it though :love:-:viking:
                              This should really get noticed by CA, it would make the game better by ten-folds. Just by replacing that pestering sound in the summer. I sometimes feel like there's a mosquito flying around my room.

DatRaph and Sheila like this.
                              • Sheila

RIGHT? MAKE IT STOP ;_;

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Cicadas dont exist everywhere... so Stardew Valley probably is located in some area where cicadas dont exist... in fact, I have never heard a cicada before, so it probably IS an area where they dont exist.

• Sheila

They're pretty much all around the world, still I don't think it matters where they exist or not, it's a fictional game, I think it needs to stop being compared to real life so much...
                                    Besides it's up to CA if cicadas can exist in there or not, if anything it was probably an overlook :)
                                    I/we are asking for cicada because I think bee/mosquito buzzing in your ears is terribly grating, but cicada cries have a certain summery allure to them.

DatRaph likes this.
                                    • Sheila

Shameless bump :)

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

Bump the stump with a plump slumped Butt

:lickitung::poo: