1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Beatrice's music from the SNES era Version 1.5

Music by Kikuta, Mitsuda, Uematsu, Kondo and others

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Beatrice updated Beatrice's music from the SNES era with a new update entry:

Version 1.3: New music

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1434824322][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sorry that it took me so long! Hadn't that time in the last months, and than I was away for a month in Italy. I tried to fullfill some of your wishes:

- Chrono Trigger, Boss theme 1
    There's a Solo and a Quintet.

- Chrono Trigger, Schala
    I've added a Quartet. It's a bit tricky, because you can change the combo. For example, you may change the harp to a music box, or can interchange the violin and the clarinet. there are many possibilities besides the one I suggested in the file.

- Chrono Trigger, Black Omen.
    Solo and Quintet. I'm not so happy with the solo. You may try a Sax or an Electric Bass which gave a rather good result when testing; or any other instrument with a rather good range of diferent tones.

Certainly, other wishes are still noted, and I try my best to add them, too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  2. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

woo :D:D
    ill has to try em out when i get the chance :3

Beatrice likes this.
  3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I'm still doing my best! I hope that especially the Schala quartet will be good enough for you!

4. Milly Rainbowskittlez

listening to it now. Its a trio right now. no drum :c I really need a drum TTnTT

but
    rock organ instead of violin
    musicbox or nylon guitar instead of harp

no srsly. rock organ makes it sound smexeh x33

note: i also need a harp :c

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  5. Milly Rainbowskittlez

A couple of new complaints now that i have a few more instruments to actually test these.
    Brink of Time Quartet:
    The piano should let the harp do its part. it sounds too loud and jarring when they both try to do the same part. (piano is just very loud) The rest of the piano/harp parts are perfect though.

Robo Astly:
    The sax sounds a bit loud in some of the parts, almost like its trying to be two instruments. Not sure how to handle that, but maybe a small look see?

EDIT:
    I tried out quintet black omen out, and it sounds great, though the bass is too low.
    I fixed this issue by adding a secondary bass player, and it worked out rather well :D:D

one thing about spekkios quintet that i dont like very much is the lack of instrument to make the right sound for the xylophone. though this isnt something that can be fixed, so its not much of a complaint, but more of being unsure if theres a better instrument other than the floran bone xylophone

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  6. Kayn_Steel

Kayn_Steel Void-Bound Voyager

You forgot one good song on SoM
    Marginal Beast

Beatrice likes this.
  7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I often have the problem with the piano that its generally louder than other instruments (that goes also for other songs, not only mine). It's a thing I can't resolve at the moment :(

Hm, I was rather content with Robo Astley, but if you want, I can separate for you!

Well, I like the xylophone, because it tries to emulate the original song... have you tried a dulcimer or steel drums instead?

I had to google this song, because I never heard of it for SoM... could it be, that this song is from Legend of Mana?

8. Milly Rainbowskittlez

I might try the drums o: i cant remember if i have. But in either case, its not that i dont like that part in the song or anything. That song would be noffing without the xylophone. Its just a little upsetting that starbound doesnt have a real xylophone sounding.. well xylophone <: D
    also the piano is only loud in one part, couldnt you just cut it out of that one part? The harp is doing the exact same riff, so it should be fine without the piano doing that part with it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I'm going to try that in the future :)

10. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Version 1.4: New music

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Version 1.5: New music

Read the rest of this update entry...

Corraidhín likes this.
  12. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Oh my~ Time to get back into starbound.. so gotta have my musics! I'll take a listen to the last updates and give some feedbacks if i get the chance

Beatrice likes this.