1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Beam Down To Planet Bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Izzabelle, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beam Down To Planet bugged on me. Sent me to a new location (same planet), underground, very far from my camp.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Need details. Does this now happen every time you beam to that planet? Please post a copy of your starbound.log and relevant screenshots, if any.

3. NO. YOU CAN GET OUT.

It happens everytime. So I stopped playing that character

gameboytj, Cubeydoom and Dunto like this.
  4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

NO U!

You can look in your log for the coords for that planet and rename that world file to see if that fixes this behavior.

Cubeydoom and Izzabelle like this.
  5. I don't really care to fix the problem so much as I just wanted to leave a foot note about it here

6. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Closing cuz OP doesn't want a solution. :p
    Alrighty then. Hopefully someone else can confirm this issue, if not, then likely nothing will be done as unreproducible problems are nearly impossible to fix without plenty of info (at least from the original occurrence).

7. Sdrowmodnar

Sdrowmodnar Void-Bound Voyager

I've encountered the same problem. It happened to me when I build my base under my spawn point. I ended up somewhere deep underground and a few distance away from my base. If you need any logs or anything, just let me know where to find those.

8. Dunto

Dunto Guest

You can find the starbound.log in your Starbound folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound on Windows x64). Please post it between spoiler tags for readability.

9. Foxe

Foxe Big Damn Hero

I also have this issue, except, less profound, it's like the beam down point just simply shuffled. (Still above ground.) It seemed to happen when I blocked off the view of the sky to my beam down point and added some background walls nearby. (The background where the beam down point was not obstructed)

And to clarify, Yes, it seems to have permanently made this new location my new beam down point.
    And log as per requested, (character name redacted)

And as it contains computer file locations in the text, the boards are having a fit thinking I'm sneaking an url into my post. Uploading file as a txt because it also won't let me upload any log files. Jeeze this is harder than it needs to be. :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  10. Sdrowmodnar

Sdrowmodnar Void-Bound Voyager

alright here's my log file

Info: Client version 'Beta v. Rampaging Koala - Update 1' Protocol: 657
    Info: Running from : K:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Created initial window 1000x600
    Info: Renderer initialized
    Info: Renderer destroyed
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Re-created window 1920x1178
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done loading Star::Root.
    Info: Creating default Star::Configuration
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:idle.5 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:idle.5'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:idle.5 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:idle.5'
    Info: Acquiring universe lock file
    Info: UniverseServer: Loading world db for world 47986740:-88540233:-9594501:6
    Info: UniverseServer: client connection made from local
    Info: UniverseServer: Sending Handshake Challenge
    Info: UniverseClient: Sending Handshake Repsonse
    Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Aurora' <1> (Fifo <0x1b311398>) connected
    Info: UniverseServer: Loading ship world received from client <User: Aurora>
    Warn: Recovering SimpleDatabase at device: <unnamed temp file>
    Warn: Recovery finished
    Info: UniverseServer: Loading world db for world 47986740:-88540233:-9594501:4:3
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:idle.5 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:idle.5'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:idle.5?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?addmask=/humanoid/portraitMask.png;0;0?addmask=/humanoid/portraitBackgroundMask.png;0;0 asset, attempting to use default.
    (ImageException) (43, 0) out of range in Image::get
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:idle.5 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:idle.5'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:idle.5?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?addmask=/humanoid/portraitMask.png;0;0?addmask=/humanoid/portraitBackgroundMask.png;0;0 asset, attempting to use default.
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:rotation asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:rotation'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:rotation asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:rotation'
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:47986740:-88540233:-9594501:6 due to inactivity
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:47986740:-88540233:-9594501:4:3 due to inactivity
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:sit.1 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:sit.1'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:sit.1 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:sit.1'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:idle.5?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?addmask=/humanoid/portraitMask.png;0;0 asset, attempting to use default.
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:idle.5?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?replace;ffca8a=838383;e0975c=555555;a85636=383838;6f2919=151515?addmask=/humanoid/portraitMask.png;0;0 asset, attempting to use default.
    Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world ClientShipWorld:fb81fea82f0defa99a21086bc8204f33 due to inactivity
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:duck.1 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/bsleeve.png:duck.1'
    Error: Could not load /items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:duck.1 asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/armors/novakid/novakidjacket/fsleeve.png:duck.1'
    Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Aurora' <1> (Fifo <0x1b311398>) disconnected
    Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    Info: Acquiring universe lock file
    Info: UniverseServer: client connection made from local
    Info: UniverseServer: Sending Handshake Challenge
    Info: UniverseClient: Sending Handshake Repsonse
    Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Saia' <1> (Fifo <0x1da04b90>) connected
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:47986740:-88540233:-9594501:6 due to inactivity
    Error: Could not load /objects/generic/torch/default asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/generic/torch/default'
    Error: Could not load /objects/generic/torch/default:default.off asset, attempting to use default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/generic/torch/default' while resolving image frame '/objects/generic/torch/default:default.off'
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world ClientShipWorld:48474a5e56b699657a58253eeecace9b due to inactivity
    Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Saia' <1> (Fifo <0x1da04b90>) disconnected
    Info: Application quitting!
    Info: Client shutdown gracefully
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root

11. enphoius

enphoius Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I'm experiencing the same issue as stated above. I was building up a farm at my spawn and made a sorta roof to cover it, incase of meteor or debri showers. My spawn was moved over probably a minute away. It's very annoying, if I could change my spawn it wouldn't be an issue, but this still should be fixed. Also I attempted to remove the blocks that were blocking my original spawn but it had no effect.

Also if you expect log file uploads you should probably add the ability to select a .log file.

Attached Files:

gameboytj and Foxe like this.
  12. Foxe

Foxe Big Damn Hero

Apparently it seems if you use
    Code:
    [spoiler=log] [/spoiler]
    to put it in, it won't complain about attempting to put a link in there? That's what the guy above you did. I didn't know about that addition to the bbcode or I would've done that instead.

13. seitensei

seitensei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've experience similar, but I wasn't sure that it was a bug.

Whenever I've built something that obstructs the spawn point/beam point on the background or foreground, it redirects me to another location on the planet for future beaming.

Dunto likes this.
  14. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I also can confirm this bug, though less extreme. I flattened my beam location area, and it then shuffled it to a different part of the same world. very odd.

Removing the area blocks did not help, the spawn point was permanently changed.

Blake81 and gameboytj like this.
  15. Froggod

Froggod Void-Bound Voyager

ah. didn't see this thread. same here. made a garden at spawn. then got new spawn point. I was worried the whole home planet was corrupted or something :)
    I could post my log file but I just had a bad crash after failing the Erchius Crystal quest so I'm not sure if the relevent info would still be in there. Let me know if you need mine as well.

16. loc978

loc978 Phantasmal Quasar

I had a similar issue on a couple of planets... I would beam down initially with more lag than usual, build a little marker and go exploring. After beaming back up, I would beam down again in a different spot... thereafter it had moved my spawn point on the planet to the second spot. In one instance, I'm pretty sure my initial spawn point was directly over a dungeon spawn. Figured that might be the cause.

...wish I had one of those log files, but I didn't think to save 'em at the time.

(edit for any possible future reference: Unstable branch, Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe 20141218 - Update 1, Protocol 662)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  17. Froggod

Froggod Void-Bound Voyager

This just happened again. On a different planet. now my beam down point is underground. I didn't build anything this time but it seems to happen when I "beam home" from ship. then beam back then beam down to current planet. Going to experiment. going to a planet I have never been to. going to beam down then home then back and down again. see if it changes :)

Code:
    [spoiler]
    Start logging at: 2014-12-22 08:29:16.525
    [08:29:16.525] Info: Star::Root using bootstrap file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\sbboot.config'
    [08:29:16.525] Info: Star::Root using storage directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage_unstable'
    [08:29:16.525] Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    [08:29:16.526] Info: Loading Configuration with config file: 'starbound.config'
    [08:29:16.526] Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '.\../storage_unstable\starbound.config'
    [08:29:16.530] Info: Pre-loading Star::Root with 2 assets sources
    [08:29:16.530] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../assets/packed.pak'
    [08:29:16.555] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../assets/user'
    [08:29:16.836] Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    [08:29:16.836] Info: Client version 'Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe - Update 1' Protocol: 662
    [08:29:16.836] Info: Initialized SDL
    [08:29:16.849] Info: Initialized SDL Video
    [08:29:16.857] Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    [08:29:16.858] Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    [08:29:16.928] Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    [08:29:16.931] Info: Finishing loading Star::Root...
    [08:29:16.933] Info: Initializing SDL Window
    [08:29:16.996] Info: Created initial window 1000x600
    [08:29:17.013] Info: Renderer initialized
    [08:29:17.275] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [08:29:17.275] Info: Initializing SDL Window
    [08:29:17.309] Info: Re-created window 1600x878
    [08:29:17.333] Info: Renderer initialized
    [08:29:17.362] Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '.\../storage_unstable\starbound.config'
    [08:29:28.508] Info: Done loading Star::Root.
    [08:29:28.519] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [08:29:30.872] Info: Creating default Star::Configuration
    [08:29:30.893] Info: Renderer initialized
    [08:29:35.776] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [08:29:35.870] Info: Acquiring universe lock file
    [08:29:35.893] Info: UniverseServer: Loading world db for world -447668105:980650385:-128035874:4:1
    [08:29:36.348] Info: UniverseServer: client connection made from local
    [08:29:36.391] Info: UniverseServer: Sending Handshake Challenge
    [08:29:36.396] Info: UniverseClient: Sending Handshake Response
    [08:29:36.426] Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Yury Fettman' <1> (Fifo <0x17ba0a98>) connected
    [08:29:36.428] Info: UniverseServer: Loading ship world received from client <User: Yury Fettman>
    [08:29:36.431] Warn: Recovering SimpleDatabase at device: <unnamed temp file>
    [08:29:36.446] Warn: Recovery finished
    [08:29:36.512] Info: Creating default Star::Configuration
    [08:29:36.560] Info: Renderer initialized
    [08:29:38.255] Info: UniverseServer: Loading world db for world -447668113:980650389:75803966:9:2
    [08:29:46.418] Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:-447668105:980650385:-128035874:4:1 due to inactivity
    [08:29:48.907] Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:-447668113:980650389:75803966:9:2 due to inactivity
    [08:29:50.580] Info: UniverseServer: Loading world db for world -447668105:980650385:-128035874:4:1
    [08:29:50.935] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:30:00.940] Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world ClientShipWorld:2b482f9eed6f26718c184b21f029a1d6 due to inactivity
    [08:32:16.778] Error: Could not load icon.png asset, using default.
    (AssetException) Path 'icon.png' must be absolute
    [08:34:05.298] Error: Could not load icon.png asset, using default.
    (AssetException) Path 'icon.png' must be absolute
    [08:42:15.547] Error: Could not load /objects/generic/torch/default asset, using default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/generic/torch/default'
    [08:42:15.547] Error: Could not load /objects/generic/torch/default:default.off asset, using default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/generic/torch/default' while resolving image frame '/objects/generic/torch/default:default.off'
    [08:44:41.209] Info: UniverseServer: Loading ship world received from client <User: Yury Fettman>
    [08:44:41.216] Warn: Recovering SimpleDatabase at device: <unnamed temp file>
    [08:44:41.231] Warn: Recovery finished
    [08:44:42.421] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:44:50.791] Info: UniverseServer: Loading world db for world -447668113:980650389:75803966:9:2
    [08:44:51.388] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:44:52.512] Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:-447668105:980650385:-128035874:4:1 due to inactivity
    [08:45:01.366] Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world ClientShipWorld:2b482f9eed6f26718c184b21f029a1d6 due to inactivity
    [08:48:01.428] Info: UniverseServer: Loading ship world received from client <User: Yury Fettman>
    [08:48:01.435] Warn: Recovering SimpleDatabase at device: <unnamed temp file>
    [08:48:01.450] Warn: Recovery finished
    [08:48:02.628] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:48:07.055] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:48:17.025] Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world ClientShipWorld:2b482f9eed6f26718c184b21f029a1d6 due to inactivity
    [08:49:10.179] Info: UniverseServer: Loading ship world received from client <User: Yury Fettman>
    [08:49:10.185] Warn: Recovering SimpleDatabase at device: <unnamed temp file>
    [08:49:10.201] Warn: Recovery finished
    [08:49:11.439] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:49:14.771] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [08:49:14.771] Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [08:49:14.782] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [08:49:15.353] Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Yury Fettman' <1> (Fifo <0x17ba0a98>) disconnected
    [08:49:15.381] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    [08:49:15.382] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    [08:49:17.495] Info: Renderer initialized
    [08:49:19.250] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [08:49:19.250] Info: Application quitting!
    [08:49:19.250] Info: Client shutdown gracefully
    [08:49:19.523] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Code:
    [/spoiler]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419256813][/DOUBLEPOST]nope that didn't do it BUT. as soon as I put a dirt block on the beam down site. It changed! You cannot build at beam down spot without the beam down spot changing. Is this by design so that people can't make traps in multi-player to hurt people at the beam down location?????[DOUBLEPOST=1419256925][/DOUBLEPOST]You can build on both sides of beam down. just not right on that spot it seems. I must have built something before or maybe planted a tree there? lol

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  18. agentsnazz

agentsnazz Aquatic Astronaut

Same problem here. My spawn point was on some slightly uneven dirt. I laid some stone down to make a level platform (not actually changing the dirt or background) and my spawn point moved a good distance east.

At the new location, I tried digging up around the spawn point, and I spawn in the air where the ground used to be, then fall.

I tried filling in the area with stone, then wood, and I spawn inside the material, starting to suffocate.

Seems like my new spawn point is fixed at those coordinates, no matter what i do to affect the landscape.

gameboytj likes this.
  19. loc978

loc978 Phantasmal Quasar

Just had it again, this time it moved me underground, as I see reported by others.

Once I figured out where I was, I dug a little hole and took a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

here's the log it put out: http://pastebin.com/UPyNBN8G

also, I went and hunted down my previous spawn point on the planet:
    [​IMG]

...and then turned the underground spawn into something useful:
    [​IMG]

*edit*
    FYI, same planet from this incident:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...asional-unpredictable-crash-to-desktop.87575/
    ...after instituting the proposed fix. Still seem to have an asset problem, despite the newly downloaded packed.pak file (I see the torch asset failing to load on the first try in the log)... but it hasn't caused another crash.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Foxe likes this.
  20. loc978

loc978 Phantasmal Quasar

Okay. happened again. Two planets in a row now. I immediately quit so I could upload the log this time: http://pastebin.com/ekjAQzdV

...also because I had just finished offloading loot and was ready to continue exploring, when suddenly I no longer start in the house I built there. Frustrating.

gameboytj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.