[BBTS] Bronies Beyond the Stars V4.0

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan BBTS, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Shiriaru Kita

Shiriaru Kita Cosmic Narwhal

WHAT IS DIS?!

2. Spike

Spike Supernova

Michael Aker Like Storm.png

Shiriaru Kita and Argthrond like this.
  3. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Hi everyone :). How are we all?

Just making sure to jump back for a moment as I was reminded of something as I was reminiscing about past days. As most of you are aware, we spent some time taking in donations for our group a few years ago. These ended up racking into the 3 digits!

These donations were never put to use due to indecisiveness, so I'd like to ask for your opinions on what they should finally be used on! I'll be happy to refund any donations with interest added in! I reckon around 1.1%p.a. sounds about right, if you would like that option :)

I know
    in particular was quite generous!

It's so nice seeing you all again :)

Shiriaru Kita likes this.
  4. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

It belongs to me, gimmie gimmie!

Zailiner and Shiriaru Kita like this.
  5. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Tempting prosposition :seriously:

Shiriaru Kita likes this.
  6. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I'm especially curious why I received an alert for this one; since I kind of never was really part of the clan here. coffeekitteh .png

Argthrond likes this.
  7. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I think I was a part of it for a while, and I got an alert as well
    Also, hello @Zailiner !! :D

Zailiner and Britefire like this.
  8. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

One issue we've had in the past while the main administration has been absent in reality is server hosting (a very reason the donations were being collected if I recall.) Iggy and I have pretty much been moving back and forth when it comes to hosting things, but I was hosting things locally, and that eventually stopped once my router and modem decided it was time to call it quits on port forwarding.

Right now, we aren't all focused on the same game, so it's hard to say for sure if we want a dedicated server for anything right now. I don't even think this would be a possibility with our numbers left right now (at least on Discord). So, to that extent, I'm not sure if that's worth it anymore.

1. Interest should be measured in any use of the original, even if it isn't for the original game.
    2. If not, maybe see into investing into group activities in some form. What kind? I'm not sure. Look, I'm just in the Guard, not the planning committee. This was never my forte.
    3. An alternative would be a charity donation.

Zailiner and Britefire like this.
  9. Shiriaru Kita

I love you

10. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

You're right, we've really neglected our duties in that regard, and I'm really sorry. It was also irressponsible of us to exploit everyone's good will and take donations before even determining what to do with them. We were dumb teenagers.

If people are interested, I could put some sum of the money towards purchasing group packs of video games and distributing them.

I'm also happy to put it/the remainders towards a charity donation if we can agree on an organisation.

Hi @Argthrond !!

Pinkie Pie and Argthrond like this.
  11. ProsaurusRex

ProsaurusRex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think we were especially wrong in taking donations, although we might have been a bit hasty since the game wasn't close to full release at the time. In the end it was handled quite responsibly, considering. The problem was that by the time we had planned to have a dedicated server, most people had lost interest in the game.

If no one who donated money wants it back, I think they should at least have the most say as to what it goes to. I like the idea of buying game packs or giving the money to charity.

12. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry this response is late, but I was caught up in many things. And Zail, don't go hitting yourself on me.

As per the rules of the definition of a "donation" and what we said we would use this for, using donated money for personal gain is highly questionable (at least in the USA.)

The following is a part of a documentation from "nonprofitquarterly" on how an NPO should close borders (again, in the USA). In this case, it deals with legit, full-time NPOs, but it's advice all the same as this:

The critical task of the disposition of assets must meet the standards of the Internal Revenue Service Code and any applicable state laws. In general, a nonprofit’s assets may not be distributed to a board of directors, staff, or other organizational insiders. Most states require that an organization’s assets be distributed to other charitable organizations or governmental bodies. These laws ensure that assets amassed for charitable or other nonprofit activities continue to be used for similar purposes.

The asset distribution component should delineate how all organizational assets will be distributed to other organizations or parties, including programs, cash, investments, equipment, supplies, and facilities... ...In the event that the preferred plan for the distribution of assets doesn’t work out, it’s also prudent to develop an alternate plan. [IE alternative like the giveaway.]

Again, this is the USA.

13. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

I mean, i dumped money in it because I believed in us. (I was actuially tempted to go do that milestone to go have lunch with yu. That woulda been sweet! But I also knew it'd never happen)

Really though, I dunno what to tell you re: the donations.

14. MoshiMoshi

MoshiMoshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1 to everything here.
    If anything I'm the most guilty. I made the darn group and yet was the most absent. I'll need to check with Zai as to how much we've accumulated but it would be nice if we found something to do with it.

15. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

I like donations, that sounds fun.

16. Shiriaru Kita

17. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Well I ahven't been here in a while, Hello to all of you.
    I know I donated some stuff, but I really don't care about the money.

18. Princess Cadence

Princess Cadence Pangalactic Porcupine

Get a load of this dweeb.

19. Princess Cadence

Princess Cadence Pangalactic Porcupine

happy roaring 20's

20. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

How dare you :mad:

Britefire likes this.