1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Basic Wiring Tutorial Updated for v1.0.X

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Eonwulf, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you would like to see any wiring contraptions explained or need an example, then feel free to let me know and I can make a video on it.

MindExplorer and TheFloranChef like this.
  2. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

What are the odds of me posting a topic similar to this one within a minute of your posting this? Holy cow.

Edit: Looks like I'll need to cover the delay gate, the countdown timer, and elevators. Nice video, btw!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't seen you in forever lol. Yeah I'm gonna cover the rail system in a separate video. The elevators that were at the wiring station in the nightly appear to be missing for me.

4. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

I have been on extended hiatus!

I kind of burned myself out on Starbound after 350+ hours, so I resolved to return when the game had more content for me to chew on.

Happy to see you're still around. Subbed to your channel, apparently I was not subbed already.

I will have to look into this rail system, it sounds cool.

5. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AFAIK they are deprecated and are fully replaced with the Rail Platform System. They only occur in one or two mission-instances.

6. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

Really? That's interesting. Well, this being Starbound, I should probably cover it anyway, since people will be spawning these in via the console until they're fully removed from the game.