RELEASED Basic Sprinkler Improved 2.1.0

Makes the basic Sprinkler more useful by changing its spray shape but not area.

1. littleraskol

littleraskol Subatomic Cosmonaut

littleraskol submitted a new mod:

Basic Sprinkler Improved - Makes the basic Sprinkler more useful by changing its spray shape but not area.

INTRODUCTION

Basic Sprinkler Improved changes the way the basic sprinkler works without making it cover any more area than it does in the base game. I always found the most annoying thing about it to be the shape, which was just useless. But while there are a number of fine mods out there that change the way the sprinkler works, they all make it cover more total area, which seemed a bit overpowered to me. So I made this for my personal use.

It's hoped that in addition to making the basic sprinkler more useful, the different patterns one can make with them will give them a niche so they can still be useful even when you get improved sprinklers.

Using it you can create irrigation rows like this:

[​IMG]

It's also good for those annoying beanpoles and similar planters:

[​IMG]

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
      ntz likes this.
    • littleraskol

There's an issue I just added to the description: The way the mod detects rainfall at this time makes it so that some tiles may be "unwatered" if you use a rain totem. Working on fixing it.

• littleraskol

• Majestik_Moose

Majestik_Moose Void-Bound Voyager

Could I request to add the same functions to the quality sprinkler and iridium sprinkler? It'd be really cool being able to have 3 different setups for the sprinklers to cover different sized and shaped areas.

• littleraskol

That's something that's been at the back of my mind as a thing to do, but it's a really much more difficult problem than what I have now. Just defining a 2-D space using the config file is rather complicated unless you're doing basic squares. Honestly, that's something a number of other very good mods do already so it'd probably be easier for me to figure out compatibility with them (i.e., to override their changes with the basic sprinkler with mine, so they only affect the more advanced ones).

• Majestik_Moose

Majestik_Moose Void-Bound Voyager

Kinda thought that might be the case but I have no idea how programming works so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks anyway :up:

• Zanfib

Zanfib Orbital Explorer

Ok, So it's been a while since I played Stardew Valley and I am not sure which folder to extract the zip into.

• ChiChain

ChiChain Star Wrangler

Ok so I got this installed but no idea where in the config and such to put the numbers so it works, any screenshots on where in the config to change it so it works?

• littleraskol

It's an oversight I'll want to fix at some point, but the config file doesn't come with the install package. However, the game will generate the file the first time it loads the mod. If you don't want to wait for that, create a text file with the following in it:

Code:
                  {
                    "patternType": "horizontal",
                    "northArea": 0,
                    "southArea": 0,
                    "eastArea": 0,
                    "westArea": 0
                  }

Then change the values as you desire and save it in the same folder as the mod .dll and manifest file, giving it this file name: "config.json"

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

How can you open a config.json file. I have not found a way to do it.

• ChiChain

ChiChain Star Wrangler

I was able to open it with notepad ++ and it was already set to this, thank you

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
                      • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Okay thank you for letting me know

• littleraskol

Yep, .json files are really just text files and can be opened by anything that opens text files.

• littleraskol

littleraskol updated Basic Sprinkler Improved with a new update entry:

Bug fix: sprinkler interference.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• littleraskol

• Shenz

Shenz Aquatic Astronaut

• littleraskol

Hello all,

I'm thinking about updating this but because I have been away for a while I may need some time to figure out how.

• littleraskol

• littleraskol

It's come to my attention that despite posting a resource update with a new install package (I seriously don't even know how to find the old one), it's not available for download and only the old version is. In case I never find out how to fix this, the mod is on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/833

• littleraskol