Basement System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tojo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

So when i Hollow's suggestion on farm/town events and you'd be locked in your house so i was wondering if there should be a way to bypass some of the events via the basement, like in a real tornado or thunderstorm. I was thinking the basement was something you'd have to invest a lot of time and money into but has great benefits, but if you choose not to get the basement it wouldn't effect anything.

The basement can act as a central hub, putting your crafting materials and other stuff, possible even animals down there in the event of crisis. You can also link it to the houses of NPCs for an additional cost so that you are able to interact with them during a crisis or event. And lastly would be the possibility to link it to a near by cave for an even greater cost. Of course the only time you are not able to use your basement is during a flood since your basement would be flooded, they may also be a mini event where you have to clear out your basement in case of monster attack if you choose to link it to near by caves. So what do you guys think completely terrible idea or one worth exploring?

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I like the idea, lets just not make it the hub for EVERYthing.
      [​IMG]

• Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

True, the only thing you cant do is farm, but what if instead its the central hub for exploration. There is a map in the center of the room and you can use that to fast travel to places after you've linked them to your base. It should streamline planning raids on caves and such. It would also act as your storage room with all of your equipment.

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

You should still be able to get out during storms and stuff but everything you do should drain your stamina or even your health when you're outside.

Basements should be there for another reason.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Would love to have a basement..to put a mini winery down there as an expansion of your house ;)

• Floofykins

Floofykins Space Hobo

mmm magic mushroom farming

• CJoker3221

I don't think Magic will be implemented inside SV, but Alchemy..maybe?

• Floofykins

Floofykins Space Hobo

*sniffle* you dont know what a magic mushroom is!?

• CJoker3221

:confused: Not sure...
                    But yeah, onto topic, would like to see an expandable Basement, but of course, you'll have to some quests and befriend the Carpenter in order to expand it :)

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

I think CA is trying to make a kid-friendly game here.

CJoker3221 likes this.
                      • Nodnarbtocs

Nodnarbtocs Orbital Explorer

Not a big fan of dark scary basements but it could work. Sure.

On a side note; if you want the magic mushroom go back to space, there are none for you here.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I think my entire house will end up being a central hub.