Barn animal pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

After having fully upgraded my barn I had thought maybe I would finally find the answer to how we're supposed to get our barn animals pregnant, but unfortunately not.

inb4 bestiality comments.
    TIL how to spell bestiality doesn't have an 'a' in it. Thanks auto-correct.

Thanks in advance.

vekomov likes this.
    • kattenjansson

kattenjansson Cosmic Narwhal

argue about butchering not being in the game for 15 days. this will turn the cows mad with lust

oh and

[​IMG]

• Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Yes, yes, I think it's working! (but yeah if you figure it out please share :up: )

• Stardewfan

Stardewfan Poptop Tamer

Your animals get pregnant after a while you have to wait at least a season or so and make sure there is room for them in the barn and that they are comfortable furnace if its winter and pet them ever so often. Its a lot of trouble i would just go buy another cow

• Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

As in, there's just a random chance that my animals will get pregnant so long as they're happy and there's room in the barn?

• Stardewfan

Stardewfan Poptop Tamer

Yes it happened to me unexpectedly is had four cows in my deluxe barn I was planning to buy four animals each but one of my cows gave birth during the night screwed up my plans ended selling the newborn after it was full grown to make room for my goats and pigs

• cpevors

cpevors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pregnancy is a random event. Apart from having two of the same species of animal and a space for the offspring in your barn, there is nothing else you need to do but wait and hope.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
                • Maiden's Tear

Maiden's Tear Pangalactic Porcupine

2 of the animal, space in the barn and such seem to be the only requirements. Happiness might increase the chance but I haven't done any animal breeding (only hatched some eggs which require a single duck or chicken for the eggs). I noticed the rabbits don't have the option to allow pregnancy, is it not possible to have them multiply like well rabbits! I can totally see myself just getting a second rabbit and with auto feeding and not really doing much with them suddenly finding my coop completely full of rabbits :p

• Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exactly this, the animals in the barn has a chance to get pregant if you have room and they are happy. My goats have had quite a few children.. Now cow babies yet though. With the upraded coop you get a incubator, just put a egg inside it, and in a few days a chicken will hatch :) You don't need two of one animal to get children btw, I just had 1 goat, now I have 4.

• Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

Can anyone confirm that you need 2 of the animal you intend to breed? I have heard yes and no on this point.

Raiga likes this.
                      • kattenjansson

kattenjansson Cosmic Narwhal

i had two cows and they randomly had a baby cow. so my vote goes to 2 cows. I had 1 cow on its own for a whole season and it didnt multiply lol

• AstrellaLunari

AstrellaLunari Void-Bound Voyager

You can disable pregnancy after you've right clicked an animal the second time that day (the first time to pet it,) There's a little icon that you click- just make sure the species you don't want to breed has a red x over the "enable pregnancy" icon. You can't see this icon until they're adults, though.

kattenjansson likes this.
                          • Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

You don't need 2, I only hade one goat and now I have 4.

Raiga likes this.