WIP Barfy's Fancy Farmhouses (and other addons) UPDATE: Links are back up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by barfyscorpion, Apr 8, 2016.

1. dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love your work, I was wondering if you could do a witchy theme?

• KittehKatBar

KittehKatBar Void-Bound Voyager

Someone has made a witchy theme already, including furniture and house interior.

• dollbae

Hmm true, what about a mermaid or sea theme?

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm very slow when it comes to working on pixel art, I find it quite difficult, so I probably won't be doing any suggestions and just be releasing things I make for personal use. I'm sorry!

• dollbae

It's okay <3 You're work is amazing. I may try my hand at it. Could you tell me what programs you use?

• Thecheesepolice

Thecheesepolice Orbital Explorer

Hello,

I cant seem to get your furniture mod to work. Do I open it and save it into StardewValley/Content/Tileheets? When I do, my game doesnt open and the smapi gets red error text. Not sure how to fix it.

• barfyscorpion

Yes, that is where it's supposed to go. Replace Furniture.xnb with my Furniture.xnb-- can't have two at once. If you've done that correctly... I have no idea what the problem might be! The .xnb is working for me and I haven't received any other error reports. Maybe a conflicting mod, somehow? I'm at a loss, I'm sorry.

I only use Photoshop CS6. Specifically, the Pencil tool (not the brush tool) and the Eraser tool (set to Pencil 1px). I stick to a small palette and then adjust my colours with layer modes after I have finished drawing them.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

You know what? I really like how cute this house looks but I am about to start a more... "serious looking" game... and I was wondering if you could do a black or dark brown version rather than the bright blue and yellow? That would be so amazing.

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

The creator stated above "I'm very slow when it comes to working on pixel art, I find it quite difficult, so I probably won't be doing any suggestions and just be releasing things I make for personal use. I'm sorry!" there is alternative.

There is http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/420/? witchy looking one with matching furniture clothing and ridable broom. There is a fairy looking one here isnt updated but still very cute. http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/494/?tab=4&&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/ajax/comments/?mod_id=494&page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=4660970&pUp=1 A medevil looking set here which is really nice they have trees lamps pathways fences that all match http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/419/?

• tiffy961

Thanks but I already saw these. Have clicked through the whole forum more than once to find something that matches what I want but couldn't.

• Ribbonain

Welp I don't know what else too say to you, could go pay someone, or request here on the forum see if someone is whiling its just allot work ^^.

• tiffy961

I'm thinking I might try myself but I've never done any modding so.. yeah. xD

• Ribbonain

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
                            barfyscorpion likes this.
                          • barfyscorpion

Since that's a simple recolor job I'm sure you could ask the Mods forum to recolor it as a request if you really need it. It wouldn't be an awful lot of work to do, unlike making an entire new set with a new theme.

• tiffy961

So. On my day off yesterday I finally got the hang of the command prompt to mod myself... only recolours because I'm not very good with pixel art... I wanted to ask you if it's okay to release the mods once they are finished (crediting you of course) because they are based on your buildings? if not I'll just have them as personal use.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^Someone really needs to revise that outdated XNB modding tutorial. Here ya go.

tiffy961 likes this.
                                • tiffy961

Hah! Oh god. Thank you.

• barfyscorpion

You can do whatever you like with any of my textures/assets. Feel free to release them.

• pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same problem. :( I removed all mods and launched the game only with this furniture mod and my game doesn't open with it. Sad.

• barfyscorpion

That's... Really odd. It's literally just a .PNG file packed into an XNB. I'll try uhh... Repacking it?? When I have a spare moment. Quick question, have you made sure your game is fully updated?