RELEASED Bara bachelors mod (FINISHED)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by shane train 22, Jun 15, 2016.

?

Who do you want to see newxt

Poll closed Aug 25, 2016.
  1. Alex

27.3%
  2. Elliott

21.2%
  3. Harvey

12.1%
  4. Sebastian

15.2%
  5. Shane

24.2%
  1. shane train 22

shane train 22 Title Not Found

Finished all of Shane's sprites and portraits. I would recommend not adding his files to your game unless you're playing the beta or plan on waiting for the update's official release and there may be a few sprites missing such as one where he's lying down which I can't seem to find anywhere or new sprites which were added for the other bachelors. Other than that this mod is pretty much finished. I might return at some point if I want to update or redo the sprites or if a new marriage candidate is added but for now I'm done with this mod. Thanks for your support :) .

Manic33 likes this.
    • Amnesias

Amnesias Void-Bound Voyager

Lol. Elliot looks like Chris Hemsworth. :'D Love it so much!

shane train 22 likes this.
      • Gonta

Gonta Void-Bound Voyager

Link isn´t working anymore , i wanted that bara Sam so bad ;-;

• shane train 22

The link should be fixed now. I think I accidentally moved the files somewhere else or something.

Gonta likes this.
          • jirachiking

jirachiking Void-Bound Voyager

Have you considered doing gender swapped female>male for all the marriage candidate girls; changing them into bara guys?

• shane train 22

I was originally thinking of doing something like that but I had too hard of a time coming up with ideas for characters like Haley and Maru. That being said I have had the idea to make edits of some of the non bachelor NPC characters (Flint, Gus, Willy etc) which might be compatible with one of those mods which lets you marry them so that might be coming at some point. Currently though I'm working on remaking this mod because I wasn't fully happy with some portraits and sprites so that should be done at some point over the next few months for anyone who's interested.

• shane train 22

Hey guys the updated portraits for this mod have now been released if you want to re download the files. I'm probably going to a break for a while and then update some of the sprites then after that maybe work on something else related to this mod.

Thanks for downloading :)

• shane train 22

Minor update to this. Seems like the images I included were broken or something so the threadhas been edited with new images.

• jirachiking

jirachiking Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sure you'll think of something, your bara guys are works of art!!! Maru could have dreads and Haley could have long curly hair pulled back into a man bun, maybe? Whatever you decide to do will be great :D

• Cananga

Cananga Void-Bound Voyager

How can I download these?

• shane train 22

Soory about that I accidentally deleted the link when I updated the image files. It should be good to go now.

• shane train 22

I finally managed to get around to updating the sprites for this mod. The original sprites I made were honestly really low quality and I kinda rushed them because I didn't really know what I was doing but I'm far happier with these new sprites. I don't really know what more want to do with this mod but I am somewhat interested in stuff like gender swaps and seasonal variants so if that sounds interesting let me know. Thanks for keeping up with this mod's progress and being patient with my progress.

• bushtail123

bushtail123 Aquatic Astronaut

It says it doesnt have a manifest in the SMAPI and skips the file, i dont know if i installed it wrong or downloaded it wrong but could you make a guide on how to download it because i did it the same way i do with other mods.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
                            • Misharu

Misharu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huge fan of this mod. I love your Harvey and Shane, my two main husbands in Stardew. Never playing without this mod again! Makes them both so incredibly handsome.

• shane train 22

I personally don't use SMAPI and really don't know how to make a mod compatible with it (if anyone does know what needs to be done for that and would like the mod to be compatible let me know) so I just install mods manually by dragging the xnb files into the stardew valley content file with portraits going in the portrait folder, sprites in the character folder and cursors in the loose sprites folder so you may have to do that to make the mod work. I just checked the files and they seem to be working fine on my end so if these problems persist after re downloading or adding the files manually let me know and I'll try and have another look.

• shane train 22

Just another quick update. It seems as though when I unpacked the cursor.xnb file some images where distorted (eg. the light coming from the window in the player's house). I think I've fixed this issue but there could still be a few aspects of the cursor file that were corrupted so if you come across any weird graphical issues when using this mod let me know. Because of this you should probably re download the new cursor file and replace it if you were already using that part of the mod.

• Kyulkyung

Kyulkyung Space Hobo

Thanks for keeping this actively updated.

• LittleBlackBear

LittleBlackBear Space Hobo

It works and its fantastish

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
                                      • Halvaard

Halvaard Void-Bound Voyager

Collecting tools to make this mod into smapi compatible content packs.

Easier than I thought for the majority of the edits.

The "loosesprite" file is going to take a little actual work, since both Shane and Seb show up there.
                                        I'd like it if I could make them load in separately, so you have the option of Bara Shane, Bara Seb, or both.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
                                        • Halvaard

Halvaard Void-Bound Voyager

Extract to Mods Folder with Smapi and ContentPatcher.
                                          Delete any folders for characters you don't want to Bara-ize.
                                          Does not alter your XNB files, should be update proof, if not should be a quick fix.

https://mega.nz/#!h4AgBQ7a!UTUdUk5iL0AW6v896Z9e2unnp_6xl3_BZ1TyDQWTal0

Elliott and Sam are set to be beardless in Spring and Summer and grow them out in Fall and Winter.
                                          This can be altered if you prefer, by editing the "content.json" in their respective folders.
                                          Simply delete the "When" line from your preferred style, and delete the unwanted style completely.

{
                                          "Format": "1.3",
                                          "Changes":[ // replace an entire file

{ // No Beard Portrait
                                          "Action": "Load",
                                          "Target": "Portraits/Sam",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/Sam_portrait.png",
                                          "When": { "Season": "spring, summer" }
                                          }, // No Beard Portrait End

{ // No Beard Sprite
                                          "Target": "Characters/Sam",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/Sam_sprites.png",
                                          "When": { "Season": "spring, summer" }
                                          }, // No Beard Sprite End

{ // Bearded Portrait
                                          "Target": "Portraits/Sam",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/Sam_portrait_beard.png",
                                          "When": { "Season": "fall, winter" }
                                          }, // Bearded Portrait End

{ // Bearded Sprite
                                          "Target": "Characters/Sam",
                                          "FromFile": "assets/Sam_sprites_beard.png",
                                          "When": { "Season": "fall, winter" }
                                          } // Bearded Sprite End

]
                                          }​

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018