1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Banks!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by thefnlvctr, Dec 20, 2015.

1. thefnlvctr

thefnlvctr Space Hobo

As far as I know, there is no bank type system. I would really like a bank in the survivor outpost. because I die a LOT sometimes, and I really want to be able to store my current pixels. I understand that would somewhat take away the point of losing pixels on death, but maybe you could have to pay some pixels to input the rest. I don't know, something to think about.

2. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Big Damn Hero

There IS a pixel storage system. You craft the Pixel Compressor, which prints voxels of varying amounts, (1k to 10k I think), then you can store those as items. To make the voxels back into currency, you use a Refinery (another crafting station), and place them in. Refining, however, is lossy, and you will lose 40% of the value of the voxel.

40% may seem like a lot, but once you get to end game, pixels will be raining from the skies. (In just one day of exploration on a high-tier planet, you can easily make 100k pixels).

Of course, you may choose to "bank" in other items... like growing crops (for sale). Just store them until you need the cash, if you are buying big-ticket items.

3. thefnlvctr

thefnlvctr Space Hobo

Thank you SO Much. I was getting annoyed trying to save pixels.

KatherineOfSky likes this.