1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bah, humbug! (anti-Christmas mod)

Discussion in 'Other' started by ejh1990, Dec 23, 2013.

1. ejh1990

ejh1990 Phantasmal Quasar

If you are not running Angry Koala, this will not work.

I don't really want to release this as a "full-on" mod. It's more of a light-hearted quick-fix for the grumps who may grumble about the Christmas tat invading the Starbound universe. And hey, I must be a grumpy grump too for me to throw this together, so I can call other grumblers grumps. :p

This mod effectively removes all (well, at least most) holiday themed stuffs from play (new character required). Out of sight, out of mind right?

Download's attached to this thread. And VirusTotal scan is here:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...2bd52e17d8e3a4f93397ef16/analysis/1387805281/

It affects these files:

player.config
    monsters/unique/giftmonster/giftmonster.monstertype
    monsters/unique/giftmonster/giftmonster.png
    monsters/unique/giftmonster/giftmonstersmall.monstertype
    monsters/unique/giftmonster/giftmonstersmall.png
    treasure/giftmonsterboxtreasure.treasurepools
    treasure/holidayspirittreasure.treasurepools

Simply extract this into the mods folder. It may or may not be compatible with other mods. Using the "__merge" : ["delete"] functionality wasn't really practical as the Christmas stuff wasn't it's own object. The giftmonster is also a bit of a hack job too, but oh well.

Side note: another reason this hasn't been posted in the resource database is that it wouldn't surprise me if the Christmas stuff is disabled in the new year anyway, so I am not really going to be maintaining this all that much.

Hope you have fun deleting Christmas, you grumbly Grinch you. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Harvenheit

Harvenheit Void-Bound Voyager

*hust* sorry ^^'

[​IMG]

ejh1990 likes this.