WIP Backwoods Expanded + Inn + NPC updated

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Mayaka, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Mayaka

Mayaka Void-Bound Voyager

This thread can be deleted.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

That's great! I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, I'm glad someone was finally able to do it! If you need help with sprites or characters, or really anything at all, I would love to help out

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Major issue, to prevent NPC pathing from going haywire, ConcernedApe has made it so NPC's dont know BackWoods or Farm exist as valid pathable maps.
        Any NPC put into the inn thus wouldnt be able to visit any other area of town, because *they wont know how to get there*

Lovely idea, but the location you attached it was pretty much the worst place to choose >_<

• thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

This is such a great idea!! The inn looks really good, and I looooove that you've made a Shiro npc for us all to fawn over! <3 Hope to see this mod go far in the future!

• RudolfQian

RudolfQian Void-Bound Voyager

It is great!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes, as long as there is a way to reach your map that doesnt go through BackWoods or the Farm, then NPC's will be able to find it, you are using ALL to load the map I see, so you wont have to worry about manually resetting the pathing map (ALL does that for you) either.

• HopeWasHere

The way I was getting around this was making so the Inn was next to the bus stop. That way getting to town, and the rest of the map, was easy. Here's a map of where I was thinking:

Untitled 2.png

That way the road behind the bus doesn't just end and it shows where the bus comes from when it drives back to town.

Having a large area for the inn is great, but it makes it that much longer for the NPCs to get where they're going, having to walk through the inn, then through the backwoods, then through the mountains and down into town. I think if you make a smaller area for the inn to sit on and put most of the area in the actual inn itself that would be better. Or make the extra stuff a separate map you can only access by going through the inn, like a back door that takes you to a patio and pool or something.

If you're interested I have a bunch of assets made, including a map file, if you want to collaborate

• RudolfQian

RudolfQian Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for seeing my question. This mod is the best I've ever seen.

• HopeWasHere

Yeah, Discord would be a great place to talk. I'm not great at figuring it out, though, so if you want to send me a PM on there that would be really helpful. I'm HopeWasHere on there as well

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
                    • Ahrnie

Ahrnie Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I've edited your maps a little bit in Tiled, but I can't get the paths to work. I've exchanged the trees and bushes to trees and bushes from the "paths" tile sheet. I've double checked the layer and all is where they're supposed to be (in the path-layer), but when I load the map in the game I don't get any trees and bushes! :(

• Ahrnie

Hi! Thanks for the reply! It still does not work with a new game :(
                        but I saw the EFW code somewhere on this thread (or was it on another?)... I'll try that!
                        :D

• thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

The EFW code is world_bushreset just in case its hard to find lol. Took me forever to hunt it down when I was working on a new map.

Ahrnie likes this.
                          • Ahrnie

Thanks!! :D