1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Backup Problems

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by bug924411, Jul 22, 2016.

1. bug924411

bug924411 Void-Bound Voyager

I knew that there was going to be a character wipe with 1.0, so I made sure to backup my player and universe files (even though technically backing up the universe files didn't matter as much to me.) What I am having a major problem with is player files. My characters, including one with a custom ship I spent 3 months building, won't appear when I put the player backups in giraffe or normal storage. I really hope they aren't doomed to never see the light of day again, and that there's some way I can put them back into the game. Can anyone assist me?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

There is no chance to bring them back to life. The mechanics and the structure of the stored data for the player and universe changed too much. You will have to start again like everyone else.

~ Iris ~

3. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Allow me to quote myself from the GC forums

"Open your player files in Starcheat and export to json files. Then wait for the new Starcheat to come out for this version, create a bunch of throwaway characters in 1.0, one throwaway per old character, and export those characters to Json, too.

Copy over stuff like race, directives, inventory and more to the 1.0 files, using said 1.0 files as a template for the new 1.0 format

Once conversion is complete, reimport all json files."

I'm considering making a guide to explain this better.
    As for universe files, though, I sadly don't know what to say.

Iris Blanche likes this.