1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Background grass/flowerbed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dander.1981, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I for one really like the green contour natural background dirt have. So I figured I'll try to make my own to liven up my asphalt road.

Problem is; there seems to be no way to do it as player!

I figured out that if I tilled and watered the dirt (as you must when planting grass) and the removed the foreground block. You'd reveal that the background dirt block is now tilled as well. And thus conclusion lead to that if I planted grass/flowerbed on the tilled foreground dirt and then removed it. The background block would be grassy/flowery. NOPE! Turns out that background dirt block is just tilled.

20160801154632_1.jpg

Is there a legit way to do this (without using /admin)? Or is this an dev oversight and thus this thread needs to be transformed into a suggestion thread?

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

maybe an oversight. That would be a nice suggestion though. Didn't ever think of that... Then again I have not had a chance to work with the grass seeds of either kind.

3. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can buy these seeds cheaply from that Ark Outpost farm shop .. Called Terramart I think.

Game do not tell you however that they require tilled and watered soil in order to be planted.

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Yeah I know, I just have not gotten around to messing with them, since most my building has been so far indoors. Currently using an abandoned Hylotl Mansion, and remodeling it into a mostly floran colony; although have plans to have more than floran. So have yet to work with the outside of this place... Thing I didn't know what the tilling part, and thank you for that fore warning tid bit of info. :nuruhappy: