Chat (BACK FROM THE DEAD)Pet Peeves w/ ur host Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetaFace, May 8, 2017.

?

Do you find that you are easily annoyed?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

38.1%
  3. Wut! No! Of course not! *sharpening javelin*

19.0%
  1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I guess this means I'm hosting pet peeves again... time to necro the hell out of this.

I hate teachers who do nothing but give you busy work, especially English teachers who make you define narrative vocabulary as if I don't know what "plot, metaphor, simile, character, and etc" means. Totally don't know what all the words are, totally didn't know them since the fourth grade... makes me want to smash some ceramic vases...

Surenu likes this.
  2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Bread. Why does it have to go moldy so quickly?

MetaFace likes this.
  3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

A pet peeve of mine is how you can order balance (So Translate gives me) for your personal public transportation pass, but you'd still have to go to a physical machine to get it put onto your pass.

MetaFace likes this.
  4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

An extreme pet peeve of mine is when the person writing my schedule keeps putting me down OUTSIDE of my available time, I keep getting scheduled way too early and I can't make it to work.

Edit:
    I realize now that I really hate it the whole "breakfast for dinner" thing, I mean someplace like IHOP is easily an exception because everything you order comes with pancakes. Going to McDonald's for breakfast at 8 pm? That's just annoying, it wastes everyone's time and we can't spend five minutes every time someone wants an egg (because McDonald's doesn't understand that an egg shouldn't take five minutes to cook).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2017
    Surenu likes this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Moths. I open my window in the evening for five seconds (it's too hot during the day to air my place) and thirty-six billion of those winged menaces invade my place like it's D-Day all over again. The autonomous republic of Surenustan will no longer tolerate such gross violations of our national borders!

Blatant anachronisms in TV. The 13th Warrior is a good example of that (still like the movie tho) - 17th century plate armor in an 11th century movie? Read a goddamn book before you make a movie, damnit. (Pure fantasy settings such as Lord of the Rings get a pass here)

The public's general lack of common sense.

Mouse pads. I break these all the time and I don't even know how.

MetaFace and BigEaredKittens like this.
  6. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

*mouse pad catches on fire*
    The lack of research is a problem, such as the false belief that greatswords are too heavy for "normal" people to wield. You've seen me, I'm pretty small and skinny, not a lot of muscle, yet I've held a greatsword before and know for a fact that they weigh like maybe around 10 pounds (definitely less than this, but fairly close), it's quite easy to handle.

I hate how most dubstep artists basically became Skrillex and no longer make "good" music, just a bunch of noise and random clips of people screaming something nonsensical. I miss the old dubsteps and metalsteps.

Surenu likes this.
  7. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Shitty people. It's almost as if they're incapable of comprehending right and wrong, it boggles my mind.

MetaFace likes this.
  8. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Welcome to the club, people are awful these days, more concerned with their phones, their cars, and their money than other people. They'd rather pay someone to feed them, rather than make their own food.

I'm not concerned with all this crap, if I had the money I'd like to fund a get together, it seems a shame for us all to limited to a forum right?

9. BigEaredKittens

Surely folk could adapt to the reality of posters rather than the imagined, yes?

MetaFace likes this.
  10. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

You'd think people could work along side reality, instead of killing other people by texting and driving. I swear one day I'll vanish and there will be no way you'd be able to tell what happened (I died by dumbass in imaginary land with a car).

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  11. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

You know what really grinds my gears? Poor or confusing architecture. Y'know, when people think that the exterior of their building should look like the physical embodiment of a headache. Here's an example of a building that's supposed to look like crumpled paper. Granted, it does, but it kinda does my head in.

(Several edits later and I can't remove that failed image icon, just ignore it)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    MetaFace, BigEaredKittens and Surenu like this.
  12. The Cynical Space Traveler

The Cynical Space Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

After being back in school for three weeks, I've remembered how much I despise people who disrupt class for the sake of disrupting class. There's also the (very much minor) hatred for those who are turning a blind eye to the progression of technology. I've gotten into a few arguments with someone who is still stuck in the past.

MetaFace and Omicron445 like this.
  13. BigEaredKittens

It'd be an interest event if it were two people talking to eachother with phone on internet and one runs the other over on the street because enither pay attention.

MetaFace likes this.
  14. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

That has to be the ugliest building I've ever seen. Destroy it... NOW!
    I've been complaining about annoying people forever now, they'll never grow up, just a warning.
    I'd be the one getting run over.

I hate it when my job gets a new manager in charge of the store and they can't do anything and nothing ends up getting done, so we have to bring in our old manager to fix everything and get things ready every week or two. Then to add more to it, this new manager thinks she is the "shit" and starts threatening all the other employees, now everyone's angry and they all want to quit.

15. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I'm literally going to complain about uni students again. They're so loud and annoying.

Surenu and MetaFace like this.
  16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

at the same time I shall keep moaning on about public transport and my school's administration, because the ride never ends.

Pangaea and MetaFace like this.
  17. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So the past few weeks about 10-15 employees quit at work, no one likes our current GM and they all want to leave... I literally have the store on their knees because I'm the last like 5 grill people and I've stopped working weekends so they have no one and keep begging me to work for them.

18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Bolded for emphasis.

[​IMG]

What's a "GM"?

Surenu and MetaFace like this.
  19. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Pan you're being silly :)

Did I mention I'm slightly aggravated because I don't have a singing voice? It'd be a good time to have one...

20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Game Master, the person who runs a pen&paper RPG.

MetaFace likes this.