RELEASED Babies Take After Their Parents! Recolors + New Toddler Hair and Clothes (Updated 11/20/18)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by lilipea, Mar 19, 2016.

1. niftychick

niftychick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SHANE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *ahem* Thanks for the great mod! <3

Reddestiny921 and lilipea like this.
    • Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, I was wondering if Clint and Willy babies were possible? :D

• lilipea

lilipea Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, they're possible! I'll try to get them done by the end of the week. :)

Berret likes this.
        • VE-Amber

VE-Amber Void-Bound Voyager

I assume this is 1.1 compatible? :)

• lilipea

Yup! Kids weren't changed in 1.1 so it should work just as it did before the update.

• Porcelain-Rose

Porcelain-Rose Orbital Explorer

Hi, I'm sorry. This mod is so fantastic. Do you think you'd be willing to do ginger babies for Sebastian? I think it'd be really cute. Sorry again. But really this is so great.

• lilipea

Sure! I can do babies with Sebastian's dark clothes and use Robin's hair color, is that what you'd like?

• Satadoros

Satadoros Void-Bound Voyager

that is a gread idea

maybe i make a verson for my Leah version.

• Porcelain-Rose

Porcelain-Rose Orbital Explorer

Yes! OMG. He can't hide his ginger-ness in his kids~ I'm sorry that would be so great

• lilipea

Heeello, not sure if anyone is still keeping up with this mod but I've been working on some new stuff for the past few days! I was never super satisfied with how the female toddler's hair looked especially so I ended up making totally new hair for her (an edit of a Mother 3 sprite) which is much fluffier and, imo, more fitting for a toddler.

I'm also working on a dress (...also an edit of a Mother 3 sprite) for her! Here's a little preview of the new hair/dress:

[​IMG]

The hair is 100% finished and the dress is very close to finished and coming along nicely so far~ Fingers crossed that the game will be fine with the extra pixels around her, I'll need to test it a little bit to be sure.

Once I'm done with her dress I'll probably do edits to the boy as well, not sure yet.

dollbae, lannihamm, XxhexerxX and 3 others like this.
                      • Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Clint and Willy babies are adorable!

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yesss! I'm still using this and I was still patiently waiting for the Overalls... but dresses are even cuter

• Fhionafaye

Fhionafaye Aquatic Astronaut

Lilipea these are awesome!

I love all of these but since I started playing a new save I still have yet to decide who I'll be marrying. I was wondering if there is a simple program for just editing the image file without having to get into heavy modding. I want to make one with green hair. Or see if someone else could make a green haired replacement for me. That way it doesn't matter who I marry they just take after the character I'm playing. I always play with green - teal hair. I'm alright at editing/pixel art but don't have much time to learn how to work with .xnb files at the moment. I really like the outfits you've done Lilipea on Sebastian, Abigail, and Shane I just want one of those outfits sets with medium to dark green Hair.

The new hair and dress look so cute!

Attached Files:

• lilipea

I finished the dress!! Testing it was a nightmare but I managed to fix all the issues I ran into and it's 100% ready to be used. I'll start doing recolors of it once I'm finished with the boy's new stuff.

Speaking of the boy, here's an example of what I've done so far, new hair and clothes:
                              [​IMG]
                              I haven't made much progress with his edits yet so some of this might be changed a little.

@Berret Glad you like them!

@tiffy961 Yay~ sorry about the overalls, I hope you like the new clothes I'm making at least!

@Fhionafaye Thank you :) Unfortunately there's no way to simply just edit the image files, they need to be packed into .xnbs to work. I could do the recolors for you, or I could give you the raw .png files for you to recolor yourself and then pack them up into working .xnb files for you when you're finished recoloring. Your choice!

Berret and Royalyspooky like this.
                              • Royalyspooky

Royalyspooky Phantasmal Quasar

I can't wait until these new clothes are available they are very charming

• Fhionafaye

I don't mind waiting until after you've made the new hair/clothing and original recolors. I hate to take you away from what you are working on. The new hair and clothing for the boys look equally adorable to the girls. In the meantime, I can try to figure out how to unpack and repack .xnb files.

Royalyspooky likes this.
                                  • Royalyspooky

this should help it's what I'm using for the mod I'm making http://community.playstarbound.com/...g-discussion-redux.109131/page-9#post-2877977 there is an easy pack and unpacking xnb files you just need an art program that works with the sprite sheet and makes invisible backgrounds which are found pn the first page of that post

• Fhionafaye

@Royalyspooky Thank you so much! I was trying a few things including XNBNode but I was having bad luck with it crashing or other errors. This is exactly what I needed!

Royalyspooky likes this.
                                      • Royalyspooky

No prob have fun and don't forget to back up files

Fhionafaye likes this.
                                        • lilipea

Finaaaaaaaaaaally :D

Everything is done, please check the main post for new downloads! New outfit for both genders, both also have two different hairs (old hair and new hair) to choose from. The clothes aren't perfect but I did what I could to maintain their blobby little toddler bodies, their feet just look a little wonky during walking animations. I basically packed these .rar files on autopilot so please let me know if I messed something up or if you notice a stray pixel or something.

Old onesies are gone because I'm far too lazy to maintain that many options, but I'll provide a download for all the old versions for anyone still wants to use them.

I hope you guys like everything~

sabrinatw and Royalyspooky like this.