Modding Discussion Avian tail feathers

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by KitsonFoxfire, Dec 12, 2013.

1. KitsonFoxfire

KitsonFoxfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if you can call this a mod but I'm working on a "mod" where avians have tail feathers. They are birds after all. Its mostly out of preference and its visual only. More than likely only the person using the "mod" will see the change and it affects all avians.
    Its currently a work in progress, but I thought I'd get a preview out to see if anyone else would be interested in using it too.

Suggestions and comments to improve it would be helpful and this is my first attempt at "Modding"
    I hope to have this done soon.

[​IMG]
    Finished editing the male sprites If you wish to use it open the starbound folder
    C:> Program files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Starbound>assets>humaniod>avian
    recommended to back up files found in this folder, but just rename my file to malebody.png and replace the malebody.png file with my file
    Oh yea if you feel like improving it be my guest just post back here with your improvements so I or others can use them
    Update: 12/12/13 7:52pm
    I am so sorry everyone I noticed a break in animation and found I missed one pose in the walk animation but should be fixed now

Update: 12/13/13 12:31pm
    Female avians done! Added alittle diffrence between male and female
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. Spacerogue

Spacerogue Void-Bound Voyager

Like what you've done so far ! and yeah they do miss a tail hehe. Keep going I'm sure me and other people will use it on their Avians C:

3. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

seems simple enough unless you're gonna make multiple styles to pick from on character creation. good luck!

4. Ironangel2k2

Ironangel2k2 Big Damn Hero

What about peacock or rooster or turkey-esque feathers, hmm?

5. KitsonFoxfire

would be nice but I don't really know how to program that if its possible and I seem to be good at editing pixel art only. Creating my own has continued to escape me....

Would be interesting to do but the method I'm doing affects all avians not just your character. Guess I should have stated that before. Though if you want all avians to have peacock feathers I guess that could be done too.

Thanks got the male done so soon hopefully the female

6. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

oh well. I'll still download it for the flavor

7. Ironangel2k2

Ironangel2k2 Big Damn Hero

Ohhh, ok. SO what you mean is they will all have the same feathers, its not random. Alright then.

8. Spacerogue

Spacerogue Void-Bound Voyager

currently using, thanks mate =D

9. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

If you're good at pixelart, You should do a new race. I can help you with the files as I have a race template that I made for 1 or 2 extra races:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. KitsonFoxfire

Unfortunately all I can do is edit it really, not sure I'm really good at that ether. Starting from scratch continues to be an issue with me

11. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Grab a current species, like human or avian and add to it, maybe make an animal-human mix. Like werewolfs, vampires, cathumans and such.
    For example for the cathuman, you grab a human adjust some colors, add some ears, maybe whiskers and tail.

12. Tallyn

Tallyn Void-Bound Voyager

Heck yes, avian creatures with tails! :D