1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Avian Females

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by 1John5vs7, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Quenton

Quenton Phantasmal Quasar

If there was such a thing as intelligent bird beings then we'd be far more inclined to get it politically correct.

Until such a situation arises, then old human instinct still applies. It just feels better the more it looks like us.

2. futrtrubl

futrtrubl Cosmic Narwhal

If you want some sort of semi-logical (can't say scientific since this is untestable right now) explanation then.... I would say it stands to reason for a race to become sentient there has to by the transfer of knowledge and skills between generations. For that to happen there needs to be parental care. If your giving parental care then you might as well transfer nutrients between generations, eg yolk in eggs, or feeding after birth/hatching. Even in oviparous species with parental care there is usually feeding. If you are feeding them it's best to give them concentrated goodness, eg milk or some other easily deliverable substance that also might as well provide hydration. You'll want to keep that infant in sight (in front of the body in humanoid species) and close, so on the chest. Now let the child be able to feed themselves letting the parent do other things and you logically end up with some sort of breast like system ;']
    There are of course holes and exceptions like with amphibians the young usually live in water for the first stage of their life so wouldn't require hydration so pellet like nutrient delivery might be better. Then again there are "hundreds of species with no tadpole stage at all".
    So yeah, this might help you suspend your disbelief a bit easier.

3. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Existential Complex

Starbound is actually based off of real Aliens. Avians have breasts IRL, look it up.

4. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Artistic license is arbitrary. Their game, their rules, their logic.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  5. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

you guys are putting to much thought into this i mean it's just a game ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A GAME if they want birds to have boobs it's up to them same goes for the other races IT'S JUST A GAME

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That was quite an eye-catching thread title, if I may say so.

7. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

Well if your this concerned about Avians, Hylotlians, and Florans, females with boobs, then you should be equally or even more so concerned that there are even 2 different sexes for Florans. Their lore states that they don't make male or female, but style they require a means of reproducing...likely in the form of Asexual (my thinking is they pick, drop, or even spit a seed into the ground, or however Alien Plants are supposed to be grown, ad some water, fertilizer, and other stuff like dead carcuses and eventually a young sapling is born out of a plant like struck, similar to their respawn animation I would assume.) Then again this is a GAME and so REAL science is not necessary imo :cool:

8. tarot

tarot Void-Bound Voyager

imagine breastfeeding a baby with a hawk beak...ow

9. Kraiten

Kraiten Guest

Wait, we're allowed to post tits here? I've been waiting a long time to show off these boobies.

[​IMG]

On topic: These threads never end well. The OP is trying to debate the biology of something which only exists in a fantasy world. Furthermore, the Avians are aliens with no relation to the birds of our planet.

10. Chickens have breasts and I should know, I buy at least a four pack of those babies every week.:proper:

Coramnis and Voyager like this.
  11. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Bun Dum Ta

12. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

don't let your silly human mind trick you :D
    avians do look like birds, but they are actually mammals who evolved to the point of growing feathers :V

13. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Florans butt rub.... Since then I really don't try to scientifically explain to much anything in starbound which being fiction means it is not bound to the laws of actual science, sure they explain alot but at the end of the day the game may be made by great visionary individuals, but they are not really experts in the fields of matter and evolution , I am in no way saying I am either.

14. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oh I didn't know that part of the lore. Or are you kidding?

Either way I'm going back and deleting my initial post so people stop posting here. I don't want to have a mod nuke me, I'd rather nuke myself. :)

15. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

haha, it's not part of the lore, but i'm also not kidding :rofl:
    I just thought of a more lgical alternative than the "races idealized by humans should have human characteristcs" ;)
    let's call it a "maybe"

16. Corsair

Corsair Orbital Explorer

The thing is, we are playing a game and people feel much more comfortable socializing and playing as humanoid creatures. This article has this on a smaller scale, sexual dimorphism in WoW. Where the less human races actually have more human female counterparts because we expect to see that and identify them as female and attractive/cute easier. It allows us to empathize and feel for them so much more than something less human. Biologically no, it doesn't make a lot of sense. But from a design standpoint it's much better.

17. T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

Politically Correct, or PC, is nothing more than a truncheon used by certain people to bash others with intelligent arguments into silence. We do not need that in this game, screw being PC.

Also anyone ever see the movie Paul? You know that one drawing of an alien woman and like 4 characters looked at it and commented '3 tits...cool' lol. Yes it's random but that's what reading this forum brought to mind for me.

18. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

another breast thread...
    nope, i'm not going to ruin another milestone by talking about that :lod:

19. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

Samus was girl!

What you trying to say OP? Space woman can't go on space adventures?

I vote for equal space rights, if they want to have space tits then it's their space choice.

20. dylstew

dylstew Phantasmal Quasar

...it's an anthro, a human like bird. Also, like 1 guy in the thread said, it's hard to see the difference between a guy and a girl with small sprites without indications like that. Still, it's an anthro(or what some would call ''furry'')