1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avian Cruiser 2016-04-06

An alternate, tiered ship design for someone who doesn't want a flying pizza slice.

1. flogenos

flogenos Void-Bound Voyager

flogenos submitted a new mod:

Avian Cruiser - An alternate, tiered ship design for someone who doesn't want a flying pizza slice.

Read more about this mod...

2. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

BUT I LOVE FLYING PIZZA SLICES!!!!! i kid i kid it looks awsome man, good work

3. flogenos

Thanks!

4. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

This should be the default avian ship, no questions asked.

5. Davidsawr

Davidsawr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does this only replace the avian ship or the ship for any character cuz it looks awesome but i dont wanna be an avian

6. flogenos

Well, it IS possible to use it on a different character, but it'd require a little work on your part! Basically, after unzipping the mod to your mods folder, rename every instance of the word "avian" with the word of your choice. For example, if you're a floran, you'd rename the "avian" folder to "floran", you'd rename aviant5lit.png to florant5lit.png, and so on. You may also have to open up the text files and check if those have the word avian in them. I'm not sure! Just make sure you match proper capitalization. If it doesn't work, let me know and I might be able to get it up and running for you! Thos is all as long as you know it'll still look identical to this ship. It will still be avian themed even though it's *technically* a floran ship in the resources, and this is because instead of different vectors that control what it looks like, it's the PNG files, and the game doesn't automatically generate the ship based on race. BASICALLY what I'm saying is just poke around a bit, and see what happens if you change things. Just make sure to backup your player folder!

7. Davidsawr

Davidsawr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Alrighty, thanks! I had to do something similar when trying to use custom races and mods that add hair styles and colors so ill prob figure it out at some point.

8. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Good job on the ship design. When 1.0 drops I'm picking this mod up for sure.

9. linuxgarou

linuxgarou Big Damn Hero

A search & replace isn't too bad, I have no problem editing text files. Would it require graphical modifications to use this ship layout, with Apex materials & graphics, as the default Novakid ship?

10. Alex_Hupsch

Alex_Hupsch Void-Bound Voyager

The biggest problem I have with this ship is that its tier 8 is much smaller than the default. Other than that, I think it looks really cool. Way better than the pyramid "pizza slice".

11. Dewritos

Dewritos Aquatic Astronaut

So i want to download this mod but my avian ship is already tier 8.Is there anyway i can replace the ship?

12. Dewritos

Dewritos Aquatic Astronaut

Can i do anything to fix this?

Attached Files:

13. Kamakazie Pidgeon

Kamakazie Pidgeon Big Damn Hero

Doesn't work with crew members, every time I upgrade the ship it immediately thinks I have enough crew members for the next upgrade. It won't let me recruit more than 2 members.

EDIT: Found a fix:
    Locate the starbound folder and go into storage/player and create a backup of your .player file, open cmd. Type "cd <path to starbound player folder>" then copy the name of the player file eg: 866d3b90eb51a517ae8bdbb3dae62ab0.player (Yours is different to mine) and type this in the command prompt "..\..\win32\dump_versioned_json <player file name.player> <player file name.json>". This should make a json file, open it in notepad++. Search for "crew" keep searching until you find ""crewSize" : <number>," and change the number to whatever it should be for your ship size: Default Ship: 2 Crew, Sparrow-Class Ship: 4 Crew, Kestrel-Class Ship: 6 Crew, Falcon-Class Ship: 8 Crew, Eagle-Class Ship: 10 Crew, Condor-Class Ship: 12 Crew. Click save and close Notepad++ go back into the command prompt and type "..\..\win32\make_versioned_json.exe <player file name.json> <player file name.player>. Launch up starbound and you will be able to recruit the correct number of crew.
    Note: This is only a temporary fix, you will still be able to upgrade the ship regardless of the number of crew members and you'll have to redo this each time you upgrade your ship to get the extra 2 crew slots.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  14. Marazell

Marazell Intergalactic Tourist

Hm... I wonderful mod, I really love the ship design. I've always had a liking to sleek, yet somehow beefy ship designs, exactly like this one... There are two things that bum me out, however. One: It really took me a while to find this mod, which is totally not your fault.

Two (My biggest concern): I had a Tier 4 ship, and it said I could upgrade it because I had the max crew capacity for it. So I upgraded it to Tier 5. Two seconds later, It said I could upgrade it to Tier 6... So I did, thinking it was a bug on my side. Got it to Tier 6, went out to recruit more Avians (I have a strict, "If you're not Avian, get out" rule. Call me racist.), and when I found an engineer that I needed... It said I was at max crew capacity. With only two crew members. Hmm...

No, I do not have Frackin Universe, if that matters.

15. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

FU hasn't messed with the crew members, so I don't think it'd pose a problem.

16. Zach_Attack

Zach_Attack Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it possible for me to use this ship for a race I'm making? I would give you credit for the creation and letting my use the ship.

17. Ochap

Ochap Space Hobo

Great looking mod! I'm just wondering if you could port it to the steam workshop if you can. Thanks!!!