Modding Help "avatar" : "nude" Parameter

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BitHorizon, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

I'm currently working on a new respawn animation, but I've come across a problem with changing this parameter in the respawn animation. I'd like for the player to respawn with their equipment on. Simply deleting the
    Code:
    : "nude"
    part of it just causes a crash. Can anyone help me?

2. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

Try to put off quotes.

3. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

Taking off the quotes didn't help. The quotes define that it is a parameter.

4. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

Then paste here the errors that you can see on starbound.log

5. Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

Chances are that the parameter requires one of two+ strings, and nude is one of the two+. I've been running into a similar problem trying to get monsters to "ally" without the use of a capture pod. You could try to guess what the other might be (assuming that it's not some sort of placeholder and there is, indeed, another possibility) or find someone who's gone code-diving and maybe turned up some parameters.

We've got some really knowledgeable users here. Hopefully one of them will write a Lua tutorial soon! (HINT HINT)

6. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

I actually found what it needs. It needs a status effect (Strangely enough). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find another parameter that doesn't make the player invisible during the animation, and I can't find the nude status effect in order to make a new one and modify it. This is what I have for now, though:
    [​IMG]

The | Suit likes this.
  7. Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, it's still progress! Gratzi on figuring out the status effect thing. Hopefully someone with more info will come along (they tend to)

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Can't garuntee it works but have you tried
    Code:
    : " ",
    Leaving it blank will usually force it to switch to the default value set by developers

9. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

I have tried with nothing in between the quotes, but I will try with a space there tomorrow! Thanks for the help.