1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Speaking of additions to the mod, I'm working on adding a storage locker similar to the ones used by the other races, since the avali don't currently have their own and that makes me sad. The object itself works great but I'd like to polish the image a little more - right now it's mostly just a placeholder.

Here's how it looks right now, though:

[​IMG]

Yanazake and Mackinz like this.
  2. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

You know what they should have? The hoverbike. Human hoverbike, seriously? They originally live in desert places, so having ways to travel quickly and without using too many resources might be important to them.

If i can find the hoverbike and more info on what goes where on it, i can redesign it to fit the avali and still be usable by other races, while looking unique. [hopefully :rofl:]

edit: Well, i found the hoverbike. It's HIDEOUS. Making something avali-style that looks ok wouldn't be an issue... I just hope i have time for this.
    If anyone can send me a zoomed in screenshot or two of the bike being used by someone [and an avali for comparison] so i can know the position the character stays on it visually, that'd be gold.

EDIT2: aaaaaand the game updated again.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  3. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

actually a mod has just being added that unlocks the hoverbike
    you might want to check it out to see where the sprites are located
    i feel bad not contributing, i'll see what i can do :cry:
    maybe avali modules-in-a-box?
    like that mod but just avali buildings etc?

4. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Just because it unlocks the hoverbike, doesn't mean everyone wants that hoverbike or another mod cluttering things up. I'm giving this as a suggestion and offering the spritework.

5. gatosardina

no, i meant...
    you said "if i could find the hoverbike"
    so if you can't find it maybe you can where the mod is pointing at to unlock it?

6. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, heres my thoughts on Avali mechs;

Should be small, highly maneuverable, and use a mix of piercing and debilitating attacks.
    They should be best used in pack tactics, and have a mix of extreme range and close combat weapons. (Reflecting the notes on Avali space vessels and combat tactics)

http://avali.wikia.com/wiki/Codices
    On the rare occasion a heavily-armed land-based weapons platform is required on the battlefield, the Avali utilize mechanized walkers. These "mechs" use their superior agility and maneuverability to hug the environment for cover, rapidly cross rough terrain, and find unorthodox paths through urban sprawl by mounting the rooftops or crouching through ruined structures. With improved mobility over conventional tracked vehicles in close environments, the Avali are able to minimize the vulnerabilities of conventional armor while still being able to field heavy weapons in urban combat.

I'd also like to know how I can make my Avali take damage from water? If possible? (Yes, i'm one of those fans xD)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Look, i didn't do anything to my mods besides the update that happened today... I can't see my captain chair, the fuel hatch [and i had a bunch of fuel in there!!] the SAIL and other things. That's troublesome D:

8. Junglebear

Junglebear Void-Bound Voyager

Will this work for the most recent version of starbound?

9. gatosardina

it does for me and i'm using unstable, so yes

Junglebear likes this.
  10. Junglebear

Junglebear Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you!

11. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

I made the storage locker for the Avali already. Not sure why you don't have it on your ship...
    In fact its very similar, but yours has more on it.

12. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Uh, guys, for no reason i seem to have lost my Avali's main ship parts, the ones used for interaction and storage, navigation, all that. IT'S EMPTY. And i tried restarting a bunch of times, to the point that i already lost a possible good backup of my ship...
    Can this be saved through an update of the mod, should i place said ship parts in the same locations through some cheat until the ship is updated and HOPEFULLY everything gets back to normal... or is my character doomed?

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Get as many things as you can off of your ship, save, exit the game, delete your shipworld files, then load the character to generate a new ship.

Yanazake likes this.
  14. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

15. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

GLORIOUS, this will help me reorganize the ship, it was a mess. I'll lose a bucketload of seeds and fruits tho. And i'll likely have to go through my other character's ship to get things somewhere safe... I'M HAPPY I BOUGHT THE TELEPORTERS WITH REFINED ORE PIXELS!!!!

16. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

17. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Very. But what I saw is that there's no flying drones or gatling tank for the Avalis yet, so why not salvage/necromance/get that idea rolling?

18. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I am in full support of all of these ideas. This /is/ meant to be a community update, after all, not just the work of one person.

Though I will be moderating, editing, and potentially removing features in response to how people react to them.

19. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

So, drop all the material here, Fevix will filter it all, add, remove and stuff over time. I need to design that hoverbike...

Oh, and also, the game DOES use transparency in some of the png files [not full, partial] so i'll try to use that for the bike energy and glass. Mostly as a test. Variations should be easy to do... I'll just have to leave implementation and usage of the material to you man because i still haven't had the time to check how starbound gears work like i know for Skyrim. Spritework is something else tho.

20. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Well, for a start, Avali don't use Gatling-anything! They use Rail-guns and Rail-cannons, and as for drones...those need to be designed and scripted and what-not.

Maybe we should have a Dev' thread?