1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Actually no, his argument IS factual. He's stating the fact that the Avali Smelter is incapable of producing bars requiring multiple materials which, in fact, is fact. It's like saying that water being wet is an opinion.
    Not only that, but AFAIK the metalwork station has been removed, along with the recipes for it (Had to reinstall windows and haven't yet gotten around to re-unpacking my assets yet, so can't check that) so the AAaA smeltery is indeed lacking function.

I'm working on getting things unpacked as we speak, will have a new AAaA out in a bit with a fixed smelter. Might make different tiers with various colorations to parts of it (Or maybe just 2 versions, a Smelter only version and a more expensive Magnetic Crucible version)[DOUBLEPOST=1437085367][/DOUBLEPOST]
    They, like /all/ villages, do spawn, but very rarely.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Um... no?

You don't have to unpack the assets to remember that the Metalwork Station is the first upgrade to the Anvil in the current progression of Starbound, crafted at the Iron Crafting Table with Steel Bars. Heck, you could have just wiki'd it.
    Yes, but he is also saying that this is a problem with the Avali Smelter and saying it is "no longer functional" which is most definitely not a fact, and that not being able to combine materials into an alloy is a problem (last I checked, Avali still receive the ability to craft vanilla smelters so access is not an issue). This is, in fact, a personal preference issue wherein he demands it be changed from the "old" time-delay system to the "new" no-input system, and I disagree with him on whether this is an essential change.

So stop trying to defend him, please.

3. Coralus

Coralus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the Avali don't seem to play nice with the CLeF mod. Any chance of this getting looked into? I love both mods, and choosing between them is very very difficult.

Edit: By 'doesn't play nice', I mean I can't get off the starter planet because CLeF brings back the inter-planet fuel requirement and the Avali ship won't let me into the fuel hatch. Just so the details are known.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The easy solution to that is to stop using the mod "Choke Le Fish".

5. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

that's a neat ship mod, any chance of getting this to work with the avali? http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/gilzokhas-uen-andromeda-unbeat-giraffe.2561/

6. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Patching any "full replacer" ship mod to work with a custom race is very easy - just change the filenames and folder paths to mirror the ones the default races use.

If you want the "replacer" ship to use custom race blocks (such as the Avali storage locker, AI, etc.), you will need to do a bit more, though:

create a new ".modinfo" file that will sit in the main directory of your mod folder (i.e. "mymod.modinfo"). It should look something like this:
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "My Ship's Name",
      "version" : "Beta v. Spirited Giraffe",
      "path" : ".",
      "dependencies" : ["Avali"],
      "metadata" : {
        "author" : "My Username"
      }
    }

*Note that the "name" and "author" strings are entirely arbitrary - they don't need to be the same as any specific filenames. Additionally, the entire "metadata" section is optional. The "version" string does need to be spelled correctly, though.

After you do that, open up the "blockkey.config" file included with the ship, and look for anything that makes a reference to another race, then change it to the Avali version (which you can find the names of in the default race's ship's "blockkey.config". An example of this may be "floranshiplocker".

[NOTE]: *ONLY* change these when they are different from what the base Avali ship has! For example, pretty much *ALL* ships use "apexshipwall" all over the place - *ONLY* replace these if your custom race has a specific version from them!

Assuming you didn't make any syntax errors, you should be done!

7. Zombielogic101

I see.....I kinda suck at that stuff also i think that mod needs some tweaks to work with this version.

8. Ulithium_Dragon

"Suck" or "never tried to learn"? A lot of people assume modding is easy. It's not, but that doesn't mean that anyone can;t learn how to do it.
    Also, not many mods were broken by the last update, so as long as they are at least for "Upbeat Giraffe" they will *probably* still work...

9. Zombielogic101

just suck at it, I need to try that ship mod to make sure it works or not as it should normally.

10. SilverHowler

SilverHowler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seem to be having a weird issue now, I can't start the main questline as an Avali. Works fine as all vanilla races. :/ Used to work fine as Avali too, then the game updated...

11. Ulithium_Dragon

Update the mod. This fixed it for me (I hadn't been keeping up after the main "giraffe" update and didn't know there was another one).

12. DiamondDragonCZ

DiamondDragonCZ Space Spelunker

Will there be any ship upgrades and will it be compatible with last versions of Starbound?

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Ship Upgrades have been implemented in this Triage version for quite some time.
    Also, this Triage version is designed to keep up to date with the current Stable versions of Starbound.

14. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Well of course, the Avali mod was (And still is!) THE most highly rated and popular mod for Starbound. Fun fact: The Facerig devs actually asked Ryuu about including the Avali before doing this.
    i dunno if inclusion in the poll means he said "yes", or if they will discuss it after it possibly (probably) wins though.

16. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

I didn't realize, I've been using this mod since I got Starbound when it released on Steam (along with the other race mod that I sorta help with) but other than that not much other mods, a few random things like light drones and I may have the mech mod... I don't mod very heavily and don't pay much attention to any mods other than Avali and the other one I sorta help with

I guess I can see how it is popular, Avali are freaking adorable

Cobalt Lightning and Fevix like this.
  17. DiamondDragonCZ

That's great. And are there spaceship classes(Sparrow, Falcon)?

18. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Ship classes 1-8 are finished, so yes those classes are implemented.

19. DiamondDragonCZ

Can somebody show me a picture of last class (tier 8)?
    Thank you

20. Ulithium_Dragon

I'm not sure why you can't just look in the files yourself, but here:
    [​IMG]