1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Just a small note: The only reason there haven't been any recent updates is because the team hasn't really been working on new stuff. This mod isn't dead, there's just nothing new to release.

2. Scorpion567

Scorpion567 Subatomic Cosmonaut

can we give you ideas to add into the game??

3. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah you can give us as many ideas as you can generate. You can even make none overpowered items and objects yourself if you would like. It is a community updated mod after all.

Edit:
    Not sure why I'm doing this, but I'm creating utility lights (flashlights). I guess you could call it a warm-up after a computer switch. Plenty of new programs to learn. I plan on creating several different colored lights and they will have a cheap recipe.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Scorpion567

thnx and i dont know how to code or design weapons but ill look into that

can you add avali themed hover tank or meca because i dont like the human meca or jeep

5. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

wow! no new updates? not even some bug fixes or small tweaks? amazing! i haven't seen a mod or game up to date with it's bugs and errors since... *thinks for a bit* actually, i don't think i have... would this be a good time to consider doing some more cloths? Since we all know that most "human-like" cloths won't fit the Avali (with an exception to particular hats), we only have a limited amount of things we can use... This might be a little far-fetched to ask for. but may i suggest updated sprites to some of the human-like cloths to be able to fit the Avali? or maybe some... more.. cloths? :pwease:

6. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

We had someone creating an Avali themed hoverbike, but I haven't seen any updates in awhile.

Adding new clothing items can be done. Although creating a whole set of new Avali clothing items could be quite the task, due to the fact that (almost) each clothing item would need animations each consisting of 3-12 frames.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  7. Scorpion567

ok ive looked into the making of mods and i think i might be able to make new stuff i got the programs for it and ideas but i am at school now so i cant make them quick if i do finish one ill upload it into a zipfile

on a side note what is the p-x thing i unlocked when i got the certificate

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

What's going on with the smelter?

9. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

So I made an Avali version of the "Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits" mod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...Buuut I need to go get asset permissions from several different people before I can release. I have low hopes of the original creator of the mod even responding (he hasn't be active for a while), and I have no clue who to ask for permission for the Avali ship (since I don't know who made it). When I finish wading through all the legal shenanigans and get consent, I will release it...

EDIT: I found the name of the ship creator in the description of this mod and will send him/her a pm.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  10. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

All Avali assets included in the mod are released under the same license that RyuujinZERO released it under: You can alter and redistribute without needing permission.
    That and the Avali ship was originally made by Ryuujin, not Devani, Devani made the up/downgrades based on the Avali ship.

Edit: To clarify, the above is simply to clarify that you don't need permission to use Avali assets (I'd appreciate if you linked back to this mod, or to the official Avali mod when it returns).
    The same applies to modpacks: You're free to add the Avali Triage mod to any modpack you make.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  11. Ulithium_Dragon

The ship used was the tier 3 version, so it wasn't made by RyuujinZERO, but by Devani. I just wanted to be sure, and I still have to wait on permission from the original author of the Mining Colony (as he specified that you must ask him first). RAM (the guy who made the overhaul to the Mining Colony) has said any of his edits are free to use, though.

Anyways, I already got a PM back from Devani, so it's all good! :]

12. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The old smelting system is perfectly functional, and does not need to be changed to instantaneous crafting just because vanilla smelters have been. While the Molten Core issue is legitimate, this is pretty much a personal preference issue.

13. Ulithium_Dragon

I honestly prefer the old smelting system anyways to be honest. I think if i recall I've been getting around the Molten Core issue by spawning them with the Creative Mode mod for the moment.

14. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Or just change the recipe to require another item. Maybe Dreadwing Scraps and Core Crystals?

15. Dragon_Tom005

May i offer a suggestion? What if maybe some of the human clothing was modified to fit Avali? like say... the reflective vest you get in the Erchius Mining Facility? Cause imagine if an Avali was wandering around and he saw a... piece of clothing (preferably a vest) laying around. he picks it up and curiously trys it on. it might look a bit weird, but i mean it would fit, wouldn't it? :3

16. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

You can't make alloys like Durasteel or the Compounds (Ferozium, Impervium, Violium) using the old smelting system.

That aside, though, I probably will be fiddling with the smelter to see what I can do.

Optimally for the end user, every single piece of clothing would have an Avali equivalent, and that equivalent would automatically get picked up/displayed instead of the normal version. Likewise, if an Avali tosses a piece of clothing to a non-Avali, the non-avali would optimally recieve the normal version rather than the Avali version (Perhaps mess with the player inventory to turn it into an old-fashioned smeltery of sorts? Don't change the number of slots, just make the script 'smelt' items into the proper version as soon as they're picked up?)

17. Dragon_Tom005

Perhaaaps~ :badpokerface:

18. Ulithium_Dragon

Does Starbound even have a way to write a clothing swapper system? I didn't think you could attach scripts to armor in the first place.
    This was the issue I realized I was gonna have when I was trying to make a "demon hunter" race.

While the current armor system (which just plasters armor textures onto the foreground of the body) would work for most of the animation frames, i.e.:

[​IMG]

It would cause issues for the few frames where the wings would need foreground priority. For example, any armor worn for this frame would sit on top of the wing texture:

[​IMG]

I could make a "hack" that includes having the wings equipable in the cape slot (this would work), but it's inelegant and limits cosmetic options...

19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

And in the old versions of the game, you had to craft said items at a different crafting station anyway. Furnaces were good for producing basic bars, while the Metalwork Station was for crafting alloy metals, so what is your point?

This is still a case entirely rooted in personal preference. Your argument isn't factual, just opinion.

20. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

So, has ANYONE found an Avali Village yet? Or are they still bugged into non-existance?
    I found a couple Avali Graves and a few more of those little Avali Outpost caves, but still no village.