1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

@Fevix Has the best solution for everyone, with it people playing on server will not see errors.

2. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Trying to get my Avali back after a couple of months, after having updated to the Spirited Giraffe unstable back in April (with no internet between now and then), and I'm having issues getting it to read properly. I followed the instructions provided by the github readme, but it has issues finding what it needs. Should I download the original Avali mod and then overwrite it with this, or is this capable of running without the outdated material?

3. corrupt20x6

corrupt20x6 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, the ship works great. Kudos! But it seems I've picked up a whole other problem.
    For some reason, steel blocks have vanished from my constructable items.
    I only have 4 mods in place: Avali, Avali Frigate, Peglaci and a racial selection expansion. So...WTF?

4. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I'm sorry, I'm not quite understanding. You have a Koala Avali that you're trying to port to Giraffe?
    AFAIK that's not quite possible, and I'm not entirely sure what readme you're talking about.
    I just remade all of mine from scratch. Took a screenshot of the characters then went into Giraffe and made them in the char creator. Any items I wanted to keep I used a save editor for.[DOUBLEPOST=1435591603][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What do you mean, constructable items?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Yes, most are intended as simple decoration. Also, AAaA adds in some of its own, too.

6. corrupt20x6

I mean that I cannot make them. At all. They are not in any construction tables menu.

7. DionZeromus

No no, I tried to get the Avali to get loaded. ODB2CCM mod acknowledges them in the library, but does not show the icon and when I click on it to try playing as an Avali, crashes my game. The only mods I have for it in use at this time are Avali [The lastest edition you've uploaded], Avali Augments and Assortments, Creative Mode, Gun Assembly, ODB2CCM_Black, and RenTek_Reni's Armory.

8. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

The following is a link to how I see my work being used, very simple share and share alike. If you make something why lock it up? I create to share and have it grow nothing else.
    [​IMG]

9. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

so how do we repair the laser mining tool?

10. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Maybe replace the mining animation with a mining drill. such as... a diamond drill?

11. DionZeromus

Okay, found the problem. When I first copied the files, some of the folders/files failed to copy over, which caused the issue.

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Glad to see you solved it on your own. I was about to head over to the ODB2 discussion to try to see if there was some incompatibility.[DOUBLEPOST=1435770877][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I thought I did this already.
    Edit: It may be that you crafted your laser drill before the update. Try making a brand new one. Starbound likes to save each gun/tool's unique information in the item itself (So any time a weapon is updated in a mod/the base game, you have to make/get it again to get the new stats/functionality, because the old stats/functionality are saved in the weapon. In the case of the AAaA weapons, what happened there was Starbound changed how level multipliers worked, which made the AAaA guns all do an insane amount of damage.)[DOUBLEPOST=1435771605][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wait, did you mean repair as in refill the 'health' bar? Unfortunately, there's no way to do so. Crafting a new one is pretty cheap, though, 20 graphene (2 pieces of coal) and 500 pixels. (That and, lorewise, avali tools are meant to be disposable, one-time-use things so they don't have to lug a giant toolbox around wherever they go, they just print out their tools. I may add the laser miner to the Portable Pixel Printer's printable things, actually.)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Would love to see a pet added to the Avali. I don't know how to put together pet files in a way that they'd merge into Avali stuff or I'd attempt it myself probably.
    But I think a kiwi (bird) type thing would be adorable.

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

There's a pet in the works already. It's still unfinished but it's simply adorable and I love it.

Oberic likes this.
  15. DionZeromus

Can't wait to see it!

16. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

17. Scorpion567

Scorpion567 Subatomic Cosmonaut

can you give us a hint plz plz plz

18. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Aye, that's the artist working on it.
    They're running into blocks, though, so there's no ETA on when the Bufox gets added in to the game.

20. corrupt20x6

Now I'm convinced that something is VERY wrong wight my game. Not only can I not make steel blocks, the research station never appeared at Tier 5.