1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Looks great!
    WIll these be offered as an addition to the Avali mod or will it be part of the Logistics Frigate mod?

2. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Even better. Toss me a link when it's ready! :D

3. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Maybe it could be an option to change ships at a certain point, since there is no "tier 9" ship, like people made for the vanilla races.

4. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Uuh, does that overly large thruster shows a fitting fire sprite?

5. corrupt20x6

corrupt20x6 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ya gotta put up a link here as soon as it's ready. I'd love to have this!

6. corrupt20x6

Gotta have but I can wait for the finished. I just got through having to cull all my mods just to make ship upgrading work again. I'm just anxious for this because the stock ships upgrades are, with no offence to creator or updators, kinda bland.

7. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I was going to implement it as an alternate ship completely, no way to change from the current to the frigate. Changing would have required messing with the internal files somehow, likely, and deleting your shipworld.

8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Once it is working, you could probably use that as some sort of material for the current avali's ship thruster. I remember someone complaining about the flame as well, since there was a larger thruster on one of the upgrades onwards.

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

You'll have to talk to @Devani for that, (s)he's the one who made the ships.

10. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Wait, maybe a modified Logistics Frigate that is aligned and incorporates Avali's Tier 3 design, at least for the cockpit part? Then offer two missions at the ship dealer, one gives you the original Avali T4 (which leads to the original tiers), the other gives the Logistics Frigate tiers?
    If that could be done, it could be possible to make a mod where any race can choose what ship they want... after fixing their original ship, of course.

11. Scorpion567

Scorpion567 Subatomic Cosmonaut

would this destroy everything on my ship!!!! because i keep everything on it

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

If implemented, there will likely be no way to actually change your ship to the Logistics Frigate without manipulating your player files.
    This is also a valid course of action.

13. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

In case anyone is interested in finding avali settlements, here is a location for one. i found a data chit in one of the chests (results may vary).
    [​IMG]

Edit: at the bottom planet in the image shown, there is a couple structures scattered around. including a couple graves and a single tent that had a Data chit in it, aswell.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  14. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

What mods are you using besides avali?

15. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Is the coordinates screwed up or something?

16. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

To be fair, if Graycatgrayhat hadn't resurrected the mod, I would have likely never gotten involved. Because of him having technical problems, I took it as a personal challenge to fix them as best as I could.

17. corrupt20x6

Ok..so do we drop this into the place of the ship folder in the Avali mod or just into normal mod folder?

18. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

See the post here. #963

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Fun fact: The exact same thing could be said about Mackinz, but I quickly realized I didn't have the expertise to do it on my own, so I turned it into a community addon to let the community decide where the mod goes.[DOUBLEPOST=1435368186][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's not the cleanest method.
    The cleanest method would be to add in a .modinfo file (You can copypaste the avali.modinfo and change the line info) to the 'root' of the mod (Where you can see the folders 'ships' 'optional' 'objects' 'tiles'), then changing the frigate .structure filenames to match the blocks.png filenames (Not entirely necessary)
    You then just have to go in and make a copy of the universe_server.config.patch file, change "add" to "replace", then change the filenames to match your new filenames.

This preserves old shipworlds while at the same time causing no issues. Players simply have to delete their current shipworld (Something most Avali players likely had to do at one point thanks to a few edits to the shipworlds.) to get the new ship.

Before you do that, though, I'm going to test on my own computer, see if this actually works. I've been 'thinking out loud' onto my keyboard and haven't actually /done/ any of that yet.

Edit: Changes made (No content changed, simply backend stuff)
    Plus, with it like above, thinks won't go inside out when you visit a friend who's using the old ship. (Hopefully)
    Edit2: Works like a charm. Unfortunately, any ship upgrades applied instantly make the ship into a frigate.

Edit3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/addons/Avali Logistics Frigate.zip Went ahead and packaged it up for you. Loaded up an old char, ship loaded just fine, so doing it with this method is 100% compatible with old characters.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  20. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a much better method, I was trying to not change any files tell I passed it by @Ancev Caine. I did not think of how it would react to other players with the old ship, again oversight :rofl: but yes this new version should be used as it cleanly installs the ship along side the Avali mod.