1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. IcyJack

IcyJack Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not sure, what about the WIP thread, the V1 release thread, or the multiple times on the Avali Nexus threads? Hell, the wiki even states it started out as a thought experiment, but I would say that failed as soon as he gave them a biology that wouldn't support anything larger than a house cat? Even IF he did not say such a thing, you still have massive glaring holes in its structure, such as giving legally blind creatures VISUAL augmented reality (Seriously!). Keep in mind though, that the entire scientific argument is just tat for the last paragraph, in that they have FLAT nonsensical lore, and a do-anything structure that makes them very large Mary Sues. The biggest problem is that their ideas are an amalgam of contradictory history meant to shy away from any similarities to humans, which causes a truck load of problems trying out to iron out the intricacies. I already knew that you could not do anything about the lore, I came here to discuss it. Even if my arguments are destroyed or disproven, I would very much enjoy that. Arguing with a lit-major only makes them excited, and I will wholeheartedly stand by my feedback and continue to iterate my criticism and hope that whatever arises from this makes the mod better. This has absolutely nothing to do with suspension of disbelief, but rather, how the focus on world building the science hurts the concept as a whole, as it takes away attention from integral details that could be better fleshed out. Too much showing, very poor telling. I did not decide to support the mod due to its lore, but rather, its amazing art, and that added a whole lot of fun to a game that had absolutely no interesting blocks, or weapons. The only two REAL criticisms I have for the mod, per se, are the design of the weapons, and the incredibly long, verbosely unnecessary descriptions. Most of the people who downloaded the mod came not for the lore, but the art, and those people are the ones who have mostly left as there is no real reason or commitment to support it or write with it. The lore is not the shining bastion of quality that it claims to be.

2. meepcrux

meepcrux Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any servers up and running with this mod :3

3. Nero1534

Nero1534 Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone having problems with being unable to go planetside while playing as an Avali? I've already talked to S.A.I.L., but using the 'Enable Teleporter' option doesn't do so.

EDIT: I'm playing on Unstable, by the way. (Not Nightly)

4. OmegaMinion

OmegaMinion Phantasmal Quasar

That'd be why.

5. Nero1534

Well is there anything I can do to make that particular part of the mod work with Unstable? That's honestly the -only- problem I've had with it, is that I'm unable to teleport planetside due to that part of the intro quest not flagging as 'completed'.

6. OmegaMinion

Probably, but it would likely involve figuring out exactly what they changed between the Stable, and Unstable Versions, and changing a great deal of the mod to get it working again. There might be some way to use Admin Commands to cheat past it without any modding knowledge, however, so I recommend trying that first.

7. Nero1534

Ah I see. It's got Pleased Giraffe (Nightly) support, which means it's unable to work on plain Unstable since there's stuff in Nightly that's not in Unstable.

Sadly, the last time I tried to fire up Nightly it just flat out crashed on startup for me.

8. OmegaMinion

Might want to try it again, in that case. The Nightly Builds change quite often, so it is likely that whatever caused the Crash has been fixed by now, although you might want to Reinstall it, to make sure nothing goes horribly wrong.

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

That support was just two lines or so changed, there shouldn't be much a problem. If it were more I'd have not added it.

10. corrupt20x6

corrupt20x6 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Am I the only one for whom the ship does not upgrade past t3?

11. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I believe that past T3 you need to buy the upgrades from the guy behind the outpost for diamonds. Not sure, I've not played that part recently.
    Is that not working?

12. corrupt20x6

No. After T3...he does nothing. I've completed quests up to what should be T6 or 7 and he does nothing for the avali.

13. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Are you sure? He only gives out the next once all the quests for that tier are finished.

14. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

ok guys, i cant get the dyemod to work with the patch, what do.

15. corrupt20x6

Completely certain. I finished ALL the quests of that tier and he gave NOTHING.

16. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

You don't get any quests of the next tier until he gives you the upgrade, IIRC.

17. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

When I played, I didn't get the next tier until I got back to my ship to apply the upgrade, then I could go back to the outpost and boom, more quests.

18. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Hey Fevix, I decided to work on the shield idea I had again but how do I send you the pictures? Something wasn't working and I wanted some help with that.

19. corrupt20x6

I continued to get quests past Dreadwing, even boss ones. But no upgrade offer.

20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Github is the preferred way, but it's slightly complex.
    You can make a .zip and attach the images (And any other files) to the forum thread.