1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

The problem that happened was some derping on sayter's part, he changed some things that just didn't work with custom races anymore, and fixed it in the same day later on. Something like that. Avali works super fine right now at least. FU BYOS custom race support is recommended with it, as well as Frackin Races as mentioned above. The avali mods that add stuff are the Augments and Assortments REVISITED and the two recolor ones compatible with it and triage.

That said, someone REALLY should just merge a bunch of these avali mods together the proper way [checking ids and whatnot]. I miss having the other colors for furniture. There are some frackin universe related items for the avali too, like the themed solar panels. Would be crazy going to the ice planets and seeing them with white or blue furniture. Find them on thundra and maybe go with green furniture... Or if the colors are crazy, just pull the pretty purple one xD

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

I want more avali encounters! like a dropship With avali soldiers, or buildings

3. DinoExplorer2000

I have begun buildingg an avali structure on a arctic ocean planet, and wondering if anyone got suggestions for things to add to it?

9616236A9E2927758F9B352E11F85BF0CCBA2DA2.jpg 003B4C431613B78991FAC82C2D29535265E0B042.jpg 45E166FCA8A543212206AC66885BB4F5EC436605.jpg C471E2186AA2EB6FF3AA5C0A022D97F45FDC352C.jpg 05F09CC0E42E8F34FB983451134C06565CAA02AD.jpg 50BCF85CC1433FA79E54693B9F33DF4F7FA33CDE.jpg D37622715412A2F178A8222CFA1859B304AB0172.jpg

4. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

This is absolutely possible, the biggest issue right now is a lack of sprites. I can do the coding myself, but I suck at art.

FU has been compatible for a long time. However, at the present moment there's an issue when using Avali, FU, and Scripted Sail together, as this creates an 'Includes' loop which causes the game to crash on load
    • Avali Triage 'Includes' FU so it loads after FU and the updated Avali items can overwrite the FU Avali items.
    • FU 'Includes' Scripted Sail so that FU loads after SS and can apply its own things over SS's changes.
    • And Scripted Sail in turn 'Includes' Avali so that it can load after Avali and apply the Scripted Sail to avali characters.
    This creates a loop and Starbound can't figure out which one to load first, because they're all waiting on the others to load, and if any of them load first it'll break something:
    • Avali loads first: Any updates I make to objects also present in FU will be overwritten by the FU versions of those objects (Not terrible, but also not great, if I were to change the properties of, say, Tech Panels, then FU users wouldn't get those changes until FU updated to include them)
    • FU loads first: Some things in FU will get overwritten by Scripted Sail
    • SS loads first: Scripted Sail doesn't get applied to Avali players
    However, there is a fourth option that's being considered that will preserve ALL functionality of all three mods.

5. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Anyone else getting the mental image of three mods all trying to go through a doorway at the same time?

That being said, there's a minor FU incompatibility issue with an Avali addon: the Avali Drone Pet. Since it's not part of the Avali Triage mod itself, if you play an Avali and pick to Build Your Own Ship you'll get a human cat ship pet instead of the Avali drone. Not the Triage team's job to fix, of course, and the guy who updated the mod to 1.3 is already notified of the issue. I think this addon would be a viable candidate for getting rolled into Triage though.

Yanazake likes this.
  6. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Actually it's more like all three of them being way too polite and waiting for one of the others to be the first to go through. So they wind up just standing there forever and then Starbound throws a fit

Yanazake, Scival and ChronoHyperion like this.
  7. khaotil

khaotil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, that actually made me laugh out loud.

ChronoHyperion and Fevix like this.
  8. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Are you telling me that Starbound mods are all Canadian?

Yanazake and ChronoHyperion like this.
  9. Shtin

Shtin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So what is going on with this mod? I'm super new to it but I'm loving these fluffy little space raptars already. Been thinking about making a few little decorations or something. Idk. Anyway, its a shame the original author took off after a rather big announcement about the mod last year and disappeared. I'm guessing it must be a difference between creative direction of the mod between the original and the Triage. I honestly really like everything in the triage already and I'm just glad someone is trying to keep this alive. :rofl: Would be cool if the community could find a way to help a little. Maybe motivation. :rofl:

10. DinoExplorer2000

yea, if anyone that likes the avali and wants the mod to grow further, and has experience within creating sprites, they could make some Furnitures and decorations, fevix can fix the coding. but fevix, do you have any suggetions for sprites? i might try some spriting, and i could upload the files here

LieutenantSuisei likes this.
  11. Wasabi_Raptor

Wasabi_Raptor Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, just kind of coming out of lurk mode here https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/smol-avali.5419/ and I just posted this after about two days of working on it and talking in the discord I've also put it on steam but I was wondering if this would be counted as an Add on or something? is is more of its own thing but I think it would be nice to have Avali that are actually proper sized so I wanted to share or notify here at least

it was a headache to get it working after getting examples by looking at other mods like Penguin Piracy and then scaling the Avali sprites down and then retouching them so they didn't look like shit witch basically involved redrawing alot of them completely

DinoExplorer2000 likes this.
  12. DinoExplorer2000

i like this, finally someone has changed the avali to what they are supposed to look like. now they can actually be thought of as Raptors, (if you think of velociraptors, who actually is only 2 meters long and about 3 feet high) and now they can be size related to turkeys too! starbound humans now have a reason to Call the avali turkeys

also they look kinda badass With normal sized weapons

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  13. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

I mean.... I know lore-wise they're supposed to be tiny, but I definitely prefer their normal height. I am curious though... what kind of clothing mods are there for the Avali? A quick google search only comes up with the triage update about the (....Rather barren) clothing station, and some socks, as well as the spec-ops gear. Is that really all there is for this magnificent race..?

14. DinoExplorer2000

yea, as fevix said, the original creator abandoned this mod a few years ago, if he was still around, more stuff could be possible. fevix can add stuff, but he needs help With the sprites, (or the Pictures of Objects and items for those who dont know what sprites are)

15. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

We should seriously ask around the other avali mods if the authors give permission to implement their stuff to the main triage mod. This would be great. I seriously just want the colorful stuff back without needing extra mods xD

Btw, adding the mini avali as a secondary option would probably cause some headaches, but it'd be funny seeing the small ones as children owo

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  16. DinoExplorer2000

agreed

17. Shtin

Shtin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I've made two light mods.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1430061664
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1431690564

Really small lights I sprited myself but I sourced the code from the object, frames, recipe files from the Triage mod, which I edited the names of the objects and description to try and keep them about the same to what all the races would say.

I wanted to upload to these forums but. If putting assets like these straight into the triage is much easier I'm okay with that.

Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (21).png
    [/QUOTE]

18. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Well, we need Fevix to see these and tell if he wants to implement! They'd be a great addition, I'm sure!

19. DinoExplorer2000

yea, the avali doesnt have many different types of light. theres the light panels and the light Blocks, and that Orange lamp thing which name i cant remember and the Crystal garden. some more lights would be nice

20. TheOnlyRen

TheOnlyRen Phantasmal Quasar

I sent Wasabi Raptor the entire Objects+ archives to add to the smolavali.

If he gets it officially implemented before Triage does, I think I'm legally allowed to shoot Fevix in the foot.