1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I wonder, why not ask anyway...?

I remember being able to make different colors for all the avali fabric-related items. They still exist somehow, but extra mods [like the old dyemod] were necessary. Why not add this to the base mod anyway? I really miss the purple and blue furnitures.

Btw, there's this paintgun mod here. https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/paint-gun-mod.4636/
    It doesn't work with the avali items, but it still works by itself.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Lord Aries Greyscale likes this.
  2. aBOXofTOM

aBOXofTOM Pangalactic Porcupine

if you use steam workshop, theres a lovely mod that allows you to get all the colored fabric things, and an addon to get different colored consoles and holograms and cupboards and stuff.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819145737
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107568847

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

This is a risky maneuver, as there are only 255 different "slots" for liquids. Vanilla takes up 7 or 8, FU takes up several more. I'm not sure what the big idea was, limiting the total liquids allowed to a number this low.

4. aBOXofTOM

aBOXofTOM Pangalactic Porcupine

it's probably to save on memory. 255 liquids means that each one has a 16 character hex address, and since vanilla only uses 7 or 8, the remaining 247 should in theory be enough for modding in a lot. if you want more than that, you'd have to add at least 4 bits, but probably more like 16 bits, for arbitrary computer reasons, and that means that you'd be dedicating about 4 times as much memory to liquid addresses when you could save most of that by limiting it to a lower, but still pretty reasonable number.

Also, Frackin Universe only adds 27, so there's still plenty of room for more. i think the real reason is just cause the mod developers have more important stuff to do.

5. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

drinkable ammonia bottles would be cool, bleach doesnt work, ive tried

6. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I didn't knew the second one, but I knew the first. I just didn't want to, you know, add more items to the game. But I guess I'll have to place those if I want to make anything more colorful than "YELLOW". Heck, even the Avikan have at least 3 included colors. :c

7. DinoExplorer2000

the other colors are in the main mod, but they are disabled. if you knew how, to enable them, you wont even need the mods

8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Unfortunately, I don't. Didn't delve that much into mod creation/editing

9. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

If it has any bearing whatsoever, I used liquidID 18 for a liquid for my mod, but it isn't naturally occurring.

10. DinoExplorer2000

i think you have to add some codes to tell the game WHERE and WHEN to spawn your liquid

11. DinoExplorer2000

i have begun writing an avali fanfic, and im curious where i should post it. should i make a New discussion thing, or can i just post it here?

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Should probably post it in the fan art/story section of Starbound forums, as long as your Avali fanfic is set in the Starbound universe, it should be OK.

This thread is to discuss the mod itself, not for fan art/fiction/etc.

13. DinoExplorer2000

ok
    quick question, can someone tell me how to make on of those grey boxes that can hide/show text?

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  14. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Spoilers? i dont remember the command but i think its

Edit: its [SPOILER ] just remove the extra space at the end

15. DinoExplorer2000

16. LieutenantSuisei

LieutenantSuisei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This may be a weird question, but is it possible for the next update to include a few more accessories and decorations, such as medical decorations (for medbays on a ship or for an Avali colony), more crystal decorations (like wind chimes, strings of crystals to hang on walls, etc.), other decorations for the tents and/or ship, Avali-centric musical instruments, and more food items? Decorations could be crafted at the nanolathe, although, some of the other tent decorations could be included under the nanoloom, and the food at the cooker. This is just an idea. If it's not possible, that's okay, and I fully understand

17. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I don't think the mod is being updated as much, and i'm not sure it included new content since it is a remake of the original version and the original author is not involved. There is a mod for new things avali and another for coloring current avali things... But that's about it I believe.

LieutenantSuisei likes this.
  18. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

The problem with adding new stuff to Triage is that the person responsible for the original Avali mod and most of its assets, RyuujinZERO, is no longer actively modding. He briefly returned last year just long enough for the Triage team to think their work done and dissolve, but then he disappeared again - according to his profile he hasn't even logged in once since June of last year. That leaves Fevix with the task of trying to get the Triage gang back together as best he can, and even then most of what they can do is simply keeping the mod reasonably compatible with upcoming Starbound updates and hoping other popular mods don't break compatibility (like Frackin Universe did recently, according to its changelog). There's just not enough people for anything else - if you want more decorations for the Avali you'll probably need to make them yourself.

LieutenantSuisei likes this.
  19. bob160484

bob160484 Orbital Explorer

Is FU still not compatible? because FU is the air I breathe (and avali is a cool mod that I want to check out. maybe it can become the water I drink or something like that)

20. LieutenantSuisei

LieutenantSuisei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes. I have it installed with Frackin' Universe and it works just fine. You may also want to get Frackin' Races for some added benefits for the Avali