1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. bearffalo

bearffalo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just for clarification does this only count for the item mod or weapons too ?

2. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Since the item descriptions by @TheOnlyRen are being absorbed into triage, I'd like to point out a rather egregious omission: water. The current description calls it "plain 'ol water," just like humans do rather than "MAL TO BAL MOLTEN WATER WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!" or something of the like.

Also, I'm loving the examine descriptions for the tiny town biome...

3. Lepton

Lepton Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, I love the Avali Triage mod, and I've used it ever since I started Starbound.
    Recently I noticed a few odd pixels on my male sprite. Seen here:
    Capture.PNG
    Looks like a color value that's just a few points off. It's an easy fix, and I have the malebody sprite sheet (only a handful of pixels changed to their correct color) if you'd like.

4. aBOXofTOM

aBOXofTOM Pangalactic Porcupine

does anyone know of any vaguely canon-ish pictures of an avali mech? cause i wanted to make my own avali mech, cause the only one out there looks kinda potato-ey. no offense intended towards the guy who made it. it's good work, it just fells too curvy and organically shaped for my tastes.

5. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I think that might be a mech or something or other in the background behind the two avali.
    [​IMG]

notanaccount2 likes this.
  6. aBOXofTOM

I suppose it could be. I always thought it was just a big gun turret or something, but it does appear to have a hatch of some kind.

7. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Regardless of if it's a mech or a stationary turret, it and the default avali ship can give you a good idea of avali vehicle design, which as you can clearly see should be everything BUT potato-like.

8. YellowDemonHurlr

I assume that would be this one:

[​IMG]

Not the Triage default, which is fan-made.

Or, maybe even better, this one, which is the official WIP frigate from the dead reboot...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  9. aBOXofTOM

I've started noticing a trend. i'll find something in the mod that i'm not particularly happy with the looks of, think to myself "hmm, that look doesnt really appeal to me very much. i can make a better one." and then i go faff about for a few hours redrawing whatever it is instead of actually enjoying the game. i did it to the hoverbike when it first came out, and now i've done it to the captains chair. and now i'm thinking about doing it to the teleporter. i would say i'm working on doing it to the mech but we didnt have one to start with so i dont think that counts. in other news, i have a very pretty new captains chair.
    20170703181849_1.jpg

10. YellowDemonHurlr

I assume that cool helmet is another example? 'Cause that is a cool helmet. Fancy adding your stuff to the workshop?

The chair's cool too, but I think the outline's a bit too strong. Maybe tone it down a but, with lighter greys like you see on the armor?

11. aBOXofTOM

The helmet is actually made by someone else. it's part of the avali SpecOps armor pack. also, i'm gonna take your advice on the chair, and tinker with the outline a bit. also, i have just a random jumble of bits and pieces that i've made, including some overpowered mech weapons, random decorative objects, and other misc bits that i need to upload somewhere but it's prettymuch a constant WIP so i've been holding off on it, but if people want the fancy chair bad enough i can upload that just on it's own.

EDIT: BWAAAAM! it's a thing on the workshop now! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963730801
    also i put some of my other functional stuff on there too!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  12. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

My only real complaint of that captain's chair is there's no convenient hole for the tail. I suppose that's just an issue with certain seats in general (The Avali Maglev chair was also guilty of this) but I think it's a bit more noticeable with the captain seat cus it's a designated seat for a long-term travel.

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Maybe their tails just stick straight up? Or if there is a hole, it's hidden behind the armrest.

14. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

You do realise you're allowed to use straight edges, right?

15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Meanwhile, all I can think about that screenshot is "That helmet is a side view rather than the proper angle for Starbound armor".

16. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, it isn't exactly a perfect side view, but it isn't quite a ¾th angle either.

17. aBOXofTOM

I'm going to go with there being a hole behind the armrest.
    i know. straight edges are good for structures and stuff, but they dont make for a super comfortable chair. i mean look at the old captains chair? that thing is probably great for your posture, but i doubt it would be very comfortable to sit in for a long time. also the thing which i'm assuming is a chair built into the console thing isnt perfectly upright. that's kinda slouchy too. although now that you have mentioned it the chair does look kinda egg shaped, and now that's bugging me.
    i think it's actually pretty close. it's hard to really represent a 3/4th angle on something vaguely conical. which all the avali helmets would be, cause we got longer noses than the silly hairless apex. also even if it was something that bothers me, i didn't make the helmet, someone else did.

EDIT: i redrew the chair. now it has a hole for your tail that isnt obscured by the arm of the chair, which is also gone, because it made it look like you were perched on the arm rather than sitting in the chair, and the thing now also looks much more avali-ish in my opinion. the left arm of the chair has also been turned into a small panel for all of your button pushing needs. none of the buttons actually work, but theyre fun, and each one makes a different noise when you push it. also, the chair has space for you to put your holograms right up close to your face, so you can actually read the tiny text with your poor eyesight.
    20170705024255_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  18. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Looks quite pretty!

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Why bother reading when you can just stream the information directly into your brain?

/s

20. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, since the avali see these so called "holograms" using their neural implants, I don't think reading them from far away would be a problem since they'd probably always be in perfect focus even from kilometers away.
    but they do look cooler next to the chair, yeah.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017