1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well he's going to be rewriting the core mod right? There's always room for adding on preposterous amounts of guns, a mining laser, mechs...
    Espicially mechs. Why don't we have mechs yet?

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

If you want to make a mech go ahead, they're brutally complex and difficult to animate.

3. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

Regardless its good to have the true master of the avali back

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Oh, yeah. We don't have mechs yet because we have no idea what they'd look like.

5. Ser-matticus

i guess my idea for the triage wont be necessary provided ryu makes avali versions if the vanilla stations

6. Ser-matticus

they most likely be small and able to easily be taken apart or be folded into a more compact state, it wont be as sleek looking but it will be very functional, even still it be heavily armed

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Totally not because they're the most complex entity to animate any potential designs.
    He likes doing it all himself, which I can easily understand.

Also going to point out that triage can become an expansion pack once he's ready.

I might be willing to set up a really bare bones version of the mod with somewhat proper vanilla balancing and let him work from there.

Unfortunately this is the one and only place I can contact Ryuujin for reasons so I might keep my nose out of this whole thing.

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The way I'm envisioning it is that the triage mod will continue as is for the time being, while the "new" mod is created independently in the background.

Once the "new" mod meets an appropriate state of development the "triage" mod is reduced to a "legacy" mod, and contains all of the content that existed in triage/the old official mod, but was cut from the "final" iteration (Quite a few tiles, placeables, weapons etc are going to be left on the cutting room floor), while content that has equivalents in the official mod is retroactively removed from the legacy mod to avoid conflicts.

Where things go from there is up to you guys, you could continue to expand the legacy/triage mod itself to add stuff you think is cool but is not in the official/canon build. You could leave the legacy mod as-is and start on a new line of add-on mods that adds content you want to see in it.

And Marxon please stop trying to talk for me.

9. Ser-matticus

they most likely be small and able to easily be taken apart or be floded into a more compact state, it wont be as sleek looking but it will be very functional, even still it be heavily armed
    i can see that a mod maker would want to work alone on a mod of a very fleshed out race of alien nomads, they are his pride and joy, i just hope it works out

Marxon likes this.
  10. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

No, mostly because we don't have like, any art to even base anything off of.
    Also what's with the tiny text, Ryuujin? Speak up if you have something to say.

11. Ser-matticus

i don't mean to sound impatient but how long would this take, a mod of this scale from scratch, all the artwork and coding. i don't envy what you'll have to do but this is a massive undertaking.
    regardless i salute you and look forward to seeing what will come of the most adorable and deadliest hunters in the galaxy.

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You obviously have no idea how it works, there's no point in drawing a design if you don't know how to animate it.

13. Ser-matticus

do they even have mechs, i don't remember if they do from the wiki.

14. GeminiFlame

GeminiFlame Void-Bound Voyager

kinda makes me think of a unit that has a lightweight folding inner frame for storage and then all its armor and equipment is just quickly fastened to it on-site, then unfastened and stripped off when it returns from its mission and then collapsed into its storage-friendly state.

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

They do and they are light and nimble, designed to dodge sources of damage as opposed to absorbing it. Think of the economy of motion light mechs in Hawken have.

You can't really stop railgun rounds, you can dodge them by moving right before they fire.

16. Ser-matticus

i was thinking light armored core with the quick boost function

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

There is a very VERY sketchy old doodle with a mech visible, albeit obfuscated from view. I'm envisioning less gundam, more walking tank turret with high mobility. The Theta mech? (The one with the huge railgun) from the mech mod is a pretty good point of reference.

I'm having trouble finding a polite way of saying what needs to be said <.<

They do. But canonically they're not often employed, basically only in situations where anti air cover is too dense for air support, but ground combat is too intense for drones and regular infantry alone.[/QUOTE]

18. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

He has spoken, I think.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wow, you guys are really chatty today. For some weird reason the forum system failed to alert me that the thread was active and I missed out on @RyuujinZERO coming back to the thread, lol.

I never met you on the forums, saw your name in a number of places, but never saw you "in person", lol.

I'd have to say that Avali is the #1 race mod in Starbound because it is so detailed and so well thought out, and because it is probably the only race mod in SB that has something other than a re-skinned humanoid, a totally different "skeleton" than the other races, at least the only race mod I know of that's like that, anyways.

One of the biggest things that drew me to this mod was how cool the tents, and some of the tiles look (I love tiles that mesh with each other, like the thick white tech blocks with the 3 dots on them) and so few mods make those anymore (and the vanilla game doesn't even have them that I'm aware of).

Hopefully, those (and the honeycomb tiles) aren't two that are gonna end up on the cutting room floor... because they are unique in that you can seamlessly make walls and ceilings and not have gaudy lines where the vertical and horizontal walls meet...

20. Ser-matticus

[/QUOTE]

makes the most sense, the evolved human race I've been writing about have a similar situation regarding their titans division, which is all mech based units and their colossal cybernetic dragoon titans. granted they deploy if the skies are clear or not but enemy forces on the ground are too much and too dug in for the standard troops to handle, or they deploy something that would call for a dragoon.