1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali SpecOp Armor 2.2

Adds variations of the default Avali gear from the awesome to the silly!

1. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

Strange... And you're looking in the Avali Nanolathe? I'm running the .modpak right now and it's operating normally. Maybe try redownloading the file and try again. Also, make sure you're running the most recent stable version of Starbound, as that's what this mod is made for. (Latest stable update: Glad Giraffe - Update 1 (December 8, 2015))

2. Meowers666

Meowers666 Space Spelunker

That makes more sense, thanks. However, is there a link I could get for a .zip file I could extract? A lot of 3.7 mods seem to be working on the Unstable version of Starbound if I could extract them.

3. Syfe_Fireshard

4. Meowers666

Meowers666 Space Spelunker

5. Syfe_Fireshard

6. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Found a lil' bug: the spelunker helmet requires a Perfectly Generic Item for the craft.
    I don't think this may be due to a bad installation of the mod, since it doesn't adds any crafting material.

Edit And one of the helmets I crafted earlier changed into a PGItem.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  7. Syfe_Fireshard

update, the newest version fixed that problem. and if you could specify which helmet disappeared it'd be greatly appreciated. if its not fixed let me know

Lodish likes this.
  8. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

The problem is, I don't know. I stashed all the 1st version's helmet in a crate, and one of them turned in a PGI. Now, if I look at the available helmets on the nanolathe, it doesn't seems like there's one missing...

9. Syfe_Fireshard

thats odd... i don't think i modified any of the names.. not that i remember at least. thats really strange.. i apologize for your loss of resources. did the recipe get fixed upon updating?

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Recipe fixed all fine, I now need an Inset Lightning now.

And by the way, apparently the helmet which disappeared was the Aesthetic Helmet, which appears in my recipe list like normal. (and I can craft and equip it just fine)
    Maybe it is because you fixed its name earlier?

11. Syfe_Fireshard

That may have been it, i apologize for the inconvenience.

12. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

No need to worry about it; thanks for the fix though :)

13. Syfe_Fireshard

I'd like to know:

Should I make a specific crafting station for the SpecOps gear?
    and
    Should I require the base item the gear is based on for the recipe?

14. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I don't think this is necessary as it makes sense to craft them on the nanolathe, the same station used for the base gear.

This would complicate crafting a lot, as it would require diodes and such ("rare" materials) for every helmet. This would be a pain, especially if you want to change your helmet / armor for another one.

That is what I think anyway.

15. Syfe_Fireshard

makes sense, thanks for your input.
    --- Post updated ---
    Keep in mind, this is NOT updated for 1.0 just yet, and I'll do so after some time. I too would like to get a little gameplay in before going back to modding, and the Avali mod isnt updated yet anyways.

Lodish likes this.
  16. Syfe_Fireshard

I cant update it, that is i'd never be able to actively test it. the 1.0 release has far higher of a load on my pc, and it runs at like, 2fps at best. idk what they did to this update, but i cant run it :/

17. sovereign961

sovereign961 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I could test it for you if you want to update it.

18. Syfe_Fireshard

we'll see.. if i get a new pc, which should happen round Tuesday.. i might be bake to myself.. or if they fix their game's lag problem

19. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Even so, between reoptimizing the computer for your personal preferences and reinstalling all your old stuff (the latter being no fun whatsoever, I know), that'll probably take a bit to get back up to speed. At the moment the big problem is simply that 1.0 is incompatible with modpack files. If you can just get the mod playable, both this and defense turrets, we can handle the playtesting in the meantime.

20. Syfe_Fireshard

looking back on my reply i have no idea what i was typing o.o ..either way we'll see what happens.. a bit of irl stuff recently happened and gave me a lot to think about..