1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Rocket Launcher + Misc Stuff 1.16

Adds a themed rocket launcher for the Avali race, as well as a few miscellaneous extra items.

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Ulithium_Dragon updated Avali Rocket Launcher + Misc Stuff with a new update entry:

New Headgear + More Rebalancing

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

The recent update to main mod had me thinking, if a weapon's level can be set by the recipe rather than the item file, could you possibly use that to more accurately control the launcher's damage?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. Ulithium_Dragon

I have no idea how he did that - I'd want to see detailed documentation first, since I'm rather sick of bumbling my way through Starbound's mess of undocumented functions and variables using "guess-and-check" until it magically starts working... =.=

If it's not too hard to do, then I can give it a shot at some point.

EDIT: By the way, please someone (anyone) let me know if you think the DPS is in the right place now. I dislike Starbound's rather clunky combat system, so I'm not really the right person to ask if something is killing stuff too quickly. :]

4. leinglo

Would you be open to trying a new sprite for the rocket launcher? I cannibalized some of the stock Avali weapon sprites to see if I could make something a little closer to their style. What do you think?
    upload_2016-8-6_3-55-49.png
    I tried to make it to be the same size and dimensions so it should be able to be used without having to recode it.

5. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon updated Avali Rocket Launcher + Misc Stuff with a new update entry:

Fixed Rocker Launcher Main Attack Damage

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

You need to patch /species/avali.species to add it to the default known. The nanoloom doesn't follow the same "doesnt' require blueprints to be known" stuff that the other stations do.
    That said, electronics and hard cosmetics would be better suited for the nanolathe, wouldn't they?

7. Ulithium_Dragon

All cosmetics are at the Nanoloom for the price of one pixel, i.e. the Dragoon Helmet. *Shrug*

I checked a lot of files in the avali race looking for the issue, but the species folder is one of the few places I didn't look... *Sigh*

8. SeregirDraike

SeregirDraike Void-Bound Voyager

Only the climbing axe is showing up for me, the rest of the items are not displayed in the stations where they should be

9. Ulithium_Dragon

I know the Datafeed Headset is not showing up (use the /admin command if you REALLY want it and it will show up), but the spear and rocket launcher work just fine and show up where they would - in the Avali Weapons Workbench (I just double checked right now)...

10. SeregirDraike

Just checked again and the spear/rocket launcher are still not there

11. Ulithium_Dragon

Are you playing as an Avail, or another race? Also is your copy of the main Avali race up to date?

It's still working just fine for me:

20160812143711_1.jpg

12. SeregirDraike

I am playing as an Avali and everything is up to date

13. leinglo

I've installed the mod fresh just now and the spear/rocket launcher are showing up just fine for me.
    Only thing I can suggest is to restart the game, go back and try to craft the weapons, and if they don't show up, immediately exit. Go to Starbound\storage and upload here the starbound.log text document you find there. That should tell what the error is, what might be causing it, and would give Ulithium something tangible to work with on fixing it, if there is something wrong with the mod.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Ulithium_Dragon likes this.
  14. Ulithium_Dragon

What leinglo said. I have not seen reports from anyone else having issues with those recipes showing up (on here or on the Steam Workshop version), so I would assume that means the issue is on your end. *Shrug*

15. SeregirDraike

Right, when I enter Admin mode, they show up in the weapon bench.

So now, are they set to appear in the bench after a certain amount of progress in the game?

16. Ulithium_Dragon

Nope - from the start. The only recipe that is still broken is the Datafeed Headset - eveything else is working just fine.

Question: are you playing AS an Avali, or another race...?

17. SeregirDraike

I am playing as an Avali

18. Ulithium_Dragon

Can you pretty please do what leinglo suggested here and post your log file for me...?

19. Ulithium_Dragon

20. SeregirDraike

Well, here's my log

Attached Files: