1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Maybe... (Won't be today though)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    KuroErin likes this.
  2. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I like it already. If I am able to somehow I would like to give a helping hand if needed.

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Well, technically speaking, now you mention it seeing the base sprites are essentially complete, it's now safe for other people, to make avali-fitted clothes too. So if anyone wanted to make clothing or armour specifically fitted to avali dimensions, I can include that in the mod and credit them

4. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I'm not too good at sprite work but, I could sketch a few things.

5. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

I'll try my best at the armors, currently I'm testing a armor that probably not suited for the race itself. But my main concern is the silver,gold, and platinum set(also the copper chest/greaves) which...I have no idea how to start with those

I'll leave the other racial armors and clothing if anyone can/want to do those

6. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

I can try it. I hope i can figure out how to pixelate some fitting clothing^^

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

There's nothing I can do about the copper/gold/silver etc. The humandoid versions of those armours are assigned to *all* races, like pickaxes and wooden blocks, so I can't replace those for avali versions. I'll be handling the "main" racial armour and weapons to ensure they fit the aesthetic i have planned for the race. The invitation is more along the lines of non-standard decorative armours and clothes, equivalent to stuff like bandit gear, hunter outfits, rainbow capes, medic armour etc. not nessecariyl avali versions of those sets, but armour that you think would work on them that isn't necessarily a racial armour.

8. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Is there any particular theme it needs to be or just fun for vanities?

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Just for fun vanities, or whatever works for you. Basically the same deal as regular starbound; you have your tier armour and clothing (Which I'll be handling), and then a bunch've other stuff people can use in their vanity slot. Having a larger library of avali-compatible clothing would be very helpful for giving people choices

10. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Any plans on having race spawners in the near future?

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes, as well as entire randomly generated colonies. But that's a lower priority goal... now you mention it though adding spawners is something I can do for the next patch as that is easy

12. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

I'm going to ask if it's possible to code a file where it uses the other sprite files from an existing item without replacing anything from the default game files(including different names of the files)?

13. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice. :D

14. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Warning these sketches will be pretty rough and I might not be the greatest of artists. Just giving that warning now ^^;;

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not at present. I really wish it'd let us create a sub-folder that it'd look at for alternate race appearances

Well, I was really looking for sketches, I have those dime a dozen :p - I was just putting it out there that if people did want to be useful towards the mod, and had sprite art skills I wouldn't object to them submitting additional armour or clothing sets.

16. legoracer

I know. I still think it looks better though. ;)

Well, if someone wants to post some sketches I may be able to create some sprites based off of them. I just need ideas.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not so sure about these... the NPC spawner still manages to pump out avali that look like a mardi-gras celebration, even with the fluff colour restricted to natural tones. (Also spot the new hairstyles)

[​IMG]

OssomSagax and Kawa like this.
  18. legoracer

Guess we'll just have to request that the devs make it possible to define a palette per gender. That aside, those Avali don't look half bad. :) Really looking forward to the next update!

19. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I'm with lego on that one. Definitely has a multitude of flavors there. I like those new hairstyles~

EDIT: Also lego if you can manage I will clean up my sketches as best as possible. I would say for rough drafts I am almost done.

20. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

I agree, probably at this stage it's bit too complicated...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.