1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Isn't it funny how Zero gives us all this new stuff, and not three hours later we're asking for everything from shuriken-launching melee weapons to flamethrowers to fancy silverware?

Why don't we save our suggestions for after the weekend, so Zero can have some time to cool off and play around with his own mod?

2. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

what tech unlock do i use

3. Zenithcore

Zenithcore Void-Bound Voyager

Right then, ill save my questions till later if its such a deal o. o

4. J_Mourne

You're trying to get to Tier 2? Starmap Upgrade MKII.

Craft the distress beacon, gear up, and use it. See what shows up.

5. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Hardly much to ask, and completely reasonable, but ideas do not wait! Or at least, in my case I need to write or type them down or I WILL forget them.

6. Zenithcore

Same here, good idea are all to often forgotten on the fly.

7. Desolator

how do you dye your armour?

8. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

For now, download Dye Mod. it'll let you change the color of most vanilla things, which is already supported but not actually implimented in vanilla.

9. Desolator

do you have the link?

10. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

And meanwhile I'm waiting for a few friends (Levrix and Jetpack) to get back from their vacations before I update. (I seriously play nothing but multiplayer in Starbound now :rofl:)

11. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

So. Downloaded the mod, moved out my main universe/player folders to keep the Avali stuff seperate, and I must say, it's pretty neat so far. Although Starbound itself seems to dislike me; first starter planet had a volcanic sub biome, which I landed in the middle of, and the second one would have been miserable if I hadn't modded out the acid part of acid rain.

I do have two minor nitpicks, one of them extra minor:
    -The "crying" emote has 5 frames, but there's only two on the Avali emote sheet, so a crying avali looks more like it's trying to blink something out of its eyes.
    -Personalities 2 and 4 have different upper bodies; Starbound, however, uses the same chest armor sprite on both, so any upper body Avali vanity item that does have a chest sprite may have issues with one or the other.

[​IMG]

It is hard to notice though; like I said, it's a really minor nitpick. I'm mostly pointing it out because I was messing with armor/clothing sprites earlier, so it jumped out at me.

12. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

13. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

They have all sorts of processed carbohydrate products, as well as numerous methods of preparing meat, so there's certainly room for more professional culinary skills.

Zenithcore likes this.
  14. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Wiki does need to be updated, but all in due time.

Which I have, so I probably could do so tomorrow.

15. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

What avali food do you find yourself making the most often? Tacos have been a mainstay for me right now, saved my ass more than a few times.

16. Zenithcore

Definatly the taco here. i keep around 150 or more on me in the hotbar next to the nanobandages.

OssomSagax likes this.
  17. Desolator

18. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Nanobandages? Is that part of this mod? Can I raid a glitch castle and be all like "Nanomachines, son!"?

19. J_Mourne

Tacos are nice and all, don't get me wrong, but you can't beat the curry.

Mmm... curry.

No, part of the normal game. I think somewhere around Tier 4, you get the ability to upgrade normal bandages into nanowrap bandages at the cost of 50 pixels each.

Zenithcore likes this.
  20. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Vanilla item; first you have to craft a portable pixel printer, use it, and then you can craft nanobandages with bandages and pixels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.