1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

awesome dude!

2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Probably could make a weapon purely designed for it.

Zenithcore likes this.
  3. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

A lone Avali treks across the desert wasteland, braving the hot, stinging winds in search of aegisalt deposits.

2014-03-28_00014.jpg

(I recommend listening to this music for the full sensory experience.)

4. MrMadmanx2

maybe. but all aerotech weapons could use this method. it's a very advance trick that can go very wrong. but if done right, can be vital in a life or death spot. and I have many more ideas like this, and I can brainstorm many more. a Sword, Spear, and sledge will all work the trick differently, but each effective in their own way. and if it's too complex to add to the Mod, and an excellent idea in a Role Play

5. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

I'd personally be completely satisfied with a kind of craftable aerogel shuriken. I don't know how Ryuu sees this kind of thing fitting into his lore, though.

Zenithcore likes this.
  6. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Let's compromise and make a gun/sling that fires orbs of aerogel that shatter upon impact and fling shrapnel everywhere.

Flak, flechette, shrapnel, shards, pain

OssomSagax and 0deneb0 like this.
  7. MrMadmanx2

indeed. as for Lore, I think it'll fit. survival of the pack is the up most importance to the Avali. discarding the blade in that fashion as a way of retreat or deposing of a foe seems plausible to their lore. in my opinion at least.

8. MrMadmanx2

I like that idea. I also think it'll look cool as a Bow and Arrow combo, or crossbow and Bolt Combo

9. MrMadmanx2

though I do have an idea for a Shuriken that is both deadly and safe to use.

10. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

"With this new camouflage I'll blend right in..... with yo-" -Gets hit in the face by a large snowball.-

OssomSagax and 0deneb0 like this.
  11. MrMadmanx2

sweet! I can not wait to play one myself and explore! ^ ^

12. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Spear is a lot better when its aimable, although I have the same issue using it as I do the Hailstorm - I just can't get used to aiming below the cursor D:

Usually I'm a shield man with sword and pistol, but I think I'm gonna give hammer and the HE railgun a go for a bit :)

Btw, I don't see any way to upgrade my melee weapons, do I need to craft a starmap upgrade again?

13. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Sweet tower. Kind of looks like an air control tower. Either that or a sweet penthouse.

Great work on the update too. Notice you made the lights from the light blocks flicker. Also hmm maybe you could make some sort of light-bridge with them though the amount of light it generates might be jarring.

Over all the reason I don't use them in the background too much is while I know they're supposed to be light BLOCKS and that they are very unique in their function. they feel almost too square. They look alright if you put a tech panel behind them but other than that their shape feels kind of jarring. Maybe I'll try using them more creativly, I mean hell I hadn't used the data storage blocks untill today so there's lots left to discover building-wise.

Loving the weapon effects too, and the new helmet is sweet. And not to mention the weapons themselves. I love me some hammers and I'm up to aegisalt now and my god that thing looks beastly. Now some questions/suggestions if you wouldn't mind.

#1: Is the hammer supposed to have a slashing sound effect instead of the bash sound because of the aerotech edge?

#2: Avali has no axe. Is this because you havn't come up with a design you are satisfied with, time constraints, avali don't like axes or that you feel it's too simmilar in function to the hammer?

#3: You mentioned flamethrowers. How about 1-handed wrist-mounted flamethrowers? Need a light?

#4: Do Avali prefer high-pitched sounds or low-pirched sounds? Both like humans do? Is it possible to make Avali have a special voice when using a microphone and would you even want to give them a special voice?

#5: What are Avali's oppinion on bows? Surely they have advanced beyond such things as humans have, but do they still use them for the sport of it? Visually I could picture Avali using some form of high-tech compounded bow. To hunt because it supposedly requires more timing and skill to land a hit than a gun does and it might be appealing to some since Avali seem to value skill in hunting (among other things). Of course they wouldn't use it for warfare because, you know that's kind of silly.

If you do consider implementing it maybe it could have a chance to drop meat chunks instead of raw alien meat since that's what the recipies need.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: What happened to weapon upgrades btw? I can only upgrade T1 - 4 Blizzards. Side-effect of adding the new weapon effects?

14. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

The update is melee-weapons-only thusfar. To unlock the higher melee tiers, you'll need to re-use tech unlockers, if you've made them.

[​IMG]

About time I had some punchier weapons!

Comito likes this.
  15. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Hmm I see. Strange considering I used to have T1 - 4 upgrades already unlocked when I started the character before. I'll try and re-use the tech upgrades and see if I can put some fire on my weapons again. Got like 60 data chits lying around.

16. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

how can i get tier 2 and above weapons?
    also, i see there are some villagers who like music, maybe you can make a new avali instrument

17. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

To get new weapons, use tech unlocks. (Starmap upgrades, aegisalt/ferozium/cerulium/etc. techs).

Same as ever folks!

18. Zenithcore

Zenithcore Void-Bound Voyager

So, for a while now iv'e enjoyed playing around making houses and such with the Avali theme and such but....Its been bothering me a-lot that Avali don't have there own kitchenware. With all the stuff you can put in a home or a base or anything you prefer, It kinda clashes if you bum another races kitchen counter or even the default human one you can make. I mean i really enjoy the yellow and white paired with darkgray metal. But the absence of kitchenware is driving my avali a** up the wall :rofl:

Aside from that on a slightly different topic, Are Avali in anyway known for the culinary skills?

19. Myifee

Myifee Guest

If they were, it'd have to be only to other Avali. Otherwise? I certainly wouldn't see why not.

20. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

They're certainly known for having wine that smells like cleaning supplies.

Zenithcore and OssomSagax like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.