1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

probably a good idea. Maybe you'll have Avali dreams!!

2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

I've been a Void Bound Voyager for a year now.

3. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Uhm....i discovered a bug i think: i cant dye my Avali Clothing with the Dye mod D:
    When i select the Stalker`s Cloak for example and use it with the Dye Station, it shows me the recepieces normally, but when i "craft" it blue it doesnt changed the color! D:

4. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Some clothes don't change colors, mainly colorless ones (Grey, black, etc.), as far as I can tell.
    EDIT: I stand corrected. It's not added yet.

Also, is the server online yet? Or am I an idiot and it was online the whole time?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They grow and farm asses?

The funniest part is it's not even the Americans who rebelled.

In the 18th/19th century, it became the vogue in Britain for the upper class to use French loan words and spellings, and when the upper classes sneeze the lower classes catch a cold so before long everyone was using the Frenchified spellings. So in fact the 'American' spellings, are closer to original English, than modern 'British' spellings. This oddity is further compounded by the fact the Oxford English Dictionary (Which is supposed to be the definitive source on English language and spelling), advises using the so-called 'American' spellings for just this reason.

We Brits are the stubborn ones, it's the 19th century equivalent to YOLO or twerking

But how could they tell? ;)

("no comment")

I really want to find the time to do a proper reference sheet, but, i wish i had the time for a lot of stuff...

That'll be a feature in the next update

Icebelly and HiroRyusaru like this.
  6. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Btw a pic of my house-tent im currently making....

2014-03-24_00001.jpg The Vents are some sort of "Life support".
    Its a savannah planet and too hot for an Avali, so i came up with the idea to have vents, to make the whole tent colder inside.

7. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

All these pictures of things other people are building... and I still can't find a goddamn planet to build on. All I want is a pretty snow planet ;w;

Still, at least I'll have plenty of ideas by the time I do find a place to live, I guess!

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Have a monster-hunting spear <.<
    [​IMG]

(It turns out there's a simple parameter to make spears directional and non-shitty. I'm gonna enable it for the avali spears anyway, it's silly the avali can't do their trademark diving-stab move)

Mattyrogue, Bast, J_Mourne and 6 others like this.
  9. Myifee

Myifee Guest

That's poetry in motion

Silavor likes this.
  10. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

It reminds me of the dragoon class in final fantasy :D

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Same principle. Idea of dragoons in FF is they jump up (to an implausible height) and then use a combination of body weight and gravity to punch the lance deep into the target. Avali on the other hand are ambush hunters, which means they can set one of their pack up on an elevation in advance with a lance and lure the prey into the kill zone (and use their wings to control their aim)

DarkusTheFirst and HiroRyusaru like this.
  12. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Wait, as we talk about lances....I drew an avali lance not long ago. Maybe you wanna see it? I think it will be a good weapon especially there are no lances in starbound yet :c

13. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

Monster spears! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!1!!!!111111!!!!one11!!!

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You drew a competition jousting lance, i saw it xD

A "lance" by definition is a reinforced, (usually metal shod) spear used by mounted infantry. Lances are usually too heavy to be efficiently wielded by footsoldiers, they're more designed to use the momentum of a mount to drive them into the enemy ranks. FF's Dragoons, and Avali hunters make an exception on that since they use gravity to drive the weapon into their target (FF Dragoons do it because rule of cool. Avali hunters do it because their prey are built like brick shithouses and a wooden spear won't cut it)

The cone-shaped lance you see in jousting competitions, or in some less informed JRPG's with western fantasy settings is as I said - a competition jousting lance. This is rather akin to trying to fire a basketball out of a cannon. yes they're both balls... but one is used for sports, the other is a weapon.

15. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Sounds.....not good I guess >. .<

16. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

That is the most badass thing I've heard all day.

Icebelly and HiroRyusaru like this.
  17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

When in doubt, quote the Savage.

0deneb0 likes this.
  18. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Once you join this thread, your rank skyrockets at an incredibly rapid rate.

Calabrese likes this.
  19. Myifee

Myifee Guest

I would imagine so! Most awards and such that I have are form my time here, not from posting and such.

HiroRyusaru likes this.
  20. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Must contemplate what to draw. Obvious choice is an Avali but my only program is for (mostly) unrealistic digital painting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.