1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, so I was reading the wiki, and I noticed a concept for avali headphones (http://avali.wikia.com/wiki/File:Headphones.jpg). This is all well and good, but since the avali use sound as a primary sense, wouldn't that be similar to walking around with an occulus rift playing a series of images?

2. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

You can hardly expect teenage avali to listen responsibly. Oracle Revolution, the latest hit punk rock band, is only worth listening to if the volume is so loud you can't even walk straight. Adults just don't understand.

DarkusTheFirst and Zenithcore like this.
  3. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

unless the headphones are also feeding in live microphone feeds. You can do that now with an iphone.

On another note: Huge ass farm.
    Screenshot 2014-03-23 21.24.33.png

Starhowl likes this.
  4. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Upgrade idea for spears: lightweight materials make them less cumbersome, so you can aim where you're stabbing. Code doesn't look to hard, saw another mod apply it to normal spears.

Marxon likes this.
  5. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

I feel like a bit of a dunce right now, like I'm positive I'm overlooking something simple, but I don't quite understand the Aeroponics.

By my understanding, it's supposed to function like dirt? So I should be able to plant things in it? There's gotta be more to it than that, because I can't do a thing with it. It's just a fancy-sided aerogel for now.

Edit: Haha, and Raieth proves via picture that I must be doing something wrong while I'm typing this post.

6. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

You can't just walk up to normal dirt, throw seeds at it, and expect things to grow either. Try using a hoe first. :p

Starhowl and Zenithcore like this.
  7. Zenithcore

Zenithcore Void-Bound Voyager

... I have now spent 1/4 of my spring break from college reading this entire thread... I <3 Avali, and i should probably dial back on watching this thread so intently :rofl:

Edit: Also, i was so into Avali, i made myself an avatar just for my account on here, but it wont let me change it :(

But here is what i made :3[​IMG]

I also liked the idea of those headphones. Just seemed cool to me.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Calabrese likes this.
  8. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Join the club. You could say I eat drink and sleep the Avali life at this point. :p
    (No seriously. I did nothing but play starbound over the course of last week with around 4 hours of RP a day. I need help :rofl:)

9. Zenithcore

Glad to join :rofl:, nice to see im not the only one enraptured by the cuteness of Avali and the epicness of starbound :3

10. Icebelly

Yep. :p
    As for the avatar, try gravatar. The manual upload isn't working right now.

11. Zenithcore

I looked at gravatar, but my mind farted at how i didnt see an "insert image here to use as your gravatar"

Any advice?

12. Icebelly

I think I missed something in that statement.
    You got an account on the gravatar site right?
    You just have to register with your email.

13. Zenithcore

Figured it out :D thankyou for the help!

14. Icebelly

No problem. :D

15. Zenithcore

I know you prolly don't want to here it Ryu, but will there be more culinary items added with the ones already in it? I currently enjoy the Avali taco ;3

16. QuicksilverConspiracy

QuicksilverConspiracy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

So the whole thing with the Nexus AR has me thinking...

Do the people who admin the Nexus ever do mindhacking on people?

Like Sight level stuff?

17. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

As far as I can tell. No not really.

18. Zenithcore

I concur, this is also of relevance to me. It would greatly help with any ideas on fan art for me ^_^

19. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

20. Zenithcore

Cool! Even the image i found that let me draw the Ivali headphones is here. ty!

Edit: Also... whats with this thing calling me a space hobo...

Edit 2: Night lol. it is 4:04 AM. I think that might be a good time to hit the hay.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.