1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Why are there no mechs?
    Why are avali not immune to cold?
    When are we going to get more clothes/armour/weapons?
    How do I craft guns?
    Why can't I craft avali chits?
    Hey, why is [random graphical glitch] not fixed? Did you not know it existed? I bet you didn't know it existed.

Um... what other ones are there? Oh, has anyone asked about the slant in the ship roof lately? I remember that one used to be pretty common.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  2. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

all awesome questions but I have to run to work. I'm going to be late as it is.

feel free to help!
    http://avali.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_(FAQ)

3. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

I got one,
    Why cant I wear normal armor?

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Honestly I don't hear that one a lot, people seem to get that intuitively oddly enough.

5. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

oh! before I forget, it would be awesome if someone could maybe do a citation like thing like wikipedia does linking back to either avali wiki pages or to this thread that would be AMAZAAAAAA.

Okay running out the door now, see you laters!

6. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Madtulips custom ship mod is a very good one.

In all honesty as much as that mod works, Madtulips in my opinion is better because of the fact that you can make ships that have curved/slanted angles on them and not have that blocky look, even better you can just as well use any block you want, you don't even have to use the tile set blocks, you can just use other blocks which is what Fully customizable ships does.

The difference between the two mods I've seen is that one uses quality over quantity, and I find that Madtulips uses the quality over quantity equation.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

What about, why does the railgun do friendly fire, that's a common one.

8. Aryto

Aryto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, it can be done in Adobe Illustrator with Image Trace. Or you can use a program like Vector Magic to auto-trace. Mine's an example of a tweaked auto-trace.

Nngh. I love sketchy concept art.... I need to get our server updated and find time to play again >.<

9. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, yes you do. :p

I think a Footnote function would accomplish what you're looking for, but I can't remember if Wikia has a footnote code or not.

10. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

HiroRyusaru, RyuujinZERO and Silavor like this.
  11. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Since we already have an FAQ in the Avali Wiki, do you think we should also include a list of known bugs in the latest version? We could direct people to that list before they report something that is already known, and also note whether is fixed in development or something like that.

HiroRyusaru likes this.
  12. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

I think thats a great idea! ^, ,^

Calabrese likes this.
  13. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

I have the answer.
    You see, the normal armor is tailored to the normal character shape. If you look at the six default races, they all have the same basic body shape.
    Ryuujin custom sprited the Avali race, not using the basic player model base. So when an Avali equips normal armor, the game applies it to the basic body shape.
    So it looks like there's an invisible dude standing where you are. Which looks really weird. This is also the reason Avali clothes don't work for other races; it's made to fit the Avali model.

14. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

I know,i was being stupid..

Calabrese likes this.
  15. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

please don't. there is enough of that on the internet as is.

16. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I seem to be a minority, but I actually really don't like the custom ship mod.

Ships built out of it just... lack any sort of unified asethetic, I find? Like sure that leviathan is a great bit of block engineering but its a mess graphically.

I prefer the nice clean high-detail static ship designs you get with the base game or the default Avali ship.

Battle Bee likes this.
  17. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Indeed. Also, has there been any word on when the official Avali forum is gonna be kicked off? I recall there were issues initially. Not sure this discussion forum can hold up much longer under the weight of the discussions happening! We're almost to 250 pages! I'm hearing a lot of creaking and groaning happening! Besides, getting the forum would let us break up elements of the discussion into focused threads so we don't get things mixed up or lost in the flood of responses to other elements of discussion.

HiroRyusaru likes this.
  18. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Okay, I appended a "known bugs and issues" section to the Avali Wiki FAQ and went back through the pages to document those reported since the latest update... turns out half were bugs in the core game or mod incompatibilities, and the rest were three or four bugs that were reported half a dozen times each. I feel Ryuujin's pain now.
    It could be argued that "FAQ" and "known bugs and issues" should be separate pages, but I find those concepts overlap sometimes (some people will consider something a bug when it's not) and there aren't enough topics to make the page unwieldily large right now.

HiroRyusaru likes this.
  19. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also, looking on the wiki's art gallery, WHY HAS NO ONE ADDED RYUUJIN'S SHOWING OF AVALI SMILES?! Those images were just plan EPIC!

20. Dillon The Hylotl

Dillon The Hylotl Starship Captain

This is probably a stupid question, but the avail isn't showing up in my character creation?
    Edit: on a mac

21. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Are you using a character creator extension such as this one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.