1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Shall I execute the emergency page ending protocol?

Calabrese likes this.
  2. GuardianofHarmony

GuardianofHarmony Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Calabrese likes this.
  3. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Prime example of what Ryuujin was talking about when he said he wanted players to be more diverse in their building materials
    I just took down my primary house. It was 4 largish rooms (Larger than those you'd usually find in a village) with a farm on top.

Total block count:
    432 Glass (Mostly in the farm, for a 'greenhouse' sort of thing)
    66 Smooth Plated Blocks (Used in sub-floor and walls of basement that was soon to be converted to a weapons testing area)
    60 Avali Platforms
    168 Aeroponics tubes
    182 Nanofibre Poles
    56 Avali Tapestry (White)
    56 Avali Tapestry (Yellow)
    79 Tech Panels
    1,836 Nanocanvas. This was used as walls, background, and floors/ceilings.
    (And various chests and decorations and workstations)

..... Hey, Nanocanvas was super easy to craft when I made this. One piece of coal and some pixels would make ten blocks (IIRC)
    The other stuff, like tech panels, platforms, aeroponics, that crafting wasn't implemented yet, they had to be looted and I couldn't bring myself to tear down the Avali settlements I'd found D:

Marxon likes this.
  4. Little-blade

Little-blade Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question, this probably won't be relevant for a long time but are there any plans to add pack members as followers once Chucklefish implements the pet system?

Just curious...

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The lore in the starting codex is that you abandoned your pack to save both yourself and them, so I'd think no.

6. Little-blade

Makes sense. I was focussing more on the character creation tips from the wiki since they place a lot of influence on the pack relationship. Besides there's nothing to say they can't come back at some point in the storyline - could even be a quest reward.

7. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

For the moment, I think the closest you can get is the spawners. I think there are Avali spawners in the mod already... though they wouldn't be exactly "followers"

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

That is a fair point. Though from the looks of things, if the tech is any indication, you can only 'equip' two pack members at a time, and only actually use one at any given moment. (Like how you can lock in 4 techs, but only actually use one at a time without switching to a different one)

9. Little-blade

I have fitted out one of the larger spaceship mods as a sort of spacefaring village full of avali npcs (and a hylotl doctor). I just feels a bit odd that I'm the only one who ever leaves the ship.

10. Little-blade

That is an issue.

Now I'm wondering if it might be possible to create "cluster" pets that move independently but only take up one slot...

As far as individual avali go, I'm looking at one of the NPCTYPE files now. If different pet types are generated in the same way it shouldn't be too tricky.

11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I actually had a pack, they didn't last, but that's history, I have noticed though a strangely high level of cooperation between members of the private avali server.

12. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

Private server? What is this? <.<

13. Levrix

Levrix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

14. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

lol... steam servers seem to be overloaded...

15. Levrix

It don't even acknowledge the fact my account exists... o_O

16. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

We all love you steam, your the best :DD disconnecting all the time.

17. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

I have the same problem i think.. D:

18. Levrix

If its not fixed soon i'l just pile everyone involved in a conversation and we can work on tonight's activity from here.

19. SKyWee

SKyWee Void-Bound Voyager

yes I can't play my games --'

20. Levrix

Valve must have forgotten to do their third software update to their servers... (Props if you get the joke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.